EXCHANGEABLE ABILITIES and MIMIC

24 posts

Flag Post
SET OF EXCHANGEABLE ABILITIES
---------------
1. Flurry/Poison: both can deal damage more than one time to more than one card. Poisoned card takes damage each round and still deals damage to our deck before it gets killed by the poison; while Flurried card take all those damage at once and can get killed instantly. While Flurry depends on luck, Poison is for risk-averse players. A lucky Flurry shot is as good as Crush/Siege since it kills an Assault card instantly and damage the opponent Commander/Structure too. (which happened almost 60% based on my experiences)
---------------

2. Jam/Immobile: Jam is totally better since card position does not matter and Jam prevents all abilities of a card rather than just hit.

3. Strike/Pierce: both ignore Armor. Strike is totally better since card position does not matter and Strike always takes effect.
---------------

4. Evade/Fly/Regeneration/Armor:
- Regeneration 3 is safest, next is Evade. Evade is more valuable with respect to a card's *Health Point* since high HP card lasts longer to evade more. For example, Bulldozer with Evade and 8HP can evade at least 2 times before it dies out, while X-5 Penetrator with Evade and 4HP can evade at least once before it dies out.

- Regen 1/2 is as good as Evade since an imaginary head/tail coin is thrown each time the card is attacked. In sum Evade with high HP >> Regen 3 >> Regen 2 >> Evade with low HP = Regen 1

- Flying has 3 pros (50% evade vs. non-fly, 100% accuracy vs. fly, 50% dodge Counter) and 1 con (takes more damage vs. antiair). Using more than 3 Flying cards in a deck is considered dangerous. I regard only Armor 2/3 safe; Armor 1 is fine if you use Dracorex as Commander.

---------------
5. Weaken/Leech (*for high HP Assault cards only*): both help an Assault card survive upon activation Interestingly, Weaken card usually wins against Leech card because Leech card can't heal as much as it ought to. E.g. Drac Queen only heals 1 if it's weakened by 2.

6. Wall/Siphon: both benefit decks with few Assault cards (less than 6 cards) when Commander is outnumbered and exposed.

7. Crush/Fear: Fear cards must be accompanied by Heal cards because they need to be healed against attacks of opponents' Assault cards while busy raping the Commander. On the other hand, Crush cards must have strong Attack (more than 2), or have Flurry, or are accompanied by Rally cards to deal the finishing blows, not losing the kills to one's own Strike cards.

(ANTI-)MIMIC PLAN: (need someone to confirm)
---------------
Mimic-able Abilities:
- Weaken
- Heal
- Strike
- Rally
- Jam
- Siege
---------------
Un-Mimic-able Abilities: (the rest)
- Leech
- Immobolize
- Poison
- Flying
- Counter
- Regenerate
- Armor
- Antiair
- Fear
- Siphon
- Flurry
- Pierce
- Crush
- Evade
- Wall

Flag Post

Any ability that is “Activation” can be mimic-ed. I think you got all of them there.

Flag Post

For some reason my mimics also mimic at least assault vards with Counter/Evade and Counter/Regen, but those abilities either don’t work at all when mimicing or they go away after your turn ends.

Flag Post

@ multifails: mimic will select a random enemy assault card even if that card has no skill to be mimiced or no mimicable skill. (mimicked?) wtf do i have to add a ‘k’?

Flag Post
Originally posted by derkjerk:

@ multifails: mimic will select a random enemy assault card even if that card has no skill to be mimiced or no mimicable skill. (mimicked?) wtf do i have to add a ‘k’?

That would mean that until today, I’ve been extremely lucky with mimics, as I’ve never seen that happen before – and no, you don’t.

Flag Post

i dont know if im just lucky or anything, but i think te flying skill is mimicable, since everytime my shapeshifter mimics a flying card, it hits it no misses ever, maybe im just lucky

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mastertek: E.g. Drac Queen only heals 1 if it’s weakened by 2.

What? I didn’t know that the leech ability is damage or attack dependent, are there other abilities with such behavior? I could think to siphon or crush.

