Mission 66 made easy

70 posts

Flag Post

Command Center & Scorpion spam, Sidoze commander. As long as you don’t have bad luck and get the Command Center late in the round, you’ll come out on top.

I only have 8 Scorpions (as opposed to 9), so for my remaining spot I just stuck a Grunt there (delay 0), but really you can stick any low-delay card there.

You’ll outpace the Bloodthirsty opposition and jam them constantly, giving you lots of opportunity to shred everything as you keep layering on the Scorpions for high damage output.

Another cool approach for winning in 9 moves:
Malort Commander: Mawcor, 2x Asylums, 2x Airstrikes (play in this order)

Flag Post

Airstrikes aren’t really needed… You should be able to win without them in 9 turns (as long as your Mawcor doesn’t get killed of course, a solution so this is having Dalia as a commander, who has Weaken 2)

Flag Post

I don’t have Dalia unfortunately. XD

Flag Post

Yup, Dalia+mawcor+2x asylums are the way to go. Your method seems to be very luck-reliant.

Flag Post

Only because I was not aware Dalia even existed. XD Not sure how you get Dalia.

If you have Dalia, use that instead of the airstrikes.

Flag Post

You mean instead of Malort, the Airstrikes need to be removed. So it would be like this:

Dalia Commander: Mawcor, 2x Asylums

You get Dalia from; Store > Rewards > Reputation > Blood Shield (As long as you have a Blood Shield reputation higher than 800, you can buy the card for 1200 gold)

Flag Post

Alright, how do you beat this level without Mawcore, Dalia, Airstrikes, Tiamat, and with only one Dominated Hatchling? This level just keeps owning me. I cannot find a deck that works more than about 1/5 of the time. I don’t even care if I beat it in less than 9 turns. I just want to beat it.

Flag Post

you just have to keep switching up your deck until somehting works, if you still cant beat it then you probably need to farm previous missions for gold so you can buy some more card packs.

Flag Post

raider rush works quite well. if u have rally flags at least.

i used 2 rally flags a command center and then whatever raider i had lying around. used duncan cause i was bored. grunts are great for this strat play a rally flag then a grunt he will deal 4 dmg first turn and then prolly 2 the next which should be enough to kill whatever is in front of it assuming it isnt flying. stuff with 0 delay is rly useful for this

Flag Post

Thanks all who recommended Mawcor, just the card you get for this mission, that helps a ton. Also most folks will go for missions before grinding rep, so they don’t have Dalia, although going for Dalia first at least is an option.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Gotan:

Thanks all who recommended Mawcor, just the card you get for this mission, that helps a ton. Also most folks will go for missions before grinding rep, so they don’t have Dalia, although going for Dalia first at least is an option.

The thread is called “Mission 66 made easy”, as you obviously know, there’s a point in the game where you have to grind reputation, even if you already did that mission, you could still want to make it easier, and you would already have the Mawcor, so it’s not a bad advise, now, if the thread was called “I need to do mission 66, it’s raping me because I still have my sawblades deck” then your post would be valid.

Flag Post

I beat this mission using Duncan, Fury Walker, Rally Flag x 2

100% wins. Cheap, and most importantly, easy.

Flag Post
Originally posted by elros87:

Yeah, right, because Fury Walker is that extremely good for flying assault cards..

Flag Post
Originally posted by elros87:

100% wins in like 1 fight. then 100% lose in the next

Flag Post

Hahaha ! nice Furbaa

Flag Post

Mawcor + 2 asylums worked for me only once (for like 6++ tries and it actually took 11 turns, so no achievement either…), so it’s not that reliable as you might think… and I believe simply not everyone was lucky enough to accumulate 25+ WBs from crates (moreover now you can get only 1 WB from crates I believe) and then get Mawcor from that very first/only pack (yay! :p). So here’s the post that made me to make that simple deck:

Originally posted by just4yoshi:

@2009: A rush of Artemis Tanks with Duncan leading and a command center works wonders. Play the tanks until you have a numbers advantage, then the command center. I won 10 for 10.

Other 3 attack/1 delay units work too, but I prefer Artemis for the support they get from Duncan/CC.

(Works great for both 65 & 66)

…but I had 0 Artemis Tanks, so here’s what I did:

Thadius is quite common I believe. Irradiated Infantry comes for 250 from “The Purge” Reputation Reward, so it’s easy to obtain. You get Harbor Command after lvl 24, so it shouldn’t be a big deal as well.

