Free tyrant is DEAD

116 posts

Flag Post

Well, everyone was complaining that we need packs that CAN be collected. Devs released HW more than a year ago, and that was the last gold buyable pack, even that not many has been able to put together. But that does not matter anymore since those card are mostly not usable anymore. Ok, beside let’s say 5 exceptions. Definitely does not worth 60 K gold. Oh well, maybe it does due to the facto that GOLD IS DEAD and there is nothing else to buy.

You cannot do anything with gold anymore. What we have is more and more new types of currencies. And what you can do with them is basically to convert them to other forms of wortless currencies.

When I was complaining that Awakening is not free at all people said that at least you can get one every week. So what. If you were lucky enough to get some of the usable card, good for you. If you got 5 skiffs, you are out of the game since you will never be able to get the usable awakening cards anymore. So how free awakening sounds anymore? Now the same will happen to terminus, and so on and so on. There are 3-5 real gamechanger cards in each pack, and it is all pure luck whether you get them or not. You could get some 15 awakening packs, 8 Terminus and so on.

Even paying people or unable and at some point just not willing to keep up with this trend. The free player base is shrinking, so if devs want to keep this shit up and running, they should seriously reconsider the current currency system and make this collectible cardgame to something that is actually collectible…

So what do we have: 10+ of currencies that either not accessible or worthless (GOLD, piston, nexus beacon, generator, artemis generator, fuson generator, Capacitor, Hive capacitor, Gateway Node, Awakening Shard, Terminus Shard)

Two artificially limited currency that allows you to get 2 rares a week: The actual shard + conquest token. Out of which the latter is only available to the 630 most active members.

A tendency where each and every new pack consists more rares than common + uncommon altogether. There are mainly 1-2 common uncommon that is usable in a pack and some 20% of the new rares. As a result if you are really good you can get 1-2 usable card every month, unless you buy some from wb, but that is it. No chance to complete ANY NEW PACKS. No chance to get but a few usable new cards. And we should be happy about it.

But what do we expect. They were unable to make nexus accessible for gold after 2000 posts. So right I feel more than ever. Free tyrant is DEAD.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

So much QQ in this topic, but I’m fully agreed.

Time to consider QQuitting.

Flag Post

Ah and before I get the “but devs should get some money after all” I note that I have spent 1600 WB in the past year, but that is the max I am willing to invest into virtual cards in a year. Even that is more that what the general user will pay for this game, so I do think I have every right to criticize what is going on here and how devs betray the playerbase.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

I’m lvl 100

+3

Flag Post

+1/0

Flag Post

Fully agreed. If this trend is going on there really won’t be a point of continuing to play as a (free) player. Yes I’m sorta happy that I can buy some OLD packs with tokens – 99.8% of which cards are useless so its rather for the illusion of completion.
My first step is to change my current rating, and if this trend is going further I’ll quit as well. It seems that they will keep releasing so many new shards that in the end every shard will have around 1% drop chance….

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Lower drop rate = higher quit rate = dead game = no monnies for the devs :P
+1

Flag Post

+1
I’m experiencing less and less fun with this game.
Maybe time to move on…

Flag Post

cslaci is too right, sadly…

Flag Post

It would make complete sense for the devs to, after they release a new pack, make the old packs buyable for gold. People are still going to buy the new packs for a competitive advantage, but the old packs should be fair game for free players when the new ones are out.

The gold cost could be around 100,000 so that people cannot spam them.

Flag Post

+1
Logged in the game to do quests. Saw the new currency. QQ.
Tyrant is dead for me. At least for now.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

this is a joke they added shards so u guys could get free cards and u still complain. jesus get over it

Flag Post

According to the BBB, $yn makes about 11-15K USD per month. Granted, that is a gross value range, but still. I’d guess that their net income would be around 7-10K, based on the gross estimates.

The point?

No one should be saying ANYTHING along the lines of “omg devs need to eat too!!!!!” I’m quite sure they’d still be making a nice profit if they introduced, say, another gold pack.

Flag Post

You must have a really low self esteem if you are satisfied how devs currently honor your effort and time and money nowadays. Really, max 2 free usable cards a month. Oh great tyrant gods, thank you.

But I might just move to a different game if nothing changes that does not treat me like crap.

Originally posted by jfenz101:

this is a joke they added shards so u guys could get free cards and u still complain. jesus get over it

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Semi WBer here, spent at least $120 here in the past year and a half.
+1 The more ridiculous the amount the devs want the player base to spend on the game, the less likely someone will spend money. Demand is inversely related to price. In fact, I was going to buy bonds from Christmas until I saw a forum post saying that occupation was going to come so soon after Terminus.
I am seriously considering taking the money I would have spent on Tyrant somewhere else, since, with so many new packs, you need to spend even more money to get most of the best cards compared with the past. Half of the new packs consisting of rares and an artificially large ratio of legendaries doesn’t help either
You devs also have to consider the ad revenue from all the players on Kongregate Tyrant. Losing a large portion of that would significantlt dent your profits.
Greed can bring down any business. I sincerily hope Tyrant does not go that way, given the money I’ve already spent, but it is inevitable given the current mindset of the Devs.

Flag Post

+1