Enfeeble

21 posts

Flag Post

So what exactly does it do? Does it add x damage to any enemy unit that is damaged?

Flag Post

If an Enfeebled unit is damaged, it takes x extra damage.

Flag Post

Enfeeble is a little buggy right now. Observe what happens when you pit a deck consisting of a Barrage Tank, a Crippler(Enf 1), and a Destructive Portal (Enf 2) vs. lone Aegis. Deploy the Crippler first, followed by the portal, and then the Barrage Tank.

Also, weird things happen when you pit a Crippler vs. an Aegis (the Crippler can damage the Aegis despite having only an attack of 1, because of Enfeeble 1, even though it would not ordinarily have caused any damage), but can’t damage a Marauder (Armor 2) or even a Tremor Hunter (Armor 3).

Flag Post

Enfeeble increases the damage dealt to a unit, so a unit with 1 attack will deal 2 damage to a unit under the influence of enfeeble 1.

It takes effect before armor reduction, so a unit with 1 attack would deal 1 damage to a unit with 2 armor under the influence of enfeeble 2. It also increases strike damage, which of course is not reduced by armor.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PescadoJM:

Enfeeble is a little buggy right now. Observe what happens when you pit a deck consisting of a Barrage Tank, a Crippler(Enf 1), and a Destructive Portal (Enf 2) vs. lone Aegis. Deploy the Crippler first, followed by the portal, and then the Barrage Tank.

Also, weird things happen when you pit a Crippler vs. an Aegis (the Crippler can damage the Aegis despite having only an attack of 1, because of Enfeeble 1, even though it would not ordinarily have caused any damage), but can’t damage a Marauder (Armor 2) or even a Tremor Hunter (Armor 3).

That actually makes a lot of sense.

It’s using the same combat modifier as armor only in reverse. Armor says Damage – X, while Enfeeble says Damage + X… you see? It’s essentially the same modifier, so enfeeble 2 would simply remove armor from a marauder and enfeeble 3 would do so for tremor hunter.

Armor: Damage -A
Enfeeble: Damage +E
EG: Damage 3 -2a +1E =2

Flag Post
Originally posted by BlankZero:

Enfeeble increases the damage dealt to the unit, and takes effect before armor reduction, so a unit with 1 attack would deal 1 damage to a unit with 2 armor under the influence of enfeeble 2. It also increases strike damage, which of course is not reduced by armor.

I think you have that backwards, check my post…

Flag Post

Well, I know that’s how it ACTUALLY works right NOW, but this is not what the card SAYS it will do. It SAYS “when unit takes damage, unit takes additional damage”, not “unit takes additional damage”. That wording implies that taking damage is a prerequisite for taking additional damage, as opposed to simply taking additional damage globally.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PescadoJM:

Well, I know that’s how it ACTUALLY works right NOW, but this is not what the card SAYS it will do. It SAYS “when unit takes damage, unit takes additional damage”, not “unit takes additional damage”. That wording implies that taking damage is a prerequisite for taking additional damage, as opposed to simply taking additional damage globally.

You’re correct, it should be a separate value so that it worked like this:

Damage – Armor = x
(if X > 0 then do X+E) so that the following would happen

3 – 2 = 1
1>0 so then
1+E

Edit: Actually I have an important question, does it stack currently?

I’m assuming it does, but I’m not sure….

Flag Post
Originally posted by meop79:

Enfeeble increases the damage dealt to the unit, and takes effect before armor reduction, so a unit with 1 attack would deal 1 damage to a unit with 2 armor under the influence of enfeeble 2. It also increases strike damage, which of course is not reduced by armor.

From the formula you wrote out: Damage 1 – 2a + 2E = 1

Which is exactly what I said.

Flag Post

From the formula you wrote out: Damage 1 – 2a + 2E = 1

Which is exactly what I said.

No, actually, the way it’s supposed to work is 1-2 = -1, -1 < 1 so you do not proceed to +2E at all.

Flag Post

It seems to be behaving very oddly still. I’m conducting some more tests.

Flag Post

well, fwiw, I was playing with a with controller and enfeeble is at least mimicable. Makes for some interesting interactions.

