What's on the horizon?

36 posts

Flag Post

Right now I’m in the early game (Mission 29), and I’m running the deck below. What kinds of cards should I be looking for to upgrade this deck? …or is this deck going to be complete shit later on?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dudleydino:

Right now I’m in the early game (Mission 29), and I’m running the deck below. What kinds of cards should I be looking for to upgrade this deck? …or is this deck going to be complete shit later on?

<pic>

It will be complete shit once you hit the side missions. Especially Xeno invasion. The side missions open up after you beat mission 41. Then the Nexus missions start off easy again… but once you pass up mission 55, they start getting harder than ever before.

My suggestion to everyone at this point is to go multi-faction. If you want detailed info on multi decks… read this-

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/149063-a-full-guide-to-building-your-offensive-decks-updated?page=1

Flag Post

Nice thread. It looks like I’m running a modified version of the Aggro BT deck, so it should last me a little while longer :)

Flag Post

With a Draconian Queen and a Mawcor (to replace the Aquabat and Banshee) this deck should last you a while, although you will run into trouble with the Xeno eventually, as Blockinlick has pointed out. Having said that, once you get a few Plague Dusters, a BT rush deck like that can really kick a$$ even in some of the later side missions such as Homeland Defenders.

Later on, you might want to replace one of the Vampires with a Cannon Walker to compensate for Aquabat, and replace Bloody Mary with Malort.

Flag Post

Banshee sucks balls.

Given you’re running heavy leech (standard for BT), Malort is a much better choice than Bloody Mary.

I personally found my BT rush deck stopped being very effective past mission ~40ish, since commanders become super overpowered and it’s standard to see heal, weaken, rally on the commander.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DWarrior:

Banshee sucks balls.

Given you’re running heavy leech (standard for BT), Malort is a much better choice than Bloody Mary.

I personally found my BT rush deck stopped being very effective past mission ~40ish, since commanders become super overpowered and it’s standard to see heal, weaken, rally on the commander.

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Blockinlick:
Originally posted by DWarrior:

Banshee sucks balls.

+1

+1

Flag Post

I am at miss 62 on my other Kong profile and I have been able to do up to mission 56-57, very easily, with a simple bt rush:

Malort
3x Hatchet
2x Blood Grunt
Malgoth
Vampire
Asylum
Blood Pool
EMP

After that I’ve had to alternate between bt rush and Sidoze + Strike Xeno and Siege assault for those missions with Xeno Muscle Decks.

Now for the final push against bt decks on last missions I am using Freddie with fast imperials (arc trooper, tiamat and such) and Bt strike assault (Aegis + Exosoldier and 3 Scorpions for Jam fun. They destroy bt decks)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Panetex:

I am at miss 62 on my other Kong profile

Openly admits to alts-

Flag Post

Openly admits to alts-

Does it matter? There’s no way to trade between accounts and no auction house…

Flag Post

Thanks for the advice guys! Hopefully I’ll be able to try out your suggestions soon!

Now for a few more questions:

Is Dementia better than Malort? Rally 1 seems far less useful than Heal All BT 1… although I’m sure i won’t be getting dementia any time soon.

Mawcor looks AMAZING, but i don’t think i’ll be able to buy Nexus packs. Is there any other way to get him?

Also, are any other BT structures besides Asylum worth running? I think i’ve seen a Blood Pool before, and it was pretty good.

I also switched out the Banshee for a Moloch (Suggested by Dwarrior and +1 people). Banshee’s are just too slow to deploy, and most of my units were overhealing anyways.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrWiggles49:

Openly admits to alts-

Yes but Alts are known for tainting faction play… if he is running alts, whats to stop him from using them both in the same faction?

Thanks for the advice guys! Hopefully I’ll be able to try out your suggestions soon!

Now for a few more questions:

Is Dementia better than Malort? Rally 1 seems far less useful than Heal All BT 1… although I’m sure i won’t be getting dementia any time soon.

Mawcor looks AMAZING, but i don’t think i’ll be able to buy Nexus packs. Is there any other way to get him?

Also, are any other BT structures besides Asylum worth running? I think i’ve seen a Blood Pool before, and it was pretty good.

I also switched out the Banshee for a Moloch. Banshee’s are just too slow to deploy, and most of my units were overhealing anyways.

Healing itself isn’t as good as it seems. That Rally 1 adds up a lot with your Asylums.

Mawcor is the mission reward for mission 66. It also gives you the Nexus achievement reward Poseidon for beating mission 66 too.

