[GUIDE] Quest / Conquest Battleground Effects

55 posts

Flag Post

General Quest Effects

• During quest battles, the skills of enemy commanders always ignore faction restrictions (despite what the XML data might tell you)
• Enemy decks may contain multiple Legendary cards

Clone Project

At the beginning of Player’s turn, a random active allied unit gains the skill “Split” until end of turn (Split version of the card will not also have the skill “Split”)

• Legendary and Unique assaults can Split
• Only active assaults can use Split
On-play skills will proc on each activation of Split
Clone Project selects any active Assault unit before you drop your card
• A Jammed assault CAN gain the split ability (And if Cleansed, it will still activate Split)
• Zero-Wait Assault units and Blitz Assault units cannot gain the Split ability during the turn you drop it
• If an Assault with Blitz splits, it can activate the Blitz animation, but will not attack or trigger activation skills until its next turn. (BUG?)
• If an Assault with 0-wait splits, the new Assault will not attack or trigger activation skills until its next turn. (BUG?)

Copycat

Mimic targets allied Assault units

• Assaults can Mimic themselves
Mimic Raider will only Mimic allied Raider Assault units
• Mimicking Strike All Imperial 1 will convert it into Strike All 1
• Evade does not trigger against allied Mimic

Decay

Cleanse does not activate. All units enter play with status “Poisoned 1” and status “Disease”

• You cannot Cleanse any status ailments (not even Jam and Immobilize)
• Structures are not affected by Poison or Disease
• Note that Poison damage is calculated before you play a card

High Skies

“Flying” activates 100% against attackers without “Flying” or “Antiair”

• Counter and Strike can still damage Flying assaults

Invigorate

Whenever a unit regains health it gains that much attack permanently

• Refresh, Heal, Supply, Leech and Regenerate all count towards “Invigorate”
• The attack bonus is added at the time of health recovery
• Note that Refresh procs at the end of the turn
• Note that Leech procs after the attack

Impenetrable

Prevent all attack damage done to Walls. Refresh does not activate for Structures

• Only Siege and Crush can damage walls
• Counter damage from walls DO trigger despite walls taking no damage from attacks
• Structures can still Regenerate and can still recover health through the Repair skill
• Berserk does not activate when an Assault attacks a Wall

Quicksilver

All Assault units that do not already have it gain the skill “Evade”

• Payback cannot proc on a skill that was Evaded

Time Surge

Both Commanders gain the skill “Rush 1”

• The Rush skill activates after the timers count down
• Rush can only target Assault units
• Rush skill activates AFTER all other commander skills

Friendly Fire

All Assault units that do not have “Strike” gain the skill “Strike 1” Both Commanders gain the skill “Chaos All”

• Replaces any instance of Chaos and removes any faction restrictions on the original Chaos skill
• “Chaos All” can be evaded
• Faction-specific strike skills still respect their faction requirement (eg. Valkyrie will target friendly Xeno units)
• “Chaos All” is applied after all other Commander skills (unless an instance of Chaos was replaced, in which case, it maintains its original order)

Genesis

At the beginning of each Player’s turn that Player’s Commander gains the skill “Summon X” until end of turn (where X is a random Assault card)

Artillery Strike

On the Attacking Player’s 5th turn, that Player’s Commander gains the skill “Strike All 3” (replaces any other instance of Strike)

• This Battleground is available only in Conquest battles
• “On the Attacking Player’s 5th turn” means Turn 10
• When replacing an instance of Strike, faction restrictions are removed
• “Strike All 3” is applied after all other Commander skills (unless an instance of Strike was replaced, in which case, it maintains its original order)

Photon Shield

All of Defending Player’s units that do not have Armor gain the skill “Armor 2”

Decrepit

Both Commanders gain the skill “Enfeeble All 1” (replaces any instance of Enfeeble)

