Tyrant Errors (locked)

4951 posts

Flag Post

We experienced some major issues today but they have been resolved. To make up for lost downtime, we refilled all energy and gave everyone 10 War Bonds.

We have heard several reports of ‘getName’ errors, and our next update will have a fix that should resolve these – this should also improve the startup time for users with slower connections. Other errors, such as 1011s and 1012s, will be addressed shortly after.

Thank you for understanding as we continue to fix bugs and make Tyrant the game we all want it to be :)

 
Flag Post

Ok. Synapticon, some advice:
Don’t be too greedy, no one likes that =).

BTW, from suggestions and stuff, I’ve composed a list:
AI Improvement
Energy Increase/Removal
Faction War Balancing (Lv 5s would slaughter Lv 1s due to more members)
More Cards =) Everyone would love it.
Fix Bugs.

 
Flag Post

Im still getting all the same errors you where getting before downtime…

 
Flag Post

Renegade – what were those errors?

Dragon – fair enough! We’ve mentioned a couple future updates addressing these issues, but here’s a couple more:
Factions can only fight other factions + 1 level, so “5 vs. 1” won’t happen.
-We want to release expansion sets about once every 8-12 weeks, which include 50-60 cards, new missions and achievements, and some other goodies.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DragonArcherZ:

Ok. Synapticon, some advice:
Don’t be too greedy, no one likes that =).

BTW, from suggestions and stuff, I’ve composed a list:
AI Improvement
Energy Increase/Removal
Faction War Balancing (Lv 5s would slaughter Lv 1s due to more members)
More Cards =) Everyone would love it.
Fix Bugs.

I can answer some of these myself, without being a part of the game team.
AI: I’m sure they’re working on it, it’s no simple thing though.
Energy: They won’t remove it for sure. Hopefully they’ll balance it a bit though, especially increasing the max.
More cards: This takes time, but they’ll be working on it.

edit: ninja’d by a lot

 
Flag Post

I cannot load a mission just deletes my energy and refreshes page.
I cannot purchase a pack. Takes my gold never shows me cards maybe there there but I have a few hard to tell what I got… if i got anything at all.
It keeps having getname errors and makes me refresh page as well after a period of time.
so basically its not working at all for me :( sorry to tell you

 
Flag Post

The real question is: Why does the game not refund energy when it dabbles to an “error”? Smells like a “Why bother, that’ll just make them need refills all the more” sorta solution, since you clearly identify the problem early enough to make it possible, hell, we don’t even know it’s a real error and not just a random chance of sucking energy from everyone? I’d say the same about the Oops-I-took-your-gold-but-won’t-show-the-cards-so-you-don’t-even-know-if-you-got-any feature of the store.

Sure, these could be real errors caused by alot of things, though there’s a million different ways of making sure they wouldn’t penalize the player as they currently do and you’re not bothering with them and as with anything that involves real money and incentives for using it, the current way of handling them smells like a pot greenhouse on fire.

 
Flag Post

The game has been out on Kongregate for a week and we’ve already fixed a handful of issues – it’s not as easy as flipping the ‘Has Bugs’ switch to ‘off’. I can guarantee that we aren’t ‘creating bugs on purpose’ because believe me, they would cost us a lot more than we would gain from them. Having a good, bug-free game is best for both us (the developers) and you (the players), so our interests are aligned.

To be more specific, the reason we don’t just refund energy when it dabbles to an error is because of the technical issues of a client/server game. If we just took energy at the end of a battle, then people could quit if halfway through a losing mission and never waste energy (which is also broken). So instead of spending lots of dev time working out a halfway solution, we’re spending some dev time actually fixing the bugs.

 
Flag Post

Hey I am also still getting the Error/Timeout Loading something

if i leave it at the homescreen, it tells me NetGame or something along that lines
if i do a mission it says DoMisson

oh and buying cards doesnt show up, but i know i got new cards.
and even though it failed to load the mission, the battle still plays out on the server, i know cause i lost energy and nothing changed. i swapped a few cards and did the same mission i gained gold, mission % and exp. i emptied my deck (only commander left) and retried the mission, energy lost but no change to everything else so battle does occur its just the player doesnt get to see it

btw to all of u still experiencing this bug, just switch on autoplay and do the missions as normal. im nt sure if manual works but im nt gona try.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

The game has been out on Kongregate for a week and we’ve already fixed a handful of issues – it’s not as easy as flipping the ‘Has Bugs’ switch to ‘off’. I can guarantee that we aren’t ‘creating bugs on purpose’ because believe me, they would cost us a lot more than we would gain from them. Having a good, bug-free game is best for both us (the developers) and you (the players), so our interests are aligned.

