Faction war points

94 posts

Flag Post

Hey,

if I win a fight in a faction war on what it depends how much points I get?

I play a fast tiatlapred deck at top20 faction wars
normally win at turn 12 -13
most of the time my opponent didn’t kill one card of me
I get +17-19 points

If I weaken my deck or play a bad slow roll deck
my opponent destroys some of my assault cards but I win around turn 35 getting +22-25 points

pls don’t get me wrong this thread should not show how awesome I’m or whatever ;)

I just think if you dominate your opponents that easy you should get more points
(maybe this get in conflict if the opponent has a zero card deck)

I have the apprehension that you get more points if you play a bad deck and win late
pls correct me if I’m wrong

edit: war against IP for example

with tiatlapred ( no game lasted longer as round 15)
+16 / +19/ +18/ +18

with slow xeno deck (no game was fast as round 26)
+24/ +25/ +25

Flag Post

idk, i fight 0 card decks in wars and ive gotten 22 points for a few, it seems to me that the points are just random lol

Flag Post

I’ve wondered how the Faction war Points reward is actually calculated.

IF you win against someone under you it seems to be 4 or under points.
IF you win against someone over you it seems to be 5 or more points.(or close to your Faction points).
IF you lose to someone over you it seems to be 2 points or less
IF you lose to someone under you it seems to be 3 points or more.

IF some one knows the exact set up for Faction points rewards please tell me in this thread thanks.
Also,I don’t know if its different based on ACTIVE or DEFENSE based wars.
Also, maximums,and minimums would be nice. Max win points I have seen is 8 points. Max loss points i have seen is 1 point.

Also,Slightly Off-Topic
What do you gear colours mean?
Red→ Your faction is losing?
Yellow→ Your Faction is in a close match?
GREEN→ Your Faction is winning?

or does it signify activity levels of the opponents attacking.

Flag Post

i was more wondering how points for for individual battles are calculated. The difference between 17 and 25 points per battle becomes very significant over the course of a 6hr war

Flag Post

I too suffer from low points from individual wins :(. That would also be interesting to know how it is calculated.

Also how do opponents get points even when you beat them? Is it cause they hit your commander?(with fear or flurry?)

Flag Post

you got it right with the colors i think

we fought a faction and they lost 5 points

mostly they get points if they damage your commander but sometimes the defensive player don’t get points if he hits your commander :/

I only get over 20 points with my tiatlapred against wall decks when the fight takes a long time

Flag Post

While I haven’t done this often enough to consider it properly tested, I have noticed that I always seem to get 20 points for winning on auto, regardless of how well or poorly the AI played.

I have also noticed that winning with a rallied unit seems to boost point gain (rallied mawcor/fortifier seem to work best, possibly due to flurry), and winning after several rallied units attack (such as a whole line buffed by malgoth, etc) gives more than if only one rallied unit attacked.

Completely destroying an opponents deck seems to give at least 23 points, unless they didn’t have a full deck, in which case you’re lucky to get 20.

Damaging your opponent appears to give you points on a loss.

These are just things I’ve noticed, but like I said, I haven’t done them often enough to say I’ve actually tested them.

Flag Post

The most points in individual battles is 25? and the least points is 16? Does it go any higher or lower? Has anyone seen higher or lower numbers?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bot7:

The most points in individual battles is 25? and the least points is 16? Does it go any higher or lower? Has anyone seen higher or lower numbers?

yes 2, 3 points and 10

Flag Post

Oh, from hitting the commander?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bot7:

Oh, from hitting the commander?

2 and 3 yes
10 from winning as defending player

Flag Post

I agree with your first post PureVernunft? If someone win quickly he should get more points than if he didn’t. This can be a good change in a next update.

Flag Post

the points are based on how many cards u beat on the opposing side on defense thats y slow xeno got 24-25 cause tai was winning to fast and not killing much cards :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by justin13108:

the points are based on how many cards u beat on the opposing side on defense thats y slow xeno got 24-25 cause tai was winning to fast and not killing much cards :)

lol. so you get more points if you win slowly than if you win fast. kinda absurd.

Flag Post

meh its how u get the bonus points

Flag Post

- Wrong thats not how it works.

Flag Post

Shhhhhhhh, don’t tell them our secretssssssss

Flag Post

getting more points if I have assault cards with higher wait?

Flag Post

From experience, to get maximum points you can either win very quickly (~9-11 turns) or win slowly and completely annihilate the enemy deck. Why the devs made it that way, however, is beyond belief…

Flag Post

Let me put the stuff you and I observed into a few rules I came up with;)
doesnt matter how fast you are. I dont know for sure whether there are other influences about the cards, but :
What matters most is the hp you take on your last turn, when you win.
1.You get 15 points for your victory as attacker, and add the HP damage you did at your last turn, that are your points.
2.If the enemy commander has less then 10 points and you instant kill him, you will get 25 points anyway.
3.Drawing hp with your def deck when you loose still might credit you the amount of HP taken in points.

Well of course there might be way more factors that have to be considered, but its a basis.

That means, using a fast strike/siege deck with mostly low cooldown low attack units will usually result in lower points on the long run if you dont plan throuh and just play, since the hp is taken gradually with low attacks.
On the other hand, with a rally deck and especially mawcor you will take huge amounts of hp in one shot and unless you get unlucky and your opponnent survives with 1 hp or something, you will end up with high points.

However the first deck has a far higher chance of winning against a random deck in my opninion, so youre probably better of using it anyway.
So maximizing your lasthit potential will lead to a maximum of 1.2 times more points then the average, probably allowing you to jump over the 1000 pt per war far easier.

Flag Post

great post!
thx Whisp3rWind
helps me a lot

of course for the reasons you mentioned I will stick with tia
but maybe I can squish out a little more points with the new information :)

Flag Post

hopefully not out of me :D
I used it in the great ape wars from a few days ago, too;)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Whisp3rWind:

Let me put the stuff you and I observed into a few rules I came up with;)
doesnt matter how fast you are. I dont know for sure whether there are other influences about the cards, but :
What matters most is the hp you take on your last turn, when you win.
1.You get 15 points for your victory as attacker, and add the HP damage you did at your last turn, that are your points.
2.If the enemy commander has less then 10 points and you instant kill him, you will get 25 points anyway.
3.Drawing hp with your def deck when you loose still might credit you the amount of HP taken in points.

Well of course there might be way more factors that have to be considered, but its a basis.

That means, using a fast strike/siege deck with mostly low cooldown low attack units will usually result in lower points on the long run if you dont plan throuh and just play, since the hp is taken gradually with low attacks.
On the other hand, with a rally deck and especially mawcor you will take huge amounts of hp in one shot and unless you get unlucky and your opponnent survives with 1 hp or something, you will end up with high points.

However the first deck has a far higher chance of winning against a random deck in my opninion, so youre probably better of using it anyway.
So maximizing your lasthit potential will lead to a maximum of 1.2 times more points then the average, probably allowing you to jump over the 1000 pt per war far easier.

i made some test and it’s not totally true…

Originally posted by swishscoop:

From experience, to get maximum points you can either win very quickly (~9-11 turns) or win slowly and completely annihilate the enemy deck. Why the devs made it that way, however, is beyond belief…

this looks like more truthful

Flag Post

It does seem like Whisp3rWind is on to something.

Flag Post

Nice post. Thanks for sharing whisp3r.

To clarify, all the damage from your last attack counts, regardless of the commanders health.
For example: two 3attacks on a commander with 4 health left with give you 15+6=21pts.

I could be wrong though:)