[Dev] D:

263 posts

Flag Post

We have a couple ideas we’re discussing (note: very early discussions) and some feedback would be great.

1) Buffing a few Golden Oldies
We were thinking about buffing several of the old favorite cards to be competitive in the current meta – at least a few of the big cards from all of the old sets. This has a lot of positive effects: changing the meta up, reducing the effect of the current perceived power creep, and of course giving the grizzled old vets a little <3. What do you think about this?

(I miss Tiamat imho tbqh)

2) Conquest Seasons
We’re considering a Conquest setup where, in addition to general rewards for tile control, we also have a ranking system that rewards holding tiles in the long term. Every 1-3 months, the Conquest map is reset and we distribute rewards – some exclusive rewards for Top factions, and some additional rewards for all factions that reach a certain rating level. This will help keep the map fresh after resets and will also give interesting additional rewards. Do you like this idea? Is this unfair to existing Conquest factions?

Flag Post

For rewards, perhaps lesser rewards for low level factions as well – best 6-10 1-5

Flag Post

First suggestion of a few buffs would be nice.

Second suggestion I’m not so crazy about, I think maybe you could split it up into 2 maps where one gets reset, the other is the way it currently is with no resets.

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

We have a couple ideas we’re discussing (note: very early discussions) and some feedback would be great.

We were thinking about buffing several of the old favorite cards to be competitive in the current meta – at least a few of the big cards from all of the old sets. This has a lot of positive effects: changing the meta up, reducing the effect of the current perceived power creep, and of course giving the grizzled old vets a little <3. What do you think about this?

2) Conquest Seasons
We’re considering a Conquest setup where, in addition to general rewards for tile control, we also have a ranking system that rewards holding tiles in the long term. Every 1-3 months, the Conquest map is reset and we distribute rewards – some exclusive rewards for Top factions, and some additional rewards for all factions that reach a certain rating level. This will help keep the map fresh after resets and will also give interesting additional rewards. Do you like this idea? Is this unfair to existing Conquest factions?

Buff Pummeller :D
and all those gold, enclave, nexus legends.

Flag Post

- conquest season :
+1000 ! 3 month and maybe start a second map after 1,5 month so every faction can play.
map 1 with hardcore/average factions / map 2 with casual/low factions

- reducing current power creep

Nice idea
→ no summon, just “summon on”
- Give a second skill (or change it) to some old cards (tiamat: strike 2, enf 2), omega: strike all / strike 1, niaq : poison 3, heli duster: strike 3 / 2 dmg)…

Flag Post

I hope “Buffing a few Golden Oldies” means you’re trying to rebalance the 4 racial factions. Righteous really don’t need a buff right now…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

I hope “Buffing a few Golden Oldies” means you’re trying to rebalance the 4 racial factions. Righteous really don’t need a buff right now…

Yeah

Flag Post

Interesting. I certainly agree with buffing old cards, esp. Goliath.

Conquest certainly needs something changing to avoid an outbreak of peace on the map when the strongest factions hit 31 tiles. A reset seems reasonable.

Flag Post

I think the biggest problem for reseting the conquest map is that it adds to the instability of the game. However, if it were on the long end (i.e. 3 months), it might achieve what you want, while still giving incentive to attack soon, quickly, and often.

The bottom line is that the top factions will still dominate if they continue to be more organized. Lower level factions will ALWAYS be frustrated. Or, in this case, mid-level factions.

Flag Post

I like both of these ideas… a lot. One specifically is Shapeshifter… Phaseid, the new promo, is better than it… and spammable.

Flag Post

I like resets, and I think 3 months is perfect. Enough time for things to settle into a final dug-in tile formation with only minor territory changes, not enough time to get so bored with it that conquest is completely ignored.

And masterluke has a good point – maybe “buffing” could consist of something as simple as removing unique indicators, and/or including some reward only cards in gold packs

Flag Post

+1. Love the idea of conquest resets. It would keep it constantly fresh.

Flag Post

1) yes plz ,upgrade some cards from gold packs and nexus packs a bit(especialy unique ones) also old reward cards like anvil or jet trooper. cant see anything wrong with i.e. xeno motership with 1 more hp 1 less delay and evade. Just plz stop making anymore cards with “enfeeble all” and think twice before making more summon.

2) NO plz ,unless you want only players in top 5 factions to enjoy the game , well that only 250 ppl if thats is MMO you want to make then go for it , otherwise try to make something exactly opposite allowing players in casual factions to have fun.

Flag Post

Forgive my English, please:

1) Reeeeeeally support this, community asked buffing old unique/legendary for a very long time.
But this time I beg you, BEFORE releasing the cards get some very experienced players to try them out and make sure those buffed cards don’t break meta and expecially sealed tourneys (i.e: imagine a Gasher in a Gold tourney, istawin…).
Or simply excude buffed cards from tourneys and make another set for them (but still TEST THEM BEFORE RELEASE).

Also you may want the players to actually do something to get the upgraded version (like crafting an “upgrade kit” with useless old components to use on an old card that has a buffed version) in order to not make these cards availlable to a level 2 that buys his 1st gold pack.

I’d also suggest you not to buff a lot of WB only cards or you’ll make yourself even more unpopular than now.

