Overkill + extreme overkill at once

68 posts

Flag Post

Mission 29 – play silos and blood pools asap, then command centres. Grinder last.
Dracorex, 2 Missile Silo, 2 Blood Wall, 2 Rally flag, 3 Command Centre, grinder.
The more ccs you have, the better.
good luck :)

Flag Post

I just did it by complete fluke (or brilliance?) with a standard Xeno fatty deck on mission 90 (both Overkill & EXTREME OVerkill):

Vylander
Hatchlings x2
Daemon
Kraken
Enclave Champ
Rifter
Pred.
Mothership
Pylon

All I did was heal and stall the game enough until I had enough for a massive attack to kill off everything simultaneously, followed by a massive Mothership attack the next turn (mothership wasn’t even in 1st pos.).

Mission 90 probably makes this easy as the enemy deck has tons of heal and stall as well.

Try it!

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

I just did it by complete fluke (or brilliance?) with a standard Xeno fatty deck on mission 90 (both Overkill & EXTREME OVerkill):

Vylander
Hatchlings x2
Daemon
Kraken
Enclave Champ
Rifter
Pred.
Mothership
Pylon

All I did was heal and stall the game enough until I had enough for a massive attack to kill off everything simultaneously, followed by a massive Mothership attack the next turn (mothership wasn’t even in 1st pos.).

Mission 90 probably makes this easy as the enemy deck has tons of heal and stall as well.

Try it!

May be, but mission 90 seems too risky, random and dangerous – also costs too much energy to try. It is better to get it 100% on a lower mission.
Nice luck anyway ;)

Flag Post

^

It’s also an example of a decent deck to play against lvl 90, which I am currently working my way through. Has worked for me 3/3 so far. You’re probably right about not trying it strictly with the aim to pwn the achieve.

Flag Post

No grinder and only 1 silo. Any suggestions?

Flag Post

Fluke it. I just checked chat and ppls seemed to be getting both by accident.

Flag Post

I too got both achieves on mission 90, using Zhoom’s deck recommended in the “87+” thread:

Malort (use LoT if you’ve finished already), 3x hatchet, fleshripper, 2 x annelid, 4x asylum.

It’s as close to 100% win as you’re gonna get, is extremely easy and fast to play (though does require manual), and you’ll get both achieves if any of his siphon cards hit and heal him at all.

order:

play an asylum first, then a hatchet, or just a hatchet if you didn’t draw an asylum. keep playing asylums as long as it looks like your hatchet has full health on turn start. drop the fleshripper second or third. use the annelids like action cards to quick-hit any 1cd cards the enemy drops, especially if his first card is a fleshripper or hatchet.

your only chance of losing is if he drops a hatchet first, and even then it’s 50/50 (drop the annelid mass instead of your own hatchet).

Flag Post

I did them on CC4 with Impulse Walker and 4 Rally Flags.

Flag Post

OK I came up with another easy strategy. Mission 34 using Duncan, Missile Silo, 2 Artillery Encampments, Gatling Tower, Orbital Cannon, 3 Command Centers, Mortar Bunker, and a 4+ attack raider. If you have Grinder use it for your attacker and you can pull a CC or the Bunker.

Basic idea is throw in a bunch of strike structures (pretty much whatever you got will probably cut it) and enough rally to get attack up to 13.

Flag Post

“Hatchlings x2
Daemon
Kraken
Enclave Champ
Rifter
Pred.
Mothership
Pylon”

that’s a winner for 90 alrighty.

I didn’t happen to have a kraken handy (been spending all my dough on gold packs lately), so used a red ORBO!! (biodrone) for fun, and I changed out the pylon with destructive portal you get for winning 88(?).

absolver also seems to work well in this deck. play it about 3rd, so it stays alive but can trigger enfeeble before at least some of your other cards.

once that portal triggers, it’s game over. everything on the board on the enemy’s side pretty much goes down in one fell “whoosh”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

Vylander
Hatchlings x2
Daemon
Kraken
Enclave Champ
Rifter
Pred.
Mothership
Pylon

Try it!

i used almost same deck on mission 89, with a full power to finish it quick

Flag Post

just fyi, it really is TOTAL damage, it doesn’t matter how long it takes, nor how much damage you do per hit.

you could hit him for one each turn, and so long as you did enough total damage before 50 turns is up, you get the achieve.

edit:

though if you ARE going after the weaker commanders, then you have to indeed use a buffed attack.

if you do 90 (which really isn’t hard), then you needn’t bother.

Flag Post

Mission 29 using the following (rather random assortment):

sidoze
orbital cannon x2, gatling tower, acid pit, artillery encampment. there’s prolly better options but my luck with good striking structures hasn’t been the best.
command center, 3 rally flags
goliath

As long as you get most of the enemies down with the walls goliath can survive a couple hits and will hit for 14, making it pretty easy to get both achievs at once. Optionally shock grunt would deal the same dmg, but would be harder to keep alive, and I guess atlas is an option if you have him. (dmg would still be 13×2=26).

