How would you use Mystic Obelisk?

57 posts

Flag Post

Spend your 25 free warbonds, get:

Do what?

Well, outside of the obvious 9001.992% win of 10x Orbo w / Obelisk as commander.

But really, help me understand how to best understand how to take advantage of this card. Can be either offense or defense. The problems I am running into:
-4 wait…slow structure is sslloowww.
-Commander effects and action effects do not work with it since those go off before structures activate
-Does nothing vs structure decks or when you try to nuke down enemy commanders.

So far I have tried low damage high health healers to hang around and wait until it turns on and mass strike decks. In both so far I have found myself in the position of already having won by the time it turns on, or it is too slow and I’ve lost before it turns on.

My next thought is this in a defense based structure strike deck w/ a bunch of fast cd structures like the Orbital Cannon, Acid Pit, Gatling Cannon, etc?

Flag Post

Things like Tiamat would thrive, Hit for 3 then strike for 4. Any low cooldown strikers. Pretty awesome.

Glad it’s not as powerful as everyone initially thought though

Flag Post

It makes titan a 5/8(4) strike 5 siege 3 card.

Thats the direction id look in.

Flag Post

I used mine in a irradiated infantry deck, works quite well as each infantry hits for 5s..

Flag Post

Ok, here my thoughts:

use it in a multicolor slowrolldeck as “rally all 2”
use it in a xeno slowroll as 2nd “mothership” (rifter will love it)
use it in a bloothirsty slowrolldeck with siphon and bloodpools as “rally”. redeemer is nice here (no bloodwalls)

use it in a defensive deck: (together with the new enf 1 all strike 2 action card)

bloodwalls and eqg
sabre/demobot aegis/yurich maybe gatling+bloodwall

Flag Post

I’m thinking it is a very nice boost to offensive decks…so, basically, gilding the lily. Offensive decks pretty much already always win, so something which makes offensive decks even MORE win is not going to actually be that useful. On defense, it’s much more questionable: The prevalence of defensive buildings means siege is common, and even with regenerate, its 4 HP will fall quickly to masses of siege unless you dilute with many, many buildings. Plus it’s wait-4. All in all, I view it as an overrated card: It’s not bad on offense, but there are many other things you could be doing with that legendary slot, and is much more dubious on defense. Defense is where the edge of advancement is now, not offense: You can’t push offense much better than it already is.

Flag Post

marauder and command center – if commander stays alive youre doing 5-6 damage on a 0 wait card….

Flag Post

also has evade btw Pescado – have a feeling it will be hard to drop with evade AND regen

Flag Post

that said… yes… overrated due to 4 wait

Flag Post

I see more uses for it on defense.

In layman’s term it would be equivalent to a 8 hp sturcture with regen 4.

In defense it would dilute opponent siege and may be valuable to sturcture deck for that reason already, it’s hugely annoying when there’s 3 big silos staring at you and you just can’t focus siege on the right one, with a 8 hp regen 4 serving as lighting rod I might use it as is even if it had no enfeeble all, strictly for its lighting rod trait.

Enfeeble won’t work with EMP, counters, basically only for real actual attack and strikes, in general it’s not that impressive, that said it is pretty nice on tiamat, rifter …etc

Flag Post
Originally posted by technoshaman:

Spend your 25 free warbonds, get:

Use your card on defdeck. Besides stocking 4-5 Strike-All and Swipe cards, you should prepare to face high-health Siege cards with fast and effective Assault cards. I prefer Poison (Niaq/II) and Flurry (Fortifier/Diesel) for this task.

Flag Post

I’ve been using it in offense and it’s a big disappointment. It’s wait is simply too big. 4-delay assault cards have that as well, but at least those soak up damage and dilute enemy abilities. This one does not. So by the time it activates you’redead. It’s like throwing down an EMP at turn 0. The disadvantage is just too big to overcome those first few turns. There are other high wait structures, but those do direct damage. For a missile silo it doesn’t matter if most of your creatures are dead, it will still do its damage. But this thing depends on you having a lot of creatures. That doesn’t work.

I think it might be useful in defense. Though I haven’t been able to test that yet.

Flag Post

Defense deck
Dracorex with 5 Blood Walls, Mystic Obelisk, 4 Earthquake Generators. Enjoy your strike all 3’s.

Flag Post

The problem with using it as a component in a building strike deck is casting order. Similar to creature-on-creature, for this to work, it has to be placed BEFORE the strike buildings. Of course, we all know defense decks can’t rely on anything order dependent, and Dracowall is already a weak defense build highly vulnerable to siege.