Flag Post

Here’s some oddities so far:
Test Target: Eva + Fortifier
Play Order: (Dalia) Destructive Portal (Enf 2, Weaken 2), Barrage Tank (Strike 1)
Result: Barrage Tank strikes and deals 3 damage per strike to Fortifier, which eventually dies as Eva cannot keep it alive.

Play Order: (Dalia) Crippler (Enf 1), Barrage Tank, Destructive Portal
Result: Crippler will Enfeeble Fortifier, but will do no damage (1+1 still does not penetrate armor). Barrage Tank will strike for 2 damage, but Eva heals this. When Portal wakes up, it casts Enfeeble first, then Crppler Enfeebles (+3 Enfeeble), giving Crippler 4 damage. Crippler Attacks, dealing 2 damage (4-2), and then Barrage Tank strikes…dealing 2 damage, as if the 2 Enfeeblement from Portal had been overwritten by the 1 from Crippler. (Fortifier dies).

Play Order: (Dalia) Crippler, Destructive Portal, Jericho (Strike 2)
Result: As above, but Crippler will perform 2 damage attacks once Portal activates that are healed by Eva until Jericho awakens, strikes for 3 (2+1), and kills it. Again, only +1 damage from Crippler, Portal’s enfeeble is overwritten when Striking.

Target Deck: Eva + Fortifier + Aegis
Play Order: (Dalia) Crippler, Destructive Portal, Barrage Tank
Result: If Crippler and Portal stack both of their Enfeebles on one target, Strikes that hit it do only Crippler boost. If the Enfeebles are split, strikes that hit a target deal either 3 or 2 damage, depending on which Enfeeble. A bizarre event can occur where a visibly intact Aegis ceases to both heal itself and block damage while the Crippler attacks through it and damages Eva anyway, although due to the fact that the battle is no longer deterministic, it doesn’t always occur.

Conclusion: Enfeeble is very buggy.

Flag Post

the way it’s supposed to work

Regardless of how it is supposed to work, it actually works as I outlined in my post.

Flag Post

I’m not sure it ACTUALLY works at all. There seems to be some very strange oddities when applied to, say, Strike, and that doesn’t even cover other sources of damage, like Poison or Counter. I haven’t tested Poison yet, but it doesn’t appear to affect Counter damage.

Flag Post

It doesn’t affect poison.

Flag Post

it can’t affect poison or counter. Enfeble is an activation skills that target a assault card during 1 turn.
Poison and counter deals damages during your opponent turn, a that time enfeble isn’t active anymore…

Flag Post

It is still possible to be struck by those during “your” turn if you get Paybacked or Mimicked, though.

Flag Post

So … any news on that one?

I still don’t get how enfeeble is supposed to work and why anyone would choose it over a plain old strike … *shrug

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jangoo:

So … any news on that one?

I still don’t get how enfeeble is supposed to work and why anyone would choose it over a plain old strike … *shrug

It adds +1 to the damage each source deals during the Enfeebler’s turn.

Why pick it? Double duty. A target that gets hit with Strike 1 takes 1 additional damage from the strike. An Enfeebled 1 target that gets hit with Strike 1 and regular attack takes 2 additional damage. It allows an attacker with poison or immobilise to penetrate armour, and works double duty with Swipe as well.

Flag Post

Well … dunno really.
It seems to me that enfeeble is treated as a serious skill of its own when it comes to card-balancing, meaning enfeeble 1 is considered as valuable as e.g. armor 1, weaken 1, strike 1 etc.
However, all of these skills work on their own … always … whereas enfeeble requires a second condition to kick in or better yet: A second AND a third condition because the strike AND the attack in your example has to happen first before enfeeble does anything extra cool. As long as it is just an attack OR a strike a simple strike 1 would have done just the same with the little difference that often enfeebled units don’t even get hit at all.
As for armor … I don’t even understand those equations and elaborations people posted earlier but from my testing,
enfeeble acts as just another attack-point in the equation … once again, a simple strike or rally (for poison/immob) would have done just the same with the difference that they WILL happen and do their job.

I mean, you would really have to go enfeeble all with Fenrir (who will HAVE to be placed before attackers and strikers) or something to be sure you get the right guys and even then, your setup has to be somewhat completed to get best use out of it but: When my setup is done and working … why would I need enfeeble anyways?

Sorry, I’m not sold … not sold at all.