• When replacing an instance of Enfeeble, faction restrictions are removed
• “Enfeeble All 1” is applied after all other Commander skills (unless an instance of Enfeeble was replaced, in which case, it maintains its original order)

Forcefield

Both Commanders gain the skill “Protect All 1” (replaces any instance of Protect)

• When replacing an instance of Protect, faction restrictions are removed

Chilling Touch

Both Commanders gain the skill “Freeze”

Clone Experiment

On each Player’s 5th turn, one of that Player’s Active Assault Units gains the skill “Split” until end of turn

• “On each Player’s 5th turn” means either Turn 9 or Turn 10
Clone Experiment selects any active Assault unit before you drop your card
• A Jammed assault CAN gain the split ability (And if Cleansed, it will still activate Split)
• Zero-Wait Assault units and Blitz Assault units cannot gain the Split ability during the turn you drop it
• If an Assault with Blitz splits, it can activate the Blitz animation, but will not attack or trigger activation skills until its next turn. (BUG?)
• If an Assault with 0-wait splits, the new Assault will not attack or trigger activation skills until its next turn. (BUG?)

Toxic

All units enter play with status “Poisoned 1”

• Poison can be cleansed
• Note that Poison damage is calculated before you play a card

Flag Post

Feel free to add any details you can think of. This information may help NETRAT with fixing any glitches in his implementation of Quests in Evaluate Decks.

Unanswered Questions

What cards are being excluded from the random Summon in Genesis?
Does an “Armored 1” card receive “Armored 2” in Photon Shield?

Flag Post

NETRAT is still around?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Viiew:

NETRAT is still around?

Yup, if you’ve checked the thread recently, he’s already updated the simulator.

Flag Post

Check if “On Play” Skills proc on Split.

Flag Post

Based on my experience I can say that splitted cards use their “on play” skill, if I wasn’t wrong with all the mess at 4x (my Disposer splitted several tmes).
Good thread

Flag Post

Not completely specific to quests, but I thought of this question when I did the copycat quest: What happens if a commander mimics supply? Which units does it supply if supply is mimicked?

Flag Post

Quicksilver grants Evade to units with Payback.

When an activation skill targets such a unit, does the Payback check still happen if Evade succeeds?

Not too hard to check, but I never bring a Paybacking unit into this quest anyway, so I don’t know.

It takes only one confirmed occurrence for us to be able to say yes to this question, but it may be hard for us to figure it out if the answer is no.

If I have a Quicksilver quest when I have time to play tonight, I will donate some energy to the cause to answer this question, but it would be excellent if someone already knows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by RedJackdaw:

Not completely specific to quests, but I thought of this question when I did the copycat quest: What happens if a commander mimics supply? Which units does it supply if supply is mimicked?

Supply cannot be mimicked by non-assault units. This is in its skill description.
Activation – Heal this unit and adjacent Assault units (Can only be Mimiced by Assault units)

Flag Post

on-play proc on split. I met Marshal and it proc several times

Flag Post
Originally posted by 12345ieee:

Based on my experience I can say that splitted cards use their “on play” skill, if I wasn’t wrong with all the mess at 4x (my Disposer splitted several tmes).
Good thread

Originally posted by longx116:

on-play proc on split. I met Marshal and it proc several times

Thanks. Updated OP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

Clone Project

At the beginning of Player’s turn, a random active allied unit gains the skill “Split” until end of turn (Split version of the card will not also have the skill “Split”)

Note, like any activiation skill, if jammed split will not proc. Therefore copycat will not target a jammed card to add split to.

Also note, that the active, unjammed assult is picked at the beginning of the turn (before you drop your own card). This is important as if the card you drop is 0CD it will not be in the pool of potential assults to get the split ability.

Copycat

Mimic targets allied Assault units

• Assaults can Mimic themselves
• Faction-specific Mimic will still respect faction restrictions

Just a clarifyer, faction specific mimic restrictions still apply when targeting what card to mimic, but the mimic’ed skill(s) still ignore faction restriction.

