List of outstanding glitches/errors (NOV 2012)

35 posts

Flag Post

Click here for new DEC 2012 list

This is meant to collect all existing glitches and errors in one place for easy overview. This list may not be complete nor show full details of the error.

Fatal errors:
• Various load errors ask the player to refresh the page and try again.
• Sometimes the game freezes upon attempting to load.
• Sometimes the game freezes during battle, due to synchronization issues (or possibly multi-tabbing).
• Live PVP sometimes shows a replay of the previous battle, often forcing you to refresh the page to fix.
• Sometimes when you refresh the game, it asks you if you’d like to resume the previous battle, but the battle proceeds to crash the game.

Major glitches:
• Live PVP synchronization issues, including playing wrong cards and seeing the wrong cards on the field, often causing strange logic errors such as Structures attacking Assaults or invisible Assault cards activating skills.
• Tournaments sometimes display the wrong points earned/lost or displays Victory when it should say Defeat and vice versa.
• Cards sometimes disappear from your deck and inventory.
• Cards sometimes duplicate themselves temporarily.
• Sometimes achievements don’t trigger properly.
• Cards sometimes disappear mid-battle, due to synchronization issues.
• Sometimes, Stamina vanishes after leveling up.
• Sometimes, the game complains that you are currently in an active battle when you aren’t.
• Massive summoning sometimes causes the game to hang or display wrong results.

Minor visual glitches:
• Cards sometimes shows up in random places during battle.
• Sometimes hand messes up, showing cards in wrong places.
• Status effects sometimes don’t disappear when they should.
• Sometimes card images or component images don’t display.
• Various typos in the game’s dialog.
• New Promo updates can cause the game the display Infantries instead of the new Promo cards.
• Some players are unable to see battleground icons in the middle of the Conquest map.
• Sometimes leveling up falsely shows that your Stamina is being refilled, but it isn’t really.

Minor nuisances:
• Decks don’t show up in the same order on the Home screen versus the Deck edtior screen.
• Hitting “Do Again” too quickly after finishing a mission may cause you to exit to the Map screen.
• Sometimes, if you have exactly enough energy or stamina to start a new battle, the game will complain that you don’t have enough and your energy/stamina is lowered by 1 point. At other times, your energy/stamina displays less stamina than you really have. It updates only after a battle that requires energy/stamina.
• Sometimes game asks “Do you want to keep your cards?” when you have already chosen and are trying to press fight.


Reportedly Fixed:
• Resuming a Surge faction battle changes the battle into a regular Fight faction battle.
• Tournaments almost always show the wrong amount of points and rank.
• Tournaments sometimes leave you with no commander in your deck, preventing the player from participating.
• Deck names do not support the character “0” (zero). (Tested be purely a client-side problem.)
• Special characters, like accents, don’t work in Tyrant (no longer allowed to be typed)
• Tyrant GUI client has integer overflow (unsigned 32-bit integer) on last_post parameter of getNewFactionMessages API call. This causes all messages to be returned, instead of only new messages. Confirmed to be a client-side problem only, as the server correctly returns only new messages if a proper last_post parameter is passed.

 
Flag Post

very thorough list. i think this is pretty comprehensive and I cant think of anything to add.

Thanks for taking the time to make this list. Making it easier for the devs will probably increase the chances of them fixing the errors.

 
Flag Post

Sometimes game asks “Do you want to keep your cards?” When you have already chosen and are trying to press fight.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by lonelyterrorist:

Sometimes game asks “Do you want to keep your cards?” When you have already chosen and are trying to press fight.

Really? That’s the first time I’ve heard of this. Does it let you fight?

 
Flag Post

Another Minor nuisance:
Deck names dont support character ZERO (0), I can confirm that is only a client-side problem.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Another Minor nuisance:
Deck names dont support character ZERO (0) and I can confirm that is only a client-side problem.

Is that why there is an entire faction that has an irrational fear of this card?! D8

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

• Sometimes, if you have exactly enough energy or stamina to start a new battle, the game will complain that you don’t have enough and your energy/stamina is lowered by 1 point.

Now is even more bad, somtime you are back of 10+ energy on what you really have and the game will not recognize the error until you do a battle or refresh the page.

Just one minute ago i refreshed and passed from 83 to 96 energy.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Xyrus_G:
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

Another Minor nuisance:
Deck names dont support character ZERO (0) and I can confirm that is only a client-side problem.

Is that why there is an entire faction that has an irrational fear of this card?! D8

Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

ZeroPhobia in action.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Maharid:
Originally posted by Moraku:

• Sometimes, if you have exactly enough energy or stamina to start a new battle, the game will complain that you don’t have enough and your energy/stamina is lowered by 1 point.

Now is even more bad, somtime you are back of 10+ energy on what you really have and the game will not recognize the error until you do a battle or refresh the page.

Just one minute ago i refreshed and passed from 83 to 96 energy.

That’s just the opposite of what I wrote. It’s basically your game was lagging and displays less energy than what you really have. Much less of a nuisance than the one I wrote down, but I guess this is still a known inconsistency. I’ll add it to the OP along with DarkBlood1’s suggestion.

