Gentlement Agreement Tile Swapping

158 posts

Flag Post

In the past days, there was a lot of discussions about tile swapping and i believe those discussions are also necessary. Since you can gain a lot of FP just through organization and without fighting for it.

We can either wait till the dev find a fix for it, or stop it voluntary. If the majority of conquest active factions participate, we would stopping tile swap for FP.

I suggest a start date, in 3 days so that other faction have time to discuss if they like to be part of it … Or can give back tiles they owe another factions.

Participating Factions:
Tyrants Club
Dragons
Italians
Germans
Mom
XCom
Prex
ZeroPhobia

Flag Post

Since tile-swapping was a necessity (=other factions were doing it), but we don’t like it…
Italian agree.

Flag Post

Tyrant….where clueless devs can’t control their features/exploits and the playerbase have to make up for…….

Flag Post

Signed by X-COM.

We never did it anyway.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DinoCro:

Signed by X-COM.

We never did it anyway.

welcome to the club :) Or more likely you welcome us, i would be happy if the other faction who don’t do it and are on the map sign it too.

Flag Post

Signed by me. My faction will not tile swap.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ralkkdillon:

warlike brother now?

Flag Post

How about we pinky swear instead?

Flag Post

No swap sock humper

Flag Post
Originally posted by Griever514:

Tyrant….where clueless devs can’t control their features/exploits and the playerbase have to make up for…….

Yeah, no kidding. Ridiculous.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ralkkdillon:

Your faction will TAKE

Flag Post

Why was tile swapping necessary in the first place?

Just because someone exploited loophole means everyone must do the same?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Viiew:

Why was tile swapping necessary in the first place?

Just because someone exploited loophole means everyone must do the same?

Basically yes, if you wanna keep up in the rankings

Flag Post

Lol even if everyone agrees it wouldnt even work because of the sweet sweet FP.

Flag Post

Prisoner’s dilemma much?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Showza18:

How about we Pinkie swear instead?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Seizan_7:
Originally posted by Showza18:

How about we Pinkie swear instead?

Flag Post

Cross my heart, hope to fly – stick a cupcake in my AAAAHH

Flag Post

hang loss on tile thing got exposed and made “legit” by dev → everyone does it

tile trading got exposed → everyone does it

if raping / robbery were made legal → ???

Flag Post

Said this more then a month ago, and going to say it again. Until the Dev go about fixing fake “war”, conquest will be a big joke.

Originally posted by ohnonooh:
Originally posted by gjw666:
Originally posted by kevinexmx:

I think its very interesting, but how would a level 5 faction move out when it hits level 6?

I would envision that the tiles would be held but no new tiles in that ‘old’ level area would be able to be captured or recaptured.

Over time there would be a natural wastage either through the abandon tile feature (maybe 1 tile is forced to be abandoned in the old area per day) or through the faction gaining new tiles and needing to defend.

Good question though, I hadnt fully worked out how the transition would work in my mind, but I think a forced abandon of 1 tile per day in the old area would work…

Forcing players to fight among themselves within a pre determined “border” is never going to work, or at the most, work to the extend of how you define it(in other words, everyone is just going to have a nap aka non aggressive pact.)

Yes that is what will happen within every layer of that box. Everyone are in the same ship and since everyone almost have similar firepower, by human nature, the best way out of it is to divide the borders equally so everyone can just sit back and enjoy without fighting it out.

What you need is incentive for fighting someone on par with your faction and not bottom feed. Something like faction war where declaring someone near your range yield more points earn if you win(right now it is just trading of a SINGLE tile regardless of strength, thus all the bullying)

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

Intrinsic vs. extrinsic morality:

Compare and contrast jay-walking with pre-meditated murder motivated by superfluous resource accessibility.

Hint: Regulatory prohibitions are generally not an issue of morality.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

Yeah that probably made more sense in your head.

Flag Post

Add PREX to the list, we have never tile swapped and never will (except to change tile ownership permanently).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aapje:

Add PREX to the list, we have never tile swapped and never will (except to change tile ownership permanently).

atleast one serious post again, since i think hope you are back on the map soon.

Flag Post

signs MoM up for the no-swap list