Invigorate

Whenever a unit regains health it gains that much attack permanently

• Refresh, Heal, Supply, and Regeneration all count towards “Invigorate”

Don’t forget leech. Also tributed “heals” do the same thing. It is important to note that the permenent rally happens at the time of the heal. So since refresh happens at the end of the round the attack is inremented then too. Same with leech after the attack.

Quicksilver

All Assault units that do not already have it gain the skill “Evade”

Does “Payback” proc on a skill that gets “Evaded”?

It should not (however I have not personally tested this in the “quicksilver” enviornment).

Time Surge

Both Commanders gain the skill “Rush 1”

• The Rush skill activates after the timers count down

It also only impacts assult timers (structure timers are not impacted, as per the rush defination).

Hope this helps,
Pip

Flag Post

Thank you for your contribution, Pip.
OP has been updated as required, although I will wait for confirmation on the Payback/Evade question.

Flag Post

Just tested Payback/Evade.
Out of 10 attempts, skills that were evaded never triggered Payback.

Will update OP with the assumption that Pip was correct until this is proven wrong.

Flag Post

Impenetrable

Prevent all attack damage done to Walls. Refresh does not activate for Structures

Counter damage from walls will not trigger
• Structures can still Regenerate and can still recover health through the Repair skill

Are you sure about this? I could’ve sworn I saw my units taking counter damage the last time I did this quest. Also, was it confirmed that Fear doesn’t work even if proc’d?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 8ottaway:

Impenetrable

Are you sure about this? I could’ve sworn I saw my units taking counter damage the last time I did this quest. Also, was it confirmed that Fear doesn’t work even if proc’d?

Yes, damage from walls with counter is dealt because the attacks proc.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cybershotz:

Impenetrable

OP Fixed.

Flag Post

General: When there’s a battleground effect in play, enemy commander skills that have faction restrictions have the restrictions removed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by protoflare:

General: When there’s a battleground effect in play, enemy commander skills that have faction restrictions have the restrictions removed.

Good point. I would definitely want to make sure that NETRAT realized this important effect.

Flag Post

(.-A-). zzzzzzz

Flag Post
Originally posted by Serenade_Q:

(.-A-). zzzzzzz

Very informative, Serenade. Thanks for the contribution. I’ll keep that in mind.
If someone else can confirm this, I’ll add it to the OP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Cybershotz:

Impenetrable

OP Fixed.

Ummm are you sure about this? Counter is a damage dependent skill. No damage = no counter. I had thought this was similar to protect on a counter unit. If protect reduces the damage to zero there is no counter damage dealt. I tried to test this today, but the quests I got in both the test and Kong enviornments didn’t include Impenetrable. I will check this again tomorrow.

The commanders in the quests don’t have faction specific skills. Their raid equivalants might, but those that I faced today all had factionless skills. Can you give an example of a commander in a quest that is listed as having a faction specific ability that is acting without that limitation?

-Pip

Flag Post

@Pip I’m pretty sure Counter does damage.

Some commanders are reused from another mission. Time Surge Opak is from Vengeful Righteous 3+4, for example.
http://tyrant.40in.net/kg/quest.php?id=1

Flag Post

@Pip I’m pretty sure Counter does damage.

Some commanders are reused from another mission. Time Surge Opak is from Vengeful Righteous 3+4, for example.
http://tyrant.40in.net/kg/quest.php?id=1

I am aware that these commanders were origionally from raids. But I am looking at Opak from time surge and his skills are protect 1, rally 2, weaken 2. There is no faction designation on them, so it is not being ignored.. So like I said before, the commanders in the quests don’t have faction specific skills. Their raid equivalants might, but those for quests don’t.

-Pip

Flag Post

If you check the XML, it points to the same commander as the ones in the missions.
All that Tyrant does is remove those restrictions (including the on-card text).
So in a sense, it does ignore faction restrictions.