Flag Post

pierce isn’t the same as strike.
pierce uses the cards attack to damage the card in front of it, ignoring the armor that card has for the amount of pierce the attacking card has. meaning, that if i buff my sabre to an attack of 7, the card in front of me will take 7 damage.
Strike, on the other hand, is used as random damage (except if it has strike all). I can’t buff it, and if i’m unlucky, i will hit each time an other card. Which means, that my sabre will hit the card in front of it with 1 damage by using strike. So you can’t really compare them.

Flag Post

to spamMe 1. I don’t know if siphon if damage-depandand, but crush isn’t it. There are cards with 1 attack and crush 3, like front line warrior.

Flag Post

While i sorta like the analysis I think most pairs dont make real sense, as some1 pointed out earlier, strike/pierce are nor comparable, position-dependance not being the only difference between them.

Same goes for leech/Weaken. There is no real reason to pair them up as they add completely different value to the deck, and if you do find the connection, there is no reason why heal and armor wouldnt fall into the same category.

As for Evade/Regen being equal, it’s not really true. Regen (if it procs) will effectively counter ANY damage (by “resurrecting”) while there is nothing Evade can do about simple combat damage.

Just some contributions to your thoughts there. My real question is: is there really a need for an Anti-mimic tactic?

Flag Post

I am highly sure your analysis of how “damage-dependant” skills work is wrong, a DQ will leech 4 health even if it has only 1 damage… All it means is that your unit has to deal damage with normal attack for the skill to work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by icrine:

I am highly sure your analysis of how “damage-dependant” skills work is wrong, a DQ will leech 4 health even if it has only 1 damage… All it means is that your unit has to deal damage with normal attack for the skill to work.

Actually I’ve seen my Havoc heal for 1 or 2 depending on how Weakened it was, so I guess I’ll go with Mastertek as far as Leech mechanichs are implied.

Flag Post

Leech isnt damage dependent, maybe Havoc only healed 1 or 2 because that was enough for full health

Flag Post

Thanks for the clarification, Ruin. I seemed to remember it hadn’t always been like that.
And sam, I’m not that much of an idiot, you know? 0.o That sounded like the usual “make sure your cable is correctly plugged in” they put in troubleshooting guides.

Flag Post
Originally posted by goliath01:

meaning, that if i buff my sabre to an attack of 7, the card in front of me will take 7 damage.
means, that my sabre will hit the card in front of it with 1 damage by using strike. So you can’t really compare them.

Unless the opposing card evades or flies. And a Strike All can do up to 60 damage overall (Strike All 3 with 20 opposing cards (not like that’ll ever happen but it’s the max)) with no rallies. I agree you can’t compare them, but the OP point is that one always hits, the other can miss depending on opposing skills.

Flag Post

@Panatex: That’s not true. Evade can, and has, evaded combat damage.

Flag Post
Originally posted by austin0123456789:

@Panatex: That’s not true. Evade can, and has, evaded combat damage.

He’s talking about damage from attacking, which obviously evade does nothing about.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SpamMe1:
Originally posted by Mastertek: E.g. Drac Queen only heals 1 if it’s weakened by 2.

What? I didn’t know that the leech ability is damage or attack dependent, are there other abilities with such behavior? I could think to siphon or crush.

I am completely sure about Leech of Drac Queen is damage-dependent, used to suppress Drac Queen quite a lot of time.

Originally posted by goliath01:

pierce isn’t the same as strike.
pierce uses the cards attack to damage the card in front of it, ignoring the armor that card has for the amount of pierce the attacking card has. meaning, that if i buff my sabre to an attack of 7, the card in front of me will take 7 damage.
Strike, on the other hand, is used as random damage (except if it has strike all). I can’t buff it, and if i’m unlucky, i will hit each time an other card. Which means, that my sabre will hit the card in front of it with 1 damage by using strike. So you can’t really compare them.

That’s why I said Strike is superior to Pierce, the way Jam is to Immobolize. Pierce causes damage only to an Armor card while Strike always does, don’t you care if it’s a random target or not.

Originally posted by Panetex:

Same goes for leech/Weaken. There is no real reason to pair them up as they add completely different value to the deck, and if you do find the connection, there is no reason why heal and armor wouldnt fall into the same category.