2) That’s quite a good idea, but there is still an unresolved problem: the mid-low faction that are not able to fight in conquest.
With periodical resets it could be a good idea to make maps for the lower ranked faction an hold a sort of faction championship (like european football divisions):
let’s say we reset monthly, at the end of every month the best factions in #1 map gets lot of rewards, the worst are retrocessed back to map #2, best factions on map #2 gets promoted to map #1 and worst go to map #3 and so on.
All maps are restrict to factions that belongs to that tier, except the last map (#4 would be fair? it depends on size) in which factions can attack from the borderlands to jump in this challenge anytime.
Of course map progressing give more rewards.

Thank you Synapticon for communicating with community this time before revolutioning the game.
Just my 2 cents.

12345ieee

Flag Post
Originally posted by Yzul:

- conquest season :
+1000 ! 3 month and maybe start a second map after 1,5 month so every faction can play.

Nice idea
- Give a second skill (or change it) to some old cards (tiamat: strike 2, enf 2), omega: strike all / strike 1, niaq : poison 3, heli duster: strike 3 / 2 dmg)…

Originally posted by Yzul:

- conquest season :

Nice idea

are you crazy? summon is a very exelent effect more funny

Flag Post
Originally posted by 12345ieee:

1) Reeeeeeally support this, community asked buffing old unique/legendary for a very long time.
But this time I beg you, BEFORE releasing the cards get some very experienced players to try them out and make sure that buffed cards don’t break meta and expecially sealed tourneys (i.e: imagine a Gasher in a Gold tourney, istawin…).

Flag Post

1)
i like the idea of rebalancing the factions. if buffing golden oldies is the way to go i am fine with it but i would prefer a new expansion with buffed oldies in it (e.g. a new Xeno-Tiamat-Card with regeneration).

2)
depends on the “additional rewards”. i would like to c some kind of hall of fame or a faction-achievment-tab.
but i dont like the idea of adding more cards as rewards which will be only in reach of a few factions like Engulfing Horror atm.

Flag Post

Tiamat <3

Can’t wait to see strike decks when all the old strike alls are buffed and combined with IM and Engulfing Horror :D

Flag Post

This has a lot of positive effects: changing the meta up, reducing the effect of the current perceived power creep.

Perceived, you say? Hmm…

Flag Post

WTH is with the topic title?

Flag Post
Originally posted by dsagent:

WTH is with the topic title?

D:

Flag Post

make a uberlegend tiamat with strike all 2! carpet bombing FTW! balance it by putting some uberlegend rules like you cant use other rare cards or your deck size is limit to 5 etc….

urbanlegend will do as well just fyi.

Flag Post

I think buffing the old cards is a great idea. I think it would make sense for you to require the old card to be a reagant with some other components to create the new card. For instance, Tiamat + some Generators = new Tiamat.

Regarding map resets with exclusive rewards, I’m against them. I guess I should be for them because my faction is doing well in Conquest, but it would be cool to get some exclusive rewards, but my concerns are:

1) Part of the fun of Conquest is that it goes on forever, and we’re building alliances and making enemies, etc. If we knew that the map would reset soon, it would take a lot of the fun out of it.

2) The first week of Conquest was absolutely insane, and the time required was over the top. I took days off of work for it. It’s just not conducive to casual gameplay at all. I don’t want to go through that again, and might quit if I had to.

3) The end result of a map reset is going to be roughly the same as it is now. The top factions will once again succeed. Maybe a faction here or there will do better or worse, but for the most part, the best factions won because they’re the most organized/active and have the best cards. The same would happen if there is a reset. I don’t see what a reset accomplishes aside from making us go through the initial crazy land rush again.

I have read a lot of the threads complaining about top factions winning, and no room for smaller factions. I just think that’s inherent in Conquest, and a reset won’t change that. The way to get more factions involved is either by expanding the map (more room for everyone) or making a second map with lesser rewards.

Flag Post

I love any balance tweaking you feel like throwing at us. :)

As for Conquest, my feelings are coming from a casual faction with very little hope of strong coordination. Right now we are sitting completely on the sidelines and are extremely unlikely to ever collect much in the way of Conquest tokens.

Seasons sound interesting but only if they reduce the amount of rich get richer aspects behind the current implementations of Conquest and give the midly interested some reason to participate. RIght now, those in control get more upgrades and more cards and continue to lengthen the divide between hardcore players and casuals. I am all for unique rewards for top factions but I would enjoy some path for casual, laidback factions to crawl their way into Conquest tokens.

Even if it takes us much, much longer to get there, we need the feeling that it is possible to participate in Conquest. A power scale between hardcode and casual is completely justified but not to the degree that us casuals are essentially ignoring feature sets.

So, that being said, I like the idea of splitting the seasons up into leagues so that each faction has to acheive a particular score in a lower league to compete in a higher league. The rewards for higher leagues are access to more cards just like Arena ratings do for players.

“Casuals” will instinctively stay in the lower leagues where they get to play against each other for season rewards and, if they decide to step up their game, they can graduate to the hardcore leagues.

Flag Post

2) Conquest Seasons

First suggestion would make you my favourite person in the whole world. Second sounds interesting and I definitely think it’s worth looking into and maybe trialling. Thanks syn :)