Gold packs vs enclave packs

63 posts

Flag Post

What is the difference between gold packs and enclave packs?
They both give 3 common, 2 uncommon and 1 common.
I know they give other cards, but is the enclave pack really worth twice the gold packs?

thx

Flag Post

enclave packs have better cards

Flag Post

gold packs have better cards

Flag Post

gold packs have more variety of cards
which makes the possibility of getting good cards from enclave packs higher

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Flag Post

Gold packs have better cards
C-C-C-Comb-Muted

Flag Post

I’ve never bought either, but my friends say to resist peer preasure I should go against you guys and saw Enclave, so
Enclave packs have better cards

Flag Post

ok enclave is a whole other set of cards. The gold pack draws from the standard cards, the same set you buy when you get bronze and silver packs. The enclave pack, however, is a set all on its own so the only way to get enclave cards if from the enclave pack. So I would recommend buying gold at least a couple of times because there are some pretty decent gold and legendary cards in the standard set. Then get enclave as it will get you an entire pack of new cards you haven’t seen before, some of which are really good. Btw the nexus pack is a similar deal but you need to spend warbonds to buy it.

Flag Post

Gold packs are generally better, but there are some enclave cards you’ll want if you’re playing Xeno. You should start out buying gold packs until you have a really solid deck, then buy enclave if there are specific cards you want from it.

Flag Post

Regardless of all the logical whoop-whaap, the point stands:

Flag Post

Flag Post

Never again will I buy enclave…I wasted 30k the last 2 days on crap that belongs in silver packs (I now there are no rare in silver, but those rare i got from 3 packs are 100% useless)!

Flag Post

Xeno decks demolish for the most part, and Enclave packs have tons of fairly good Xeno cards, so if you’re running a Xeno, buy enclave. Even if you don’t have a Xeno deck, you should buy a couple Enclave packs because you start getting all of the same cards with the Gold packs. I have 86/111 Gold cards collected and only 30/50 Enclave cards, so the chances of me getting a new card from the Enclave pack are higher. But then again…

Gold packs have better cards.

Flag Post

tip: once you got tiamat, havoc, hatchet, vyander, predator, exodrone, dominated hatchlings, daemon, apex, and some other good rare cards, consider buying a couple of enclave packs

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheIdioticIdiot:

tip: once you got tiamat, havoc, hatchet, vyander, predator, exodrone, dominated hatchlings, daemon, apex, and some other good rare cards, consider buying a couple of enclave packs

Or don’t. What about atlas, silo, omega, and many others? A more practical tip is don’t buy any enclave packs until you have at least 100/111 from the standard set. You can wait until 75 or so if you have a big thing for xeno cards, but otherwise it’s just a waste of money for what you get.

Flag Post

Enclave has some “must have” cards of its own, though. It’s all about what cards you need, and Enclave will naturally have a higher chance of giving one specific card than gold (since there are more than twice as many possible cards in gold). Arc Trooper is like the Hatchet of Imperials, Cannon Walker is every Raider’s anti-structure dream, and ComSat Station is just so delicious in high-delay Imperial tank decks. That’s not counting the Xenos at all, which are much more common and generally pretty sweet. Though it seems they only have one decent Bloodthirsty card, and not a must-have one.

Basically, while gold packs will get you a higher number of rare cards sooner, you’re stifling yourself if you insist on only buying them. Mix it up with some Enclave once in a while to get the full benefit of your deck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hotshot2k4:
Originally posted by TheIdioticIdiot:

Or don’t. What about atlas, silo, omega, and many others? A more practical tip is don’t buy any enclave packs until you have at least 100/111 from the standard set. You can wait until 75 or so if you have a big thing for xeno cards, but otherwise it’s just a waste of money for what you get.

I said “and some other good rare cards”, I can’t recall every good card off the back of my head…
and a couple of enclave is not a waste, I have a few cards I use from enclave packs

Flag Post

Socran, both the arc trooper and the cannon walker come from the main campaign, and one of each card is usually enough. Also, the arc trooper is no hatchet because it can’t target air. It’s a great card in some decks, but nothing you’d want to rush with.

Flag Post

Is the reward for buying your first enclave pack worth buying it or should I just wait till I have closer to 100 standard cards?

Flag Post

Hmm? Both Arc Trooper and Cannon Walker are the kind of cards that are useful to have multiples of. Cannon Walkers do better sieging as a team, and Arc Trooper’s high health and immobilize makes it incredibly useful in a deck that’s designed to last a while with heals, which is the same kind of deck that makes the most use out of the ComSat Station. (Their low delay makes them viable to play later in an otherwise high-delay deck, on top of being able to attack sooner if they’re played early.) I think they were both given out through the campaign on the basis that it’s worthwhile to try to get more of them (unlike the Xeno Mothership).

Anyway, the point is that you should buy your packs based on what you want to add to your deck, not based on one being “better” than another. Sure, it’s nice to start out with mostly gold in order to give yourself a “cushion” of lots of rare cards, but eventually you’re going to start looking for individual cards, and both sets have the same value in that regard.

I suppose you could say, calculate how many cards you want in each specific set, multiply the number for Enclave by two (since it costs twice as much but has twice the chance of getting what you want), and just see which number is higher. But certainly don’t wait until you just have X number of Standard cards…

Flag Post
Originally posted by OneHit:

Is the reward for buying your first enclave pack worth buying it or should I just wait till I have closer to 100 standard cards?

The reward for buying your first enclave pack is 50 gold. Don’t buy packs for the achieves.

Flag Post

Save up to 15k and buy a Titan. One of the best decisions I made so far.