Rate my Imperial Deck

12 posts

Flag Post

Kinda stumbled upon it, it has gotten me through about 10 of the side-missions now and I honestly can’t remember the last time I lost. Critique? Suggestions welcome, if it’s useless for arena/faction, tell me, I havent bothered much with either yet.

Commander: Freddie
1x Aegis
1x Poseidon
1x Stormrunner
1x Dominator
1x Nimbus
1x Arc Trooper
1x Harbor Command
3x Sabre

Seems to shred the side mission decks with their OP commanders and even did OK in a few arena matches. I love the 3x sabre, once they’re out there ain’t nothing stopping them…

Weaknesses I’ve found so far:
- Aegis kinda sucks, no offensive ability means he’s like a worse Poseidon and I dont have enough tanky units that the extra heal all is that useful
- Stormrunner kinda defeats its own purpose imo as it just dies if I put it out early and it needs to be behind everything to be used.
- Nimbus is kinda meh. Weaken is useful, though.
- Fast decks might just kill me, I havent found any yet though.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bl4cK_Sh33p:

Weaknesses I’ve found so far:
- Aegis kinda sucks, no offensive ability means he’s like a worse Poseidon and I dont have enough tanky units that the extra heal all is that useful
- Stormrunner kinda defeats its own purpose imo as it just dies if I put it out early and it needs to be behind everything to be used.
- Nimbus is kinda meh. Weaken is useful, though.
- Fast decks might just kill me, I havent found any yet though.

Please, rate my deck. I know quite well that it suck intensely. Even know how exactly. Yet, rate it please.

1/10 for the deck, 9/10 for explanation why it is less useful then a dead possum.

Edit in: actually, -1 point in explanation (and incidentally +1 point for the deck) because you hadn’t noticed yet another problem which actually is the first one: total lack of frontline troops. Basically, the only card you are happy dropping first is single Arc Trooper. Everything else in opening slot is very much liable to be overrun.

Flag Post

Need moar arc trooper.
3/10

Flag Post

Some things you have in here are good, but take out the stormrunner and the harbor command. Nimbus is great synergy with the weaken all + Freddie’s healing power, your men can stay alive forever. Aegis is too much healing and too weak he essentially is a worse Poseidon for this deck, try jet trooper instead.

I actually tried making an Imperial Freddie build too. Use his commander power to the best effect by playing very slow cards with high hp, Titan and even Immortal is pretty good with Freddie. Also, Fortifier and Exodrone are very good with Freddie because Fortifier will basically never die unless they use strike, and Exodrone will keep countering them and healing back. Also, as many people said, add more arc troopers!

Flag Post

Aegis: The awesomeness in a Strike All/Heal Imperial deck.
Poseidon: Kinda good but I surely prefer Aegis.
Stormrunner: I used to use it but too slow and low defence.
Dominator: Hmmm. If you’re against armored or flying unit take it. Otherwise use Arc Trooper which is good against all king of unit. I personnaly prefer Arc Trooper: faster and higher defence.
Nimbus: Haven’t it yet but seems to be a good card.
Harbor command: I don’t use any strucure in my Imperial deck. There are no good ones.
Sabre: Awesome unit but it have to be placed carefully in the battle otherwise it will be killed quickly.

So for your deck: 5/10

Flag Post

Wow, damn, my whole plan of stating the obvious ones first so I didn’t get insulted for it kinda failed. I know there are better decks out there, I just don’t have the cards.

That said, if I had another arc trooper and a tiamat or two I’d take out aegis and stormrunner and possibly dominator. As it stands, I usually play either nimbus, Poseidon or arc trooper first and soak up damage while I set out sabres and harbor command, and it has worked extremely well for the missions. I don’t have any fast front line troops because I don’t have anything to make their generally low damage effective in Imperial.

Like I said though, it works well versus the side mission AI. Thanks for the criticism, constructive or otherwise…

Flag Post

Why aren’t you running a rainbow?

Flag Post

I don’t have a commander for it. I have a half-decent Xeno deck but with only Terrogor for comm, and a decent Bloodthirsty deck with Malort. This is me trying my options.

Flag Post

You wasn’t insulted (yet), the deck you presented was. Learn the difference.

More so, you yourself was complimented actually, for a quality self-criticism. Trust me, I rarely rate deck analysis at 9/10. The thing is, you did “stating the obvious” part so well, you did made a whole thread pointless. Most of everything that can be said about improving your deck (tiamat, more arcs) was pretty obvious to run in “this”-“aint got the card”-“that”-“aint got that either” circles.

I can tell you the foremost weakest links here are indeed aegis, stormrunner and not dominator but nimbus. At least dominator is one of few cards you can concievably open with. But then again, the quality of your analysis makes me think that you are entirely capable of upgrading the deck more or less correctly once you obtain necessary cards. Doesn’t change the fact it sucks as it, tho.

P.S. oh, and try to buy that Titan. Will fit in just nice.

Flag Post

Fair enough. I’m a long way from titan at 1500 arena points, though. Still trying for more arc/tiamat, among other gold pack cards. Not a lot of luck though.

Flag Post

Arc Troopers are Enclave… So start off by ripping a Tiamat out of Gold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bl4cK_Sh33p:

Fair enough. I’m a long way from titan at 1500 arena points, though. Still trying for more arc/tiamat, among other gold pack cards. Not a lot of luck though.

It’s very easy to grind arena. It’s entirely possible to go from 0 to 5000 in a four hour period.
1) Make a decent deck. Faster decks are good, but get one together that wins reliably.
2) Click on Auto. I know, I know, but some people still don’t know about it.
3) Challenge people 500+ higher than you in the arena. If you win you get +10 and if you lose you don’t lose anything.
4) Repeat step 3 about 525 more times. I’d suggest watching tv during this grindfest.

There you’re platinum ranked. Enjoy Titan, I agree he’d be a big improvement for your deck.