Just some contributions to your thoughts there. My real question is: is there really a need for an Anti-mimic tactic?

For a high HP card, Leech and Weaken are pretty comparable to me. When a card with such ability faces an opponent Assault card, it always takes less damage in the end.
About Mimic, I use to treasure Shapeshifter so much, but not any more. When I’m winning with more Assault cards, I need a card to just finish the game, not Mimic. When I’m losing with less cards on the field (opponent has more Assault cards), if I use Shapeshifter, the percentage of copying the really in-need ability is low, most likely Strike 1, which makes my Shapeshifter no better than a fact Strike card. So I use Mimic no more and never worry it be used against me.

Flag Post

I updated the part Evade/Regen/Fly/Armor a bit, hope it helps.
I just can’t understand why the past thread about ‘Evade and Regen’ reached 3 pages. Isn’t it too simple?
Just to clarify again, Evade is more effective in case of high HP card because it can evade more times!
A card with Regen 1 is as good as a card with Evade and 1 HP.
Regen 2 and Regen 3 offer a little bit HP as ‘buffering zone’ before its HP reaches 0 and the card HAVE TO regen.
Therefore Evade with high HP > Regen 3 > Regen 2 > Evade with low HP = Regen 1

Flag Post

shameless bump.

Flag Post

So this pairs up some random abilities.

Why should we care? How does this affect strategy making at all?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dudleydino:

So this pairs up some random abilities.

Why should we care? How does this affect strategy making at all?

I can’t say my analysis is perfect but only NUTS would say like you do.

Flag Post

I’m not attacking you.

I’m asking, how does this help one create a better deck? Why do knowing these pairings help?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mastertek:

For a high HP card, Leech and Weaken are pretty comparable to me. When a card with such ability faces an opponent Assault card, it always takes less damage in the end.

I’m sorry mate, but you are so intent on defending your position that you are not even considering the contributions made to your thread. Booooo =(

Now: on high hp cards (when did you start considering your pairings only for given situations? what about low hp cards?), if anything, having Leech is comparable to having Heal All, and to a lesser extent, to Weaken All. Leech being the weakest of all 3, but still way better than just Weaken.

1: Considering you hit, Leech guarantees that the assault card with it will heal, while you have no guarantee that Weaken will target the assault card in front of you., How is Weaken helping you survive?

2: Leech is dmg dependant, weaken is not, (if you are being flight evaded, beaten by armored or immobilized, there is no leech benefit). Weaken and Heal happen no matter what (Weaken risks 50% Evade and Jam prevents all 3?)

3: Any endgame-viable leech card is designed so that it always regains full health when hitting (assuming no weakens or armors involved): Hatchet, DQ, Havoc. Weaken, on the other hand, and even if it’s Weaken All, still needs the support of heals to keep your creature alive.

You have two problems with the whole concept of this thread:

1) you are considering the value of abilities based on the 1 on 1 benefit they offer, when you have no real control of who those abilities target in the first place. You should consider abilities looking at the value they add to the overall composition of your deck, this is a sinergy game, and I think you fail to grasp that.

2) You have some fixation with pairing things up. Just cause there is Flying vs AntiAir, and Armored vs Pierce you don’t need to pair everything up, dude.
Strike will NEVER be comparable to Pierce, seeing as how Pierce can be ignored via Weaken / Immobilize / Higher Armor (and you can be thankful for no armored flyiers) or wasted (no assault in front=zero value if Pierce was a late draw), while Strike is sure damage (save for 50% Evade), and not only adds value if used at the end of the line, it is likely that if you play a striker with no creature in front, you will only speed up on card advantage.

Or is it that they are comparable simply cause they go through armor? (slight snicker at Pierce1 or Strike1 vs Armored 3)

Originally posted by Mastertek:
Originally posted by Panetex:

[…] My real question is: is there really a need for an Anti-mimic tactic?

[…]. So I use Mimic no more and never worry it be used against me.

So, no?
See how your thread started flawed? don’t worry that it doesn’t reach the three pages, man.