Poison makes up for 2 attack instead of 3.
Thadius makes sure the 1st unit (because later rally gets a bit random, that’s why I added 2 rally structures) will attack despite having weaken2 (creature won’t attack with 0 attack, so no poison too).
What I do is just spam assault cards until I see I’m +1 or +2 creatures before PC/“AI”, then I play at least one (second one at the next round might be risky, depends on a situation!) structure to add rally effect and… In fact most of the times I won just like that.

Right now I’ve won 4/5 fights with this deck now, so I believe it can be quite reliable (just write in this thread if you found it other way). Screens from 2 last -consecutive! – games:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/4206/itreallycanwork.jpg
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8948/itcanreallywork2.jpg

66 gave me a lot of trouble, so I hope I wasn’t just extremely lucky with this deck right now -let me know if it works. ;)

Flag Post

In fact I’m not really sure if Harbor Command (yup, even one) is really needed. There’s a possibility it will work even better with just 10 irradiatet, but I won’t buy 2 more, so you can check it by yourself :p

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sob_:

Mawcor + 2 asylums worked for me only once (for like 6++ tries and it actually took 11 turns, so no achievement either…), so it’s not that reliable as you might think… and I believe simply not everyone was lucky enough to accumulate 25+ WBs from crates (moreover now you can get only 1 WB from crates I believe) and then get Mawcor from that very first/only pack (yay! :p).

I always did wonder why WB cards were cited so frequently. Sure Nexus cards are nice. But getting them is highly unreliable.

Alternatively to your method of 1 Nexus pack/w.e… you can wait for Mawcor to appear in the vault. This issue of getting into the vault will still take quite awhile for those not looking to pay to play.

Edit: In addition to winning Posiedon for completing Mission 66, you also win a Mawcor; a bit surprising the Wiki doesn’t state this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sob_:

In fact I’m not really sure if Harbor Command (yup, even one) is really needed. There’s a possibility it will work even better with just 10 irradiatet, but I won’t buy 2 more, so you can check it by yourself :p

Chances are if they arent needed, you can simply leave them out. Leave em out, play a few times, see how it goes. If you cant win consistently with 8 II, you prolly wont win consistently with 10.

Flag Post

tried your irradiated infantry tactic… turn 1 infantry, their turn 1 hatchet, turn 2 hatchet dodges shot, i drop second infantry, they drop second hatchet and kill my infantry
long, poorly written story, but yep it failed me

Flag Post
Originally posted by Billiebm:

tried your irradiated infantry tactic… turn 1 infantry, their turn 1 hatchet, turn 2 hatchet dodges shot, i drop second infantry, they drop second hatchet and kill my infantry

Most tactics for mission 66 WILL fail sooner or later. Go read other threads, many call it a “total crapshoot”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Billiebm:

Yup, failed for me few times too, but anyway I started mission 66 today and I ended it the same day with that deck. Considering I tried all the others (if I had cards) and I was just losing (not counting 1 win with mawcor+2 asylums lol ;p) -with irradiated infantry there’s easly more then 60% success rate, so just use it if you got tired of trying everything else :)

Flag Post

Try this it works VERY well for mission 66 ans the side mission in the same area,

Duncan as commander
3 orca
1 cannon walker (Basically used it for the one turn and 5 hp)
2 neocyte guard (Counter 3 is used basically as a wall that will kill them, and high wait actually helps in this deck)
2 rally flag
2 fury walker

The BEST thing to hope for is to place fury walker very first turn and a rally flag right after.. if not then try to stick down orcas until you can do a fury then rally. If they use hatchet or something else you need to wipe out put in a neocyte.

Flag Post

8 irradiated infantry is not very realiable, but still a decent strategy (since I have lost much more than that using other decks). For me it works 3/5 I think. If the long wait cards come out first you have a good chance to win. If Hatchet comes out first, then… nevermind.

Flag Post
Originally posted by chaosguard:

Edit: In addition to winning Posiedon for completing Mission 66, you also win a Mawcor; a bit surprising the Wiki doesn’t state this.

I think you’ve got the order mixed up- you get Mawcor from completing Mission 66 (and it IS mentioned in the Wiki, check it out: http://warmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Mawcor) but Poseidon is a reward for an ACHIEVEMENT (Nexus Conqueror: Complete all Missions associated with the Nexus set. (Through Mission 66) Rewards: Poseidon) Just to clear things up