To be more specific, the reason we don’t just refund energy when it dabbles to an error is because of the technical issues of a client/server game. If we just took energy at the end of a battle, then people could quit if halfway through a losing mission and never waste energy (which is also broken). So instead of spending lots of dev time working out a halfway solution, we’re spending some dev time actually fixing the bugs.

The majority of us appreciate the work you put into keeping the game as bug-free as possible, it’s usually the younger players that think there’s a ‘bugs off’ switch. Also, if you consider the enormous energy cost to even fight battles, it probably wouldn’t be overpowered at all if the energy was reduced at the end of the fight – more specifically, after winning. It would save you from a lot of ‘a glitch made me lose’ complaints, and reduce frustration for the players. I know I sure as hell wouldn’t pay for a refill if a glitch caused me to lose my energy (nor would I be very likely to from a cheap death), so I don’t think any profits are lost there.

 
Flag Post

Don’t mean to accuse you of anything, just saying you never know – the world is full of evil people :P

But indeed, as with any ‘online’ game there’s always the problem of what you can trust the client with (in this particular case, battling), but it was a choice you made fully knowing the alternative and the costs and I don’t see why the regular players will be the ones to pay half of it; if someone really, really wants to cheat, they will be able to as long as the client is allowed any decision making of it’s own.

One (simple and clean without adding too much load for the server) solution would be to save deck card orders in the beginning of battle and if the player drops out, make the auto fight it for him (you might even try recording the order in which cards were played if it doesn’t load the server too much).

The reasoning? If the player lost the battle and dropped on purpose, what are the chances of auto winning it for him? Slim to none, as we all know, the auto isn’t a very good player. How many regular players would bother to ‘cheat’ by dropping out of lost battles when they know they’ll only win a fraction of them anyway? Few to very few. Now all we have to ask is, which is more, the few lost battles turned into winnings by the few players who would bother with it, or the people who actually use hacks to cheat?

I don’t know, I don’t think we can know, but I do know that those who want to cheat can do it regardless, so I’d see it as a better solution to not kick the legit players in the face for some lost package.

 
Flag Post

although i would suggest lesser energy needed to do missions i kinda am fine with the way they do things now. if i was allowed to retain my energy if i lost then this wouldnt be a strategy CCG anymore, i’d just charge into a mission lose change cards randomly and charge again. it would defeat the purpose of the game, he might as well make a rpg game that overpowers the player’s charcter. simply thoughtless hacking and slashing, i mean there’s a gratification in those kind of games but this is strategy where every action you do counts. and if they allow cheater to do as they please, what would happen to the so-called legit people, wouldnt they want to cheat as well, and as cheater numbers grow, legit players either start cheating or simply stop playing. its called peer pressure.

oh and i kinda found where the bug supposedly lies, there’s another thread that talks about the same bugs and a player posted to quit the faction. i removed my application and my game works fine now, so i think the bug lies somewhere there. just FYI, in case u didnt know.

 
Flag Post

Nothing major but the acheivement “advancement” says “Buy an Gold pack” An should be changed to a. Thanks for the game.

 
Flag Post

My game lags enormously,everytime I try to fight (in arena or mission) it crashes,everytime I try my luck at the daily chance it crashes,and every time it crashes,it shows the timeout or failed to get messages,I’m trying to keep on playing,but all these bugs keep making me want to stop. Also,you might want to optimise your coding to make the game lag less and take forced reloads out of the system,I HATE forced reloads,as it’s hard to play 3 seconds worth of the game without it crashing.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by jamesdyer680:

My game lags enormously,everytime I try to fight (in arena or mission) it crashes,everytime I try my luck at the daily chance it crashes,and every time it crashes,it shows the timeout or failed to get messages,I’m trying to keep on playing,but all these bugs keep making me want to stop. Also,you might want to optimise your coding to make the game lag less and take forced reloads out of the system,I HATE forced reloads,as it’s hard to play 3 seconds worth of the game without it crashing.

Do a step at a time until it starts working (assuming by ‘crashing’ you’re talking about errors, not plugincontainer crashing):

1. Stop your downloads when you play, as with any online game, a laggy connection will cause you to fail at pretty much everything.
2. Turn off any programs that hog memory or cpu.
3. Switch to another browser.
4. Stop your downloads.
5. Go to step 4.