Blood wall is okay but I’ve never considered running it on offense. I’ve heard Blood Pool can work but I’m not a fan of BT period, so I couldn’t vouch it.

Yeah, Moloch is a good filler for awhile, I ran 3 of them up until I won Cannon Walker, Arc Trooper, and Rifter to replace them.

Flag Post

Just won a Malort, so I’ll fill that in! Dementia is really HOT thought, in a really weird way… :)

Also, just got an EMP. Would that work as a replacement for any of my cards?

Flag Post

This is worthy of a double post:

My new deck just ejaculated all over someone that was 700 points above me in arena.

Thanks guys :D

Flag Post

My new deck just ejaculated all over someone that was 700 points above me in arena.

wtf?

Flag Post

lol… Yeah EMP is arguably the best card in the game in that no matter what build, an offensive deck is better with an EMP than without one. I’d say replace the Moloch with the EMP lol… or Aquabat but the siege helps a lot on asuabat.

Flag Post

Openly admits to alts-

Yes but Alts are known for tainting faction play… if he is running alts, whats to stop him from using them both in the same faction?

Even if I was, how does it matter? What is the difference between me playing both accounts and my bro playing one of them and me the other?

IF I was doing smth like planting one of my alts in some faction, without a defense deck or smth, and play on some other faction, I would understand, but, in the same faction?.

Flag Post

saw this thread and I knew that I had to put in my opinion. First don’t put in emp, although it is a great action card but it does take up a spot in your deck that could go towards other creatures. I have completed all of the missions and the arena, and I am doing well in the faction wars with this BT deck
(can’t get the picture to upload :(
Commander; Malort
Assault; 3x Vampire, 1x Hatchet, 1x Mawcor, 1x Brood Walker, 1x Malgoth, 1x Blight Crusher, and 1x Annelid Mass
Structures/Actions; 1x Blood Pool

Flag Post
Originally posted by Pinutux:

Openly admits to alts-

Even if I was, how does it matter? What is the difference between me playing both accounts and my bro playing one of them and me the other?

The difference being that your brother is a real person. A faction should win because it did a good job recruiting real players, not use alt accounts to fill up spots because their recruiting sucked.

I don’t care if you try to justify it or not, in my book, using alts in a faction war is cheating. It’s an exploit and is not how the faction system was intended to be played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jaceevoke:

saw this thread and I knew that I had to put in my opinion. First don’t put in emp, although it is a great action card but it does take up a spot in your deck that could go towards other creatures. I have completed all of the missions and the arena, and I am doing well in the faction wars with this BT deck
(can’t get the picture to upload :(
Commander; Malort
Assault; 3x Vampire, 1x Hatchet, 1x Mawcor, 1x Brood Walker, 1x Malgoth, 1x Blight Crusher, and 1x Annelid Mass
Structures/Actions; 1x Blood Pool

This?! rofl… to not play 1 EMP when you have it is just plain stupid. I’m not some amateur telling what I think works, I have played this game for months, even before it came out on Kongregate, I know what I am doing.

Flag Post
  • you Blockinlick. It is not stupid to play one while you have it because it usesz a space that you need in the deck for other cards. Also I do not think that this works, I know this works because this is the deck that I use to play the game. Also Emp is not the best card in the game, but it is one of the better action cards

Flag Post

If someone wants to go through the trouble of leveling up 2 accounts and getting all the cards, more power to them. I don’t have the time or patience for that sort of thing.

You’re making judgements about his faction without even knowing which one it is. How do you know they aren’t good at recruiting? How do you know that if the spot taken by his 2nd account went to somebody else, that that person wouldn’t be better or have better decks than him?

You’re kind of acting like the faction police here and this is equivalent to giving someone a ticket for jaywalking.

Flag Post

There’s no rule against multiple accounts; as far as I am aware… And until there is one; people can make as many alts as they wish.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jaceevoke:

First don’t put in emp,

This is terrible advice. EMP makes the missions so much easier, it almost makes me feel guilty using it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MrWiggles49:<
You’re making judgements about his faction without even knowing which one it is.

You’re kind of acting like the faction police here and this is equivalent to giving someone a ticket for jaywalking.

My alt account (this one) is not even in a faction, so he is just barking at flies anyway. Until devs say nobody can run more than one account (like that will ever happen, lol)…

And yes, EMP is good, maybe the best card in the game, but you dont have to use it cause you have it… EMP doesn not work as well on an efficient bt rush as airstrike does, for example. If you are playing your bt rush to the pòint where you consistently have enough enemy creatures to be carrying emp instead of airstrike, your deck is not efficient enough.