Deny Support Achievement

19 posts

Flag Post

I’m trying to get the Deny Support Achievement, but I’m running into some trouble. First off what mission should I play this on? I tried 24 but got demolished, is there a mission that would be a lot easier to handle?

Here’s the deck that I used (I just threw it together with some of my extra cards)
1 Raider Wall
1 Death From Above
1 Pandemic
2 Orbital Cannons
3 Harbor Commands
2 Medics

Any suggestions on a better deck? Also, inb4EMP… I don’t have one =[.

Flag Post

My strategy was using a strong attacking deck, and play the medics as the last two cards.
Kill the opponent’s commander before the first medic heals.
You need to control the timing.
This way your units can take damage; just finish the fight before the first medic moves.
It works on any missions as long as your attack power is strong enough, and no specified deck/cards needed. But EMP is very handy to control the timing.

Another strategy is using a structure/action strike deck, wipe out enemy units then play medics. You’d better pick an easier mission with this method though.

Flag Post

I only went after that achievement and most others after clearing all 90 missions, so all I did was use my regular strike/rush deck, and switched some of the heavier units for 3 medics (to prevent me from winning before drawing all the cards accidentally), played my normal game, and played the 2 medics as I felt the fight was about to end. The trick is to kill everything before it can hit you, so your medics would have nothing to heal. If you have tiamat, chronos, or anything else reasonably fast that has strike, you should probably put it in. Blood grunts and those 3/1 1 delay raider tanks might be good choices, since they die if they get hit. If you fight against a raider deck, devastators would be perfect if you have any, and malort should be a big help too.

Flag Post

6 devestators, 1 tiamat, 3 medics, mission 25, pretty easy

Flag Post

Yeah just use any sort of rush, play medics last and you will get it in a couple tries.

For extra fun add just a few assault creatures and lots of Orbital cannons and things like that. Mission 24-25-26 are sooo easy you will have more trouble finishing the fight before you can deploy medics than anything else.

Flag Post

“6 devestators, 1 tiamat, 3 medics, mission 25, pretty easy”

I found that on mission 25, the harbor command with counter 1 was pretty deadly against this deck. Second time through I used: 5 devestators, 3 medics, 1 demolish, 1 massive assault, mission 25.

Flag Post

Well had some trouble, finally did it on mission 29 (picked it only because of the low energy required, worked well). Put together a rush deck fairly randomly, avoided imperial cards other than the 2 medics (I did not notice they heal everyone :/). Did it on the first try with this deck:

“2 artemis tanks, 1 blood grunt, 2 infected grunts, 2 choppers, 1 cyclone, 2 medics” I dont remember which I did not play, but I put the medics in as soon as I felt sure they would not get attacked, even left me a turn as safety :).

Flag Post
Originally posted by crkhek56:

I’m trying to get the Deny Support Achievement, but I’m running into some trouble. First off what mission should I play this on? I tried 24 but got demolished, is there a mission that would be a lot easier to handle?

Here’s the deck that I used (I just threw it together with some of my extra cards)
1 Raider Wall
1 Death From Above
1 Pandemic
2 Orbital Cannons
3 Harbor Commands
2 Medics

Any suggestions on a better deck? Also, inb4EMP… I don’t have one =[.

erm yes i know this might be coming a bit late but i think ur losing cause ur only assualt cards are medics with 0 attack. iono if ur using thadius, but just saying…

Flag Post

Most of the ‘mission 24 or above’ achievements are easiest on mission 42. That commander is pretty pathetic, has no nasty special abilities, and the mission is only 12 energy. I did both One-hit kill and this mission there.

It’s pretty easy. Two basic strats: 1) play the medics last or 2) play cards with so little healthy they won’t be healed. All enemies in mission 42 have at least 2 attack, so any card with 2 health or less will never get healed. You can do the achievement with 8 sawblades and 2 medics. Err, not sawblades, they have 3 health. Well get some fast n/2 units where n is big :)

Flag Post

I was expecting much more difficulty in acquiring this achievement:

Mission 25
Thadius
4x Devestators
3x Medics
3x Infected Grunts

Maybe it was the luck of the draw but here’s how it played out:
Played two devestators, then the two medics.
The Devstator’s strike and armour skills ensured that the raider cards were destroyed in the round that they were played and that they didn’t take any damage. Thadius’ rally allowed the devestators to take down the commander in no time.

Again, maybe it was the luck of the draw, but much easier of a challenge than I thought.

Flag Post

Mission 25
Thadius
4x Devestators
3x Medics

ignore the grunts…i played 3 devastators and then 2 medics and had no problems…

enemy only ever had 1 card out at a time

Flag Post

Mission 42
Atlas
3x Orbital Cannon
1x Command Center
1x Earthquake Generator
1x Xeno Forcefield
1x Death From Above
1x Assault card(I used Tremor Hunter, but it doesn’t really matter)
2x Medic(Obviously)

It’s pretty easy on this mission, he can only destroy your structures if he gets the Pelican early. Just play strike first, then walls, finally the medics and the assault card.

Flag Post
Originally posted by borschwanger:

Mission 25
Thadius
4x Devestators
3x Medics

ignore the grunts…i played 3 devastators and then 2 medics and had no problems…

enemy only ever had 1 card out at a time

This is winrar.

Flag Post

Mission 25 has Command Center
If that gets played, all the Devastators will be wiped out by the counter 1 ability

Flag Post

any raider strike deck with the medics last should work i used tigers deck with a few subbed in strike units it worked perfectly

Flag Post

Fans of the thread necromancer will be happy to hear that D3 will feature a very similar class… the thread witch docta!

Flag Post

one word: supply

Flag Post

mission 42

if you play
1 x atlas

1 x artemis tank
3 x bazooka marine
1 x cyclone
2 x heavy infantry
3 x medic

you can get deny support and common theme achievement in one go :)

(or just use common cards with 2/2/1)

Flag Post

Level 41: Devastator, Blood Grunt, Blood Grunt, Medic, Medic

Blood Grunts can be replaced with Artemis Tanks.

This is just a small adaptation from speedy Wastelands which goes Devastator, Blood Grunt, Blood Grunt, Blood Grunt.