 
Flag Post

So basically, you’re telling me to stop playing? because of step 2…. anyway,I’ll try doing step 3.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by multifails:
Originally posted by jamesdyer680:

My game lags enormously,everytime I try to fight (in arena or mission) it crashes,everytime I try my luck at the daily chance it crashes,and every time it crashes,it shows the timeout or failed to get messages,I’m trying to keep on playing,but all these bugs keep making me want to stop. Also,you might want to optimise your coding to make the game lag less and take forced reloads out of the system,I HATE forced reloads,as it’s hard to play 3 seconds worth of the game without it crashing.

Do a step at a time until it starts working (assuming by ‘crashing’ you’re talking about errors, not plugincontainer crashing):

1. Stop your downloads when you play, as with any online game, a laggy connection will cause you to fail at pretty much everything.
2. Turn off any programs that hog memory or cpu.
3. Switch to another browser.
4. Stop your downloads.
5. Go to step 4.

Game Booster is an awesome program. I use it to help play PC games, online games, and pretty much whenever I need to use any program that eats up a lot of CPU/memory. You can download it here:http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

I’m not trying to plug anything, honest! A gamer friend showed it to me about a year ago, and I’ve been recommending it ever since :)

 
Flag Post

Pretty much same problem, from yesterday i just keep getting timeouts.
Btw no soft or hard changes on system…

 
Flag Post

Today the problem is continued. I lost about 60 Energy for a timeout/loading error…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

To be more specific, the reason we don’t just refund energy when it dabbles to an error is because of the technical issues of a client/server game. If we just took energy at the end of a battle, then people could quit if halfway through a losing mission and never waste energy (which is also broken). So instead of spending lots of dev time working out a halfway solution, we’re spending some dev time actually fixing the bugs.

Well, you could subtract energy on the first time a card is played by a human player, not as it’s loading. That would fix it I think.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by powerloser:

oh and i kinda found where the bug supposedly lies, there’s another thread that talks about the same bugs and a player posted to quit the faction. i removed my application and my game works fine now, so i think the bug lies somewhere there. just FYI, in case u didnt know.

yea quitting faction works for me as well
i think power is rite the problems somewhere there

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by devil1d:
Originally posted by powerloser:

oh and i kinda found where the bug supposedly lies, there’s another thread that talks about the same bugs and a player posted to quit the faction. i removed my application and my game works fine now, so i think the bug lies somewhere there. just FYI, in case u didnt know.

yea quitting faction works for me as well
i think power is rite the problems somewhere there

Same, I quit the application process to a faction and the game stopped lagging immediately and the error messages went away.

 
Flag Post

Quitting faction worked for me as well.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by powerloser:

although i would suggest lesser energy needed to do missions i kinda am fine with the way they do things now. if i was allowed to retain my energy if i lost then this wouldnt be a strategy CCG anymore, i’d just charge into a mission lose change cards randomly and charge again. it would defeat the purpose of the game, he might as well make a rpg game that overpowers the player’s charcter. simply thoughtless hacking and slashing, i mean there’s a gratification in those kind of games but this is strategy where every action you do counts. and if they allow cheater to do as they please, what would happen to the so-called legit people, wouldnt they want to cheat as well, and as cheater numbers grow, legit players either start cheating or simply stop playing. its called peer pressure.

It should instead cost an amount of gold to challenge missions, and energy would be lost at the end if you win. That would prevent people from playing until they get lucky (especially if the AI improves). I get the need for a ‘risk’, but what kind of stupid risk is “haha, go wait 20 minutes until you can play another mission LOL”. People who don’t disconnect usually win their missions, so I doubt we’d all suddenly become overpowered.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Hotshot2k4:
Originally posted by powerloser:

although i would suggest lesser energy needed to do missions i kinda am fine with the way they do things now. if i was allowed to retain my energy if i lost then this wouldnt be a strategy CCG anymore, i’d just charge into a mission lose change cards randomly and charge again. it would defeat the purpose of the game, he might as well make a rpg game that overpowers the player’s charcter. simply thoughtless hacking and slashing, i mean there’s a gratification in those kind of games but this is strategy where every action you do counts. and if they allow cheater to do as they please, what would happen to the so-called legit people, wouldnt they want to cheat as well, and as cheater numbers grow, legit players either start cheating or simply stop playing. its called peer pressure.

It should instead cost an amount of gold to challenge missions, and energy would be lost at the end if you win. That would prevent people from playing until they get lucky (especially if the AI improves). I get the need for a ‘risk’, but what kind of stupid risk is “haha, go wait 20 minutes until you can play another mission LOL”. People who don’t disconnect usually win their missions, so I doubt we’d all suddenly become overpowered.

ur mad
maybe special missions or side quests should cost gold/warbonds to play.
with rewards worth spending them
but the storyline missions should defintely remain energy related :D