there should be a tie mode

13 posts

Flag Post

i was faceing a person and we both had no cards left and it just went back and fourth

Flag Post

There is. After 50 turns, whoever has less HP on their commander loses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Xskill:

There is. After 50 turns, whoever has less HP on their commander loses.

really? I thought the attacker (player) always loses no matter what the HP is.

Flag Post

It is what Hotshot2k4 said, the attacker automatically lost on turn 50.

Flag Post

there SHOULD be a tie-breaker.

Like, whomever has the sexiest commander

Flag Post
Originally posted by floppynoodles:

there SHOULD be a tie-breaker.

Like, whomever has the sexiest commander

Then my LtW deck will win all the tie breaks!

Flag Post

The best idea will be to give the victory to the commander with the top HP overall.

Example: If P1 have Gnorlock with 1 HP and P2 Deacon with 2 HP the winner is P1 (1/6 is more than 1/7)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:

The best idea will be to give the victory to the commander with the top HP overall.

Example: If P1 have Gnorlock with 1 HP and P2 Deacon with 2 HP the winner is P1 (1/6 is more than 1/7)

no because if im using a 20hp commander my deck probably takes advantage of that fact and uses some of that hp as a meatshield

Flag Post

I agree there needs to be a better way to handle ties. I’m not sure what the best way would be.

Flag Post
Originally posted by p4n1q:

I agree there needs to be a better way to handle ties. I’m not sure what the best way would be.

What’s wrong with the current way?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Perfs:
Originally posted by p4n1q:

What’s wrong with the current way?

Yeah, I agree. What is wrong with the system?

Flag Post

Fifty turns is not always enough. I have played matches where one player clearly would have won after turn 50, but instead the game was declared a draw.

In tournaments, a draw is treated as a non-event. If nothing else, they should be half a win and half a loss. Something, anything, to indicate a match was played and drawn.

Ties are in general distasteful. Maybe I only think that because I am American. Nearly any way of resolving ties would be nice.

Flag Post

@artdz: Is only in case of a battle ending at turn 50 with both command alive, if you use Skillkeeper and defeat the opposing commander you win the battle normally.