Creature Combo 3: advice?

26 posts

Flag Post

SO… I have two missions left and 170 cards. I’ve tried a few different card combinations, but I’m having a hard time on this level (Cc3). For those of you who have beaten it, do you have any advice? I’ve tried a heavy strike/low spawn time, Xeno Regen/Heal, and heavy armor raider (I know, I know…) decks, but it’s a pile of crap. Thanks for your assistance.

Flag Post

Hm, here’s the deck that I’m using to beat this mission:
Deck: Bloodthirsty + Imperial
Commander: Dementia (BT)
Units: Aegis (Imperial)
2x Hatchet (BT)
Malgoth (BT)
Draconian Queen (BT)
Vampire (BT)
Mawcor (BT)
Feral Scorpion (BT)
Blight Crusher (BT)
Buildings: Asylum (BT)

I feel that the Hatchets and Vampire can be replaced for something of your choice since the commander heals their poor base damage. I keep the Hatchets because they fly and the Vampire for really no reason. With this deck, often you’ll go up against a wall of enemy cards with your own wall of cards, but I’ve been able to keep my healers alive so they couldn’t knock off my wall.

Flag Post

Interesting, I tried it twice and failed, but I’ll give it another go. I attempted a mixed/multi deck too consisting of:
Dementia (commander),
Aegis (Imp),
Hatchet (BT),
Draconian Queen (BT),
Tiamat (Imp),
Havoc (Rr),
Jet Trooper (Imp),
Feral Scorpion (BT),
EMP,
Rifter (Xeno),
& Arc Trooper (Imp).

Flag Post

Yeah, that multi worked REALLY well.

Flag Post

What did you guys use for Creature Combo 4?

The evade and the commander are killing me(same commander from creature combo 3, I think).

Flag Post

A simple muscle Xeno seemed to work really well for me for the whole Creature Combo, #4 even better than the earlier ones.
Daemon, Rifter, Xeno Mothership, Apex, Xeno Interceptor, Dominated Hatchlings, Enclave Champion. I also had a Tiamat and a Chaos Wave for fast damage output. An Enclave Pylon completed the set but I never happened to use it and recently I replaced it with a second Daemon. You could choose an Airstrike and/or an EMP instead of the Chaos Wave and the Pylon. As Commander I had Xaedan.

Flag Post

I don’t have Apex or that Commander so I substituted with Phoenix and Vyander, which finished off Creature Combo 3. Good build. I’m surprised at how well it worked, the “heal all” kept my head above water.

Flag Post

Thats the one I use for every mission and attacks in faction wars now:

I havent lost any attack for some days now with it.

Flag Post

I’m at creature combo 4 but I have a low winning rate, I have changed my standard xeno deck but I can’t find a good way to beat it. Here my deck:

• Vyander ©
  • Daemon
  • Stealthy Niaq
  • Dominated Hatchlings
  • Rifter
  • Predator
  • Enclave Pylon®
  • Xeno Singularis®
  • Air Strike @
  • Chaos Wave @

Flag Post

My current xeno deck which i used for this worked pretty well (~75%) when I added a merciless invader, but did much worse without one.

Vyander

Apex
Merciless Invader
Stealthy Niaq
Enclave Champion
Dominated Hatchlings x2
Rifter
Predator
Xeno Mothership
EMP

@ SpamMe, xeno buildings tend to suck, and generally aren’t worth it over another creature. Also I want your Daemon :(

Flag Post

I found that CC3 was the only mission that my standard strike deck couldn’t completely crush. I fixed this by swapping Cannon Walker for Daemon and Posiedon for another Dominated hatchling and swapping my second EMP for an airstrike. My deck then was:
-Atlas
-tiamat (of course)
-predator (of course)
-EMP (of course)
-Aistrike
-Havoc
-Dominated Hatchlings
-Dominated Hatchlings
-Rifter
-Daemon
-Omega

100% win rate, and CC4 is currently a piece of cake.

Flag Post

For cc3 and cc4 i used (10/10 wins) duncan, 4 impulse walkers, 6 rally flag. I’ve done Cc3 anihilation with one impulse walker and 4 rally flag (and a lot of luck ^^).

a really cheap deck …

Flag Post

cc3 and cc4 can be done pretty easily with a strike deck, if you’re still having trouble add a Valkyrie, essentially a 2 turn wait for a 3 strike 5 hp.

Flag Post

Would it be wise to have a comsat terminal for this particular mission or do you think the wait time isnt worth it?

EDIT: Nvm…that sucked. I’m using a xeno muscle deck much like alpha’s.
-2 Hatchlings
-Daemon
-Apex
-Rifter
-Tiamat
-Champion
-Mutha****er ship
-EMP
-Airstrike

I might decide to tweek it a bit and replace a hatchling with Valkyrie.

EDIT 2: Scratch that, Valkyrie sucks against BTs, I forgot.