Flag Post

Sidoze 4 rallyflags 1 impulsewalker on CC4 …. 1 or 2 rallyflags first then impulsewalker then rest …

Originally posted by Tafkam:

+ 1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ichthyic:

I too got both achieves on mission 90, using Zhoom’s deck recommended in the “87+” thread:

Malort (use LoT if you’ve finished already), 3x hatchet, fleshripper, 2 x annelid, 4x asylum.

It’s as close to 100% win as you’re gonna get, is extremely easy and fast to play (though does require manual), and you’ll get both achieves if any of his siphon cards hit and heal him at all.

order:

play an asylum first, then a hatchet, or just a hatchet if you didn’t draw an asylum. keep playing asylums as long as it looks like your hatchet has full health on turn start. drop the fleshripper second or third. use the annelids like action cards to quick-hit any 1cd cards the enemy drops, especially if his first card is a fleshripper or hatchet.

your only chance of losing is if he drops a hatchet first, and even then it’s 50/50 (drop the annelid mass instead of your own hatchet).

+1 (-1?)

I tried it out just now. Makes mission 90 a breeze using basic cards. I would suggest swapping an annelid for another asylum. It’s also Heartripper not Fleshripper amirite?

(update: too unstable … I’ll go back to Xeno fatties.)

Flag Post

the reason for the 4 asylums is to increase your chance of early draw, and to increase the damage the rest of your units do to the commander as your lead units deal with dropped assault cards. you don’t need more than 2 annelids to act as quick cards, as there are actually few drop orders where they are even required.

yes, heartripper. gees, these names.

rolleyes

the heartripper is there to accommodate buff-diffusion (your assylums eventually will be buffing random assault cards), so unless a need is there to drop an annelid in the second spot (1cd card in second slot), then I would recommend putting it there.

I tried a TON of permutations of this, on all the missions from 85-90 and tested dozens of times against equivalent decks in the arena (heh, read the thread), and in the end, Zhoom’s configuration, specifically for 90, does indeed work best.

you’re certainly welcome to experiment and let us know what your results are too!

Flag Post
Originally posted by Ichthyic:

the reason for the 4 asylums is to increase your chance of early draw, and to increase the damage the rest of your units do to the commander as your lead units deal with dropped assault cards. you don’t need more than 2 annelids to act as quick cards, as there are actually few drop orders where they are even required.

you’re certainly welcome to experiment and let us know what your results are too!

Asylum could be swapped for mortar bunker, not that it makes much difference though.
I always used an EMP and haven’t tried heartripper, EMP helps in that it keeps the amount of cards you could rally lower, but could miss on evade so again idk if there’s a big difference.

I’m curious of why asulum is suggested first tho, hatchet still survives the commanders strike+enfeeble and will heal up as long as enemy plays an assault next so?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yasim:

Sidoze 4 rallyflags 1 impulsewalker on CC4 …. 1 or 2 rallyflags first then impulsewalker then rest …

Originally posted by Tafkam:

+ 1

+1 xd easy

Flag Post

Zerbur looks useless

Flag Post

payback does seem to be a pretty weak thing. maybe if it was cd3 instead of 4…

Flag Post

“I’m curious of why asulum is suggested first tho, hatchet still survives the commanders strike+enfeeble and will heal up as long as enemy plays an assault next so?”

mainly because there are a couple of cards you don’t want to allow to activate, and adding 2 damage early makes sure that doesn’t happen.

“too unstable”

it’s not unstable, really, if you play it exactly as I said. I’ve never lost with it on 90, ever, and neither has Zhoom * . That’s combined well over 50 straight wins with zero losses. Swapping out the heartripper for malgoth, the exact same deck had 32 straight wins coming from 85 through 89. Malgoth just doesn’t activate fast enough to be of use in 90.

it’s hardly unstable.

• ok, just had one loss, due to 1st drop hatchet not being taken out by annelid, but this was explained very clearly, and should happen less than 5% of all playthroughs with this deck.

but, whatever works for people. this is most certainly not a “theoretical” deck, but one that has been tested very thoroughly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Leothyr:

Mission 29 – play silos and blood pools asap, then command centres. Grinder last.
Dracorex, 2 Missile Silo, 2 Blood Wall, 2 Rally flag, 3 Command Centre, grinder.
The more ccs you have, the better.
good luck :)

Worked on first try. Also got “Smash!” while doing this.
I only had 2 CC’s, so i replaced 1 with a Rally Flag

Flag Post

I got the overkill achievement on mission 90, but neither Zhoom’s hatchet deck nor the xeno muscle deck recommended by ladolcevita is getting the extreme overkill achievement.

these decks win the mission, but don’t get the achievement. the commander is not getting a siphon or something, so i kill him before i can do enough damage.

Flag Post

I can’t get the EXTREME Overkill!!! achievement…

I don’t have grinder, I don’t have 4 rally flags, I can’t do it with the BT rush on mission 90 (I win, I just don’t get 25 damage done), I don’t know what else to do…

EDIT: I kinda got ninja’d by discowookie, who posted a very similar thing.

Flag Post

Certainly you must have at least like, 2 rally flags. And you definitely have a mortar bunker. Add a CC?