[To-Devs] Please REMOVE 10wb Standard Tournaments

55 posts

Flag Post

Hey,

Can you please remove 10wb standard tournaments from all tournament schedules? The tournaments barely ever have more than 10 participants, it really makes no sense for anyone to keep these tournaments (I can question the same for 5wb ones, although these are slightly better, still). Even if you include it because of the house cut, you will earn much more by a 5wb one (whether its sealed or standard) than this one.

10 wb standard tournaments, a wasted 2 hours.

Thanks.

Flag Post

And also gold entries for some WB only packs (Doesn’t affect the buy packs option)
Bored of Enclave and Gold sealed :/

Flag Post

10 “participants” in a 10WB? Are you sure? That shitty tourneys are an alts-fest, probably not more than 5 REAL players.

Hope that they take out those tourneys.

Flag Post

The 24 hour ones can get some decent participation (sometimes), but I agree the 2hr 10wb tourneys are a waste of a slot.

Flag Post

inb4 shian objects

Flag Post

/sign

No one joins them because we know only players with heracles/svet will play, everyone will just instant lose

IMO some of the WB-sealed tournies are fun, Blight in particular (since the rares are fairly balanced, it isn’t dependant on getting one rare like Purity or Nexus)

Flag Post

nononnono I will get no more WB D:

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

You can keep boosting but in 5 WB tourneys :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:
Originally posted by lol0lo:

You can keep boosting but in 5 WB tourneys :D

I no boost :(

Flag Post

shian playing a 10 WB tournament:

just a joke :D

Flag Post

Wrong pic. This is 1 of Pescado’s 100s of bot stations.

Flag Post

I agree.

Flag Post

+1 !

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Too much human involvement for bots, too much WOW for Pescado. A bot station would be ten computers with one screen, not the other way around.

Ontopic:
Alts can be beaten quite easily and give as many points to others as they give to their main. Don’t take away the opportunity for good players to be among themselves. It’s the only kind of tournament where you actually have to adapt your deck to the meta all the time since everyone else does the same.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Egalisator:

Too much human involvement for bots, too much WOW for Pescado. A bot station would be ten computers with one screen, not the other way around.

Naw, Pesc is multi-accounting WoW while his Tyrant Bots reform.

Flag Post

Make all 2h tourneys cost 5k gold/5 WB, and all 24h tourneys 10k gold/10 WB but give out double cards and caps for 24h tourneys. Personally I would axe all WB constructed entirely but that’s probably more than can be hoped for.

Flag Post

Just take out WB tournies. They are just ripe for abuse.
Bring back 10-25 wb dailies, and take out standard tournaments.
They are just a pissing contest for who can wb buy the most anyway.
Better to just stick these people in some kind of arena tier for pvp.

Wb tournies are dying. Why reward the exploiters?

Flag Post

We could keep those tournies as long as we get a 3rd tournie slot, more about that topic can be found here:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/260366-needs-moar-tourneys?page=1#posts-5605293

Flag Post
Originally posted by Egalisator:
Ontopic:
Alts can be beaten quite easily and give as many points to others as they give to their main. Don’t take away the opportunity for good players to be among themselves. It’s the only kind of tournament where you actually have to adapt your deck to the meta all the time since everyone else does the same.

last time i joined 2h 10wb there were shian, lol0lo and 6 random newbies. it wasnt night or early morgning, it was evening. and usually there are played only 20-30 matches per tourney.

Flag Post

NOT MY BREAD AND BUTTER!!! How else am i suppose to get 50000wb’s to collect every (foil) card? Pay money? no way game is 2 buggy for me to pay money.

i’ve had a 2h 10 wb tourny with 3 people made a nice whoping 6 wb’s, yup house took almost 50%

then another time there were 9 players and 90WB buy in 100WB pay out it was preaty sweet.

Flag Post

inb4 shian objects

Originally posted by shian:

NOT MY BREAD AND BUTTER!!! How else am i suppose to get 50000wb’s to collect every (foil) card? Pay money? no way game is 2 buggy for me to pay money.

i’ve had a 2h 10 wb tourny with 3 people made a nice whoping 6 wb’s

told ya.

Flag Post

ya I have way more monitors when I play 10wb tournaments, got like 10d suround.

@promethius14 take out the 30% house cut and I’ll do those stupid WB sealed.

Flag Post

I’m bumping this because I also agree that 10WB standard tournaments should be removed.

The little amount of players during the course of two hours makes this kind of tournament nearly unplayable, and is hardly beneficial to the vast majority of players. Due to the reward being very high for some, players might cheat in order to win this prize, such as boosting faction members, which Juxtapositionly did do but won’t fully admit – but when asked, one of his lines just gives it away that he was boosting…

To juxtapositionly: You still haven’t answered my question… Why did you fight in a won tournament (10WB standard).
juxtapositionly: answer only available to MoM members

(In this tournament, Juxta was winning the tour massively, (7/0 record), and I was 2nd, lol0lo 3rd. In the last minute, Juxta fought lol0lo and lol0lo won quickly, thus boosting lol0lo to 1st position (top 25%, along with Juxta who came 2nd with a 7/2 record) and usurping my position. Juxta’s sole intention of fighting was to boost lol0lo, a faction member)

The conversation ended up with him muting me because I refused to give away my age, even though he was persistently asking for it even though I had told him not to. Full log if you really want – http://pastebin.com/index/RH6v40iL

Not really here to rant about how I lost some WB and how Juxtapositionly is cheating, but to say that it is far more beneficial to the vast majority of members if 10WB standard tournaments are removed. There are hardly any players, most people would much rather something else, and it is very hard to monitor every 10WB standard tournaments – if players are using alts or not, boosting each other etc, and that shouldn’t be too hard since you can’t find a game for around 10 minutes because no one is queuing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jackdaw:

I’m bumping this because I also agree that 10WB standard tournaments should be removed.

The little amount of players during the course of two hours makes this kind of tournament nearly unplayable, and is hardly beneficial to the vast majority of players. Due to the reward being very high for some, players might cheat in order to win this prize, such as boosting faction members, which Juxtapositionly did do but won’t fully admit – but when asked, one of his lines just gives it away that he was boosting…

To juxtapositionly: You still haven’t answered my question… Why did you fight in a won tournament (10WB standard).
juxtapositionly: answer only available to MoM members

(In this tournament, Juxta was winning the tour massively, (7/0 record), and I was 2nd, lol0lo 3rd. In the last minute, Juxta fought lol0lo and lol0lo won quickly, thus boosting lol0lo to 1nd position (top 25%, along with Juxta who came 2nd with a 7/2 record) and usurping my position. Juxta’s sole intention was to boost lol0lo, a faction member)

The conversation ended up with him muting me because I refused to give away my age, even though he was persistently asking for it even though I had told him not to. Full log if you really want – http://pastebin.com/index/RH6v40iL

Not really here to rant about how I lost some WB and how Juxtapositionly is cheating, but to say that it is far more beneficial to the vast majority of members if 10WB standard tournaments are removed. There are hardly any players, most people would much rather something else, and it is very hard to monitor every 10WB standard tournaments – if players are using alts or not, boosting each other etc, and that shouldn’t be too hard since you can’t find a game for around 10 minutes because no one is queuing.

u report him?

Flag Post

1nd?

What sorcery is this? O.o