 
Flag Post

Moraku: “(This appears to be a client-side problem.)”.

ITS A CLIENT SIDE PROBLEM!!! I already tested, I sent a packet to the game simulating a deck name change with a 0 characters and was accepted (“result:true”) then when I refreshed the game I saw correctly the 0 in the deck name, so its not a display bug, just a simple error with the code to filter special characters.

Also if anyone want to know I tried to send more amount of characters than normal for the deck name and its not possible, the server returns result:false, this means that the server is programmed fine, protecting the limit of characters by server-side.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:
Originally posted by lonelyterrorist:

Sometimes game asks “Do you want to keep your cards?” When you have already chosen and are trying to press fight.

Really? That’s the first time I’ve heard of this. Does it let you fight?

You can fight if you press cancel and navigate to the tournament again via Battle > View. I haven’t tried pressing yes or no, assuming it would waste some gold.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by protoflare:

You can fight if you press cancel and navigate to the tournament again via Battle > View. I haven’t tried pressing yes or no, assuming it would waste some gold.

Hm, sounds like it would be categorized as a minor nuisance then.

 
Flag Post

If a tournament has just 1 player the prize should be the full buyin, currently it is zero.

 
Flag Post

first time today in tourney I saw a new glitch (compared to what I’ve seen before)
first card disappeared, and then I had 4 cards in my hand…although not the one which had disappeared, although it came later…totally haywire…

 
Flag Post

accents do not work in faction chat

 
Flag Post

Minor nuisance: Tyrant GUI client has integer overflow (unsigned 32-bit integer) on last_post parameter of getNewFactionMessages API call. This causes all messages to be returned, instead of only new messages. Confirmed to be a client-side problem only, as the server correctly returns only new messages if a proper last_post parameter is passed.

Probably could save bandwidth of the gigabyte-per-day order of magnitude if this was fixed. LOL.

Example:
Client sends getFactionMessages.
Server sends back an array of 50 messages. The last post_id is 4958409002.
Now, client sends getfactionMessages with a last_post of… you guessed it, 663441706!
Wait, what? That’s not what I guessed! Oh, right, 663441706 + 232 = 4958409002. Oops.
Server sends back… ALL 50 messages again because, of course, all of those messages have IDs greater than 663441706. Of course, none of these messages are new messages. And now we’ve just wasted about 5 kilobytes of bandwidth.
And the server and client are going to repeat this conversation periodically too. This really adds up…

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by leftylink:

Minor nuisance: Tyrant GUI client has integer overflow (unsigned 32-bit integer) on last_post parameter of getNewFactionMessages API call. This causes all messages to be returned, instead of only new messages. Confirmed to be a client-side problem only, as the server correctly returns only new messages if a proper last_post parameter is passed.

Probably could save bandwidth of the gigabyte-per-day order of magnitude if this was fixed. LOL.

Example:
Client sends getFactionMessages.
Server sends back an array of 50 messages. The last post_id is 4958409002.
Now, client sends getfactionMessages with a last_post of… you guessed it, 663441706!
Wait, what? That’s not what I guessed! Oh, right, 663441706 + 232 = 4958409002. Oops.
Server sends back… ALL 50 messages again because, of course, all of those messages have IDs greater than 663441706. Of course, none of these messages are new messages. And now we’ve just wasted about 5 kilobytes of bandwidth.
And the server and client are going to repeat this conversation periodically too. This really adds up…

Thats explain the bug with the chat when a new faction is created, the first messages keeps repeating every 2 secs.

But its ok how Tyrant works, cant sent only “new messages” because this game is a simple webpage in php, not an online game, not uses save file, and you can make the client to intelligently request only the real new messages from the server but you cant ensure that the user have read all the old messages, so at the end you will have to request all the messages because the server dont know when the user has the game opened, standby or closed.

 
Flag Post

Found that glitch again with the rebuy tournament thing

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by technoale:

accents do not work in faction chat

actually faction chat support only Latin letters.
i am not sure if its a glitch or something, just the way it was programmed…

 
Flag Post

There was an annoying behaviour earlier when, if you placed cards in your deck, the card list got all swapped. While this doesn’t happen anymore in default settings, if you sort the cards by atk/health/CD, it still happens.

 
Flag Post

Sometimes a card can be irremovable from a deck. I’ve had an asylum stuck in one of my decks for over 3 months now. When clicked to be taken out of the deck, the game momentarily pauses and where it says “All Skills” goes blank for a few seconds.

 
Flag Post

All these glitches have been here pre-Awakening at the very least, a few of them at least pre-crafting, devs know all this shit. Question is: are you gonna pay them OT to fix it while they make money releasing Occupation?

 
Flag Post

Thanks for this list! I’ve sent it to Syn and DaWayne. These threads make it easier for us to fix problems.

 
Flag Post

DOn’t know if it’s a bug:

In sealed. opponent skips and I do not during a long turn. My next turn, I timed out or almost no time left to draw, even though I got more than 1 card. Timer seems to start when 1st person skips.

 
Flag Post

I like it when i get card duplicates :D