FINAL EDIT: Finally cracked it. ATLAS, 2 EMPs, 5 Orbital Cannons, 1 Missile Silo, and 2 Abominations (or as I like to call them, The Mutant Gorillas from Congo, if they could use guns).

I just get a gorilla out on the field and then spam the strikes. If one gorilla looks like he’s going to get overwhelmed, I bring in a second so they can go ape **** on the enemies.

Flag Post

This deck is working well for me. I generally put lower-delay stuff out there first and use the EMP sooner rather than later (in these missions, gaining some headway over the opponent early in terms of cards-in-play seems vital). Then the Dominated Hatchlings keep my guys alive while the rest of my cards + the Missile Silo plow away at everything that comes up.

Unlike most missions, I have to actually take Auto off for this one (CC3).

Flag Post

I think EMP / Airstrike and Missile Silo are essential for CC3 and CC4. They give you the necessary breathing space to set up your strike chain (I concur with MrRubix here). I run the following deck which works really well for me (I am at 8/10 in CC4 and haven’t lost yet):

Draconian Queen, Mawcor, Poseidon, Dominated Hatchlings, Cannon Walker, Rifter, Predator, Chronos, Airstrike, Missile Silo.

Flag Post

Mainly speaking for CC4 now:

I might actually turn around and argue that Airstrike > EMP, here. EMP is great if the situation calls for it, but usually it’s near-useless if you’ve got a bunch of powerhouses trying to edge their way out. The EMP will cause damage but then health regen just eats it back up and it doesn’t seem to help much.

Missile Silos are great because when they go off, they pretty much kill on-spot. Having an Airstrike is a way to basically do the same thing, just instantly. I think it’s arguably more useful to have fewer enemies out on the line than it is to have more enemies with lesser health. Any missteps will result in that health simply coming back — but you can’t come back from death. XD

The trick for CC3/CC4 seems to be “Get more cards out over your opponent as soon as possible.” Anything that will help you instantly remove enemy cards will be a huge asset, here. Having TWO EMPs would be even better, arguably, but that would rely more on luck in terms of having them readily available on-draw.

EDIT: Yep, this worked beautifully. Didn’t even lose any units that time. Airstrike definitely owns EMP, here.

Flag Post

I agree..>EMp works wonders if say the opponent has a bunch of creatures with 2hp or less that you can wipe out in one go but other than that, airstrike has better priority in my deck.

Flag Post

Maybe I’m just a goofball… but I do a lot of missions off of Auto with Grunts + Massive Rallying. This one included.

Flag Post

Your met

Originally posted by kartis:

Maybe I’m just a goofball… but I do a lot of missions off of Auto with Grunts + Massive Rallying. This one included.

Your method is good but you surely are a goofball for bumping this thread that has been more then a week since its last post…

Flag Post

5 X asylum
5 X Hatchet (replace with vampire any hatchet that you don’t have) (or mix vampire and grunt if the level is combo 3 since there are not flying units, while in combo 4 there are some)
hero: better Atlas, if you don’t have it use Ajax

start with hatchet (or vampire) then put on as many asylum as you can so that your unit kills an enemy every time. you get screwed only if the opponent puts a fast creature from the beginning.

Flag Post

Atlas
Omega
2X Sabre
Tiamat
Rifter
Poseidon
Mawcor
Havoc
Exodrone
Predator

Flag Post

Check out my basic non-cream, non-auto deck for all Creature Combo lvls.

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/160461-deck-tips-on-creature-combo-the-devastators-is-recruiting

Flag Post

@Spamme1:

After having around 50% success with raider strike/flurry/grunt, bloodthirsty rush, and empire heal/slow roller, I ended up modifying my Xeno deck and have actually had great success with it.

Vyander plus: xeno singularis, mind controller, xeno interceptor, stealthy niaq, enclave champion, apex, rifter, abolisher*, and 2 x EMP

*Abolisher simply because it has 3hp and 3 regen. makes a great wall card.

deck is quite flexible in the way it can be played and still be successful in this mission. I’ve tried it by playing any of the following cards 1st: mind controller, abolisher, interceptor all without a loss. other starts still give wins, but you have to pay more attention, and likely use your EMP’s earlier than you might otherwise think to do. Whatever you have to do to get your first or second card to survive the first 3 rounds of combat will give you the win. Really easy if he plays a defensive card first, and you play mind controller.

Edit: seems to work just as well for mission 4, though it needed a tiny bit more offense, so I dropped the abolisher for a predator, and changed interceptor for daemon (better against drac queen).

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrRubix:

This deck is working well for me. I generally put lower-delay stuff out there first and use the EMP sooner rather than later (in these missions, gaining some headway over the opponent early in terms of cards-in-play seems vital). Then the Dominated Hatchlings keep my guys alive while the rest of my cards + the Missile Silo plow away at everything that comes up.

Unlike most missions, I have to actually take Auto off for this one (CC3).

I used more or less this deck for all the side missions. Didn’t have any trouble