Map Editor Upgrade, Suggestions

12 posts

Flag Post

I need an upgrade, no improvement from last one!! Who Else Agrees?

Suggestion 1. By Me
.The ability to add a thin strip of land and if you lose the land below you, falling occurs and a quick death.

Suggestion 2. By Me
.Tunnel Maps where you each start inside the mountain instead of on it, this would be awesome! yes!

Suggestion 3. By ZzAlexzZ
.Water (which slows you down) and similar textures in the map-maker! Instead of one simple plain ground which everyone uses.

Flag Post

This would destroy the landtansformation of shots as there are no holes possible in this landscape-style.
Maybe in SSL3?

Flag Post

Yes Having it in SSL3 would make the entire game more interesting with a new wide-range of terrain and map styles..
This would also add a vast arrange of Deathmatch and FFA maps aswell, it could also provide a new genre perhaps being called “Sudden Death” where if you fall of the map you lose that round.

The main benefit for the creator out of this costly upgrade would be that he would encourage more users to buy the “Use Your Custom Maps Option”, Costing 40 or so tank coins.

Flag Post

@Suggestion 2, That would be silly unless the tunnels were massive; Your own weapons wont be able to effectively blow the tunnel up or down without harming yourself!

Flag Post

@Suggestion #1 Do you mean like in worms, where a option for a map generation would be layers of ground? That sounds like a great idea, only a great deal of weapons would probably hit the person at the top layer since some are air strikes, and you have to think about spacing inside so the user wouldn’t damage himself.

If you’re thinking about just two strips of land, this probably wouldn’t be a problem.

@Suggestion #3 How would that work? Will weapons be affected by it?

Flag Post

An idea i have:

Maybe you could make maps with different materials….
So one material = unblowupable (nice word, right?) whilst the other would be easily blown up. With the unblowupable material you could make a tunnel underneath that would be pretty big so you could have combat above and below, and possibly some jump platforms to propel you from the tunnel to above ground.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ThanatosII:

An idea i have:

So one material = unblowupable (nice word, right?) whilst the other would be easily blown up. With the unblowupable material you could make a tunnel underneath that would be pretty big so you could have combat above and below, and possibly some jump platforms to propel you from the tunnel to above ground.

Cool idea

Flag Post

Ok well since Kongregate chat does not allow me to ignore spaces between characters I can’t give you the diagram I was going to use though here is a complex game (Used on Capture The Flag)… You can use teleporters to get from above ground and below ground. Though each teleporter takes 2 turns to charge.

Teleporter 1 Is Fully Changed (100%) – Takes you to Teleporter 2, Teleporter 2 (50%) is not fully charge so you cannot go from Teleport 2 to 1.

Now you may be wondering why would I go into the enemy zone, Outnumbered?!?! by myself on CTF. Now!, here is why you can put multiple people on the teleporter at once, that is why it is wise to wait for your team-mates and than storm the enemy area and capture their flag. Once captured you must defend yourself for two turns before you can retreat to your own flag but watch out has an enemy gotten on the teleporter with you?
@Thanatos Diagram to help you with one of the possibilities on my second suggestion.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Entername_______:

An idea i have:

Cool idea

Nice Name :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by catsinmens12:
Originally posted by Entername_______:

An idea i have:

Cool idea

Nice Name :D

thanks cat :D

Flag Post

Np Enter Name

Flag Post

What about a capture the flags type game? You can place the teams flag and your shots can protect the flag from getting captured.