So, on OFFENSE, it’s usable, but slow and not ideal. On Defense, it’s too random and only fits into a very narrow type of debunked deck, otherwise it dies too easily due to the fact that most strong offenses have siege capability.

In missions, far too many missions contain enemy siege, so, again, dubious. Despite Evade and Regen to prop up its survivability, it’s just too clumsy and random, not an elegant weapon for a more civilized age.

Flag Post

Does the damage boost on Enfeeble work with Counter? I could see this working with Command Centers, perhaps to compliment a Yurilossus.

Flag Post

Can someone explain this skill? Imagine, your enemy has Atlas as Commander an this Obelisk ready. You have, for example, 3x Hatchets on the field. Atlas makes 1 damage to one Hatchet, so far. But what does the Obelisk? Does is increase the damage for that one Hatchet +2, or does it deal that +2 damage to ALL Hatchets???

Flag Post
Originally posted by Weily:

Can someone explain this skill? Imagine, your enemy has Atlas as Commander an this Obelisk ready. You have, for example, 3x Hatchets on the field. Atlas makes 1 damage to one Hatchet, so far. But what does the Obelisk? Does is increase the damage for that one Hatchet +2, or does it deal that +2 damage to ALL Hatchets???

To ALL of them versus enemies, not commander.

Flag Post

Enfeeble: Activation – When enemy unit takes damage, takes additional damage

In this case, only one Hatchet took damage, so why can deal enfeeble all deal damage to all? I though just to all units which took damage?

Flag Post

I just thought*

Flag Post

If you are causing the damage with Atlas, you will cause one damage, period, because the Tower does not cast until Atlas has already cast, so Atlas casting Strike will not benefit at all from this. Only buildings that are played (and therefore cast spells) after the Obelisk, and units (units always cast after commander and all buildings have cast).

Flag Post

Ah okay, you mean first the Obelisk activates it’s skill, and after that maybe an Earthquake Generator strikes all 1. Then it would be strike all 3, right??? But what about Orbital Cannon activating skill after Obelisk, it just strikes one unit. What does enfeeble do then? Strike 3 to this one unit?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Weily:

Ah okay, you mean first the Obelisk activates it’s skill, and after that maybe an Earthquake Generator strikes all 1. Then it would be strike all 3, right??? But what about Orbital Cannon activating skill after Obelisk, it just strikes one unit. What does enfeeble do then? Strike 3 to this one unit?

Exactly.

Flag Post

I think people quitting in horror due to this being only P2P are overestimating this

Flag Post
Originally posted by aj2000:

In defense it would dilute opponent siege and may be valuable to sturcture deck for that reason already, it’s hugely annoying when there’s 3 big silos staring at you and you just can’t focus siege on the right one, with a 8 hp regen 4 serving as lighting rod I might use it as is even if it had no enfeeble all, strictly for its lighting rod trait.

Enfeeble won’t work with EMP, counters, basically only for real actual attack and strikes, in general it’s not that impressive, that said it is pretty nice on tiamat, rifter …etc

I don’t know where people are getting these numbers. Evade and regen only works 50% of the time, so it’s effectively a 6 hp card with 3 regen….yes there will be times when its OP because there is the chance it can regen/evade multiple times, but there will be times when it dies to 2 sieges too.

So if they made a card with 9 hp, 4 delay, and enfeeble all 2, is it still worth complaining about?

I think the card people are actually sleeping on is plague, in my experience it’s a better version of emp, and is straight up unfair in a quick strike deck.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lbzhu:
Originally posted by aj2000:

I don’t know where people are getting these numbers. Evade and regen only works 50% of the time, so it’s effectively a 6 hp card with 3 regen….yes there will be times when its OP because there is the chance it can regen/evade multiple times, but there will be times when it dies to 2 sieges too.

So if they made a card with 9 hp, 4 delay, and enfeeble all 2, is it still worth complaining about?

I think the card people are actually sleeping on is plague, in my experience it’s a better version of emp, and is straight up unfair in a quick strike deck.

On average a 50% evade means a 4 hp sturcture will need 8 siege to take out, so 8 hp, a regen 2 gives has 50% to bring it back to 2 hp, but with evade those 2 hp on average takes 4 siege to take out, so 4 hp. That translates to a statistical equivalent of 8 hp regen 4. Luck gives it some randomness of course, but that’s what you can expect on average.