[Dev] Universal Shard proposal

199 posts

Flag Post

Everyone wants it, so here’s our proposal:

-Combine all shards into one “universal shard” that can be spent on all packs which currently have Shards.
-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards. This is to prevent players from hoarding shards for a new expansion and being able to buy all packs of a new set. (Note: this would NOT remove shards you have over this cap, nor would it prevent you from getting the bonus shards on an event release. All this cap would do is prevent you from getting new shards via Quests/Chance until you spend the ones you have.)
-Shard drop rate: about 75% from Daily Chance, 50% chance for 1 from Quests and a 50% chance for 2 from quests: about 2.25/day on average. This is just under 1 pack every 4 days.

The alternative is to stick with what we have now. What do you guys think?

Flag Post

2 shards (and only 2).

• A new shard (would be occupation for this release)
  • Universal shard

With a new release, the new shard gets added to the universal shard count.

Flag Post

-1 to cap
+9000 to universal
Kinda meh about not raising the overall drop rate. There are 3 packs for 1 shard after all.

And why the hell did you not do this before the update?

Flag Post

Yes.

I need not say more!

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

2 shards (and only 2).

*A new shard (would be occupation for this release)

• Universal shard

This seems like an unnecessary extra step if we go universal

Flag Post
Originally posted by synapticon:

2 shards (and only 2).

*A new shard (would be occupation for this release)

• Universal shard

There’s no need for a cap of 2 shards with this, as players can’t hoard for the next set.

Flag Post

2 shards (and only 2).

• Universal shard

It prevents the need for a cap. Also, it allows players to focus more on the new set for its initial release, and if they really think it’s a bad set, then they can wait for the conversion

Flag Post

+9001

Flag Post

2 shards (and only 2).

• Universal shard

It prevents the need for a cap.

I don’t understand what the problem with a cap is unless you want to stockpile, which is what we’re trying to avoid. This seems still overly complicated.

Flag Post

Good idea. But, think the cap should be 22 or 23, just in case there overflow, but still not hoarding up to an extra 10.

Might be worth also be worth only converting that many shards in the change over, as I believe some people have a lot of shard already hoarded/collected.

Flag Post

I don’t understand what the problem with a cap is unless you want to stockpile, which is what we’re trying to avoid. This seems still overly complicated.

What’s wrong with stockpiling?

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

Seems legit, thanks for listening

Flag Post

2 shards (and only 2).

• Universal shard

QUIT REPLYING MY POSTS BEFORE I GET TO FINISH EDITING! </s>

It’s relatively close the current system, and places the focus on the new releases and will require people to think about the current skills, instead of fixating on the past. For what it’s worth, imo, people need to not focus on finishing old sets, and instead on getting the new cards, and this would help there.

Also stockpiling OLD shards is not an issue. Stockpiling for the new release is eliminated with my solution.

Flag Post

+1 to universal

What about the free 25 wb ?

Flag Post

Funny how players will never be happy, even after several suggestions by the devs in one day. at least its progress

Flag Post

-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards.

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

Flag Post

2 shards (and only 2).

• Universal shard

this would help to get more packs bought as well. because new shards can be either a) obtainable only for WB b) obtainable with low chance

no need to invent bicycle. check WOW. it’s live there for a very loooong time already. and everyone’s quite happy about it.

edit: no need to invent new shard with each update. there can be always be 2 defined ones. “new” and “old”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:

-Add a cap of 20 on the total number of shards.

please please please, dont do it. you will ruined the whole fun i have left in tyrant :(
let me get 1k shards first then do what you want, but please dont cap them. ok? please?

But.. why ;_;

Flag Post

YESSSSS!!! DREAM COME TRUE!

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post

This would only be a partial solution to our current problems. Better than nothing, but only eliminates 2 of the 11 useless currencies.

While you release packs where there are more gold than common / uncommon, please think about that this is supposed to be a COLLECTIBLE card game. I REALLY HATE that it is impossible to get many of the cards even if you pay hundreds of dollars for this game.

Shard droprate should NOT be random. Seriously try and get rid of the frustration, but you never learn. If someone gets 1 shard it GENERATES frustration. If he gets 4 tokens in 4 days, it is a perfectly valid pattern for a PRNG. BUT that guy will go total mad and frustrated. Why do you want it?

Make it FIX drop. 2 shards per quest, PERIOD. remove the random crap, it hurts the game only. But it will still not solve the problem of other components and gold, and that is getting really urgent since the component selling did not solve anything at all.

If you do not come up with a way how this game gets agains COLLECTIBLE you are screwing with yourself. Why would it hurt if someone could get the Blight cards within a reasonable time? Or the nexus? Those are mostly worthless yet collecting is FUN. but you remove that part and the frustration that remains. Why would it hurt the game if people would be able to get Ragnarok? right now people have two chance? Never have it, or pay an avg of 800 WB. It does not worth the price, so it is just a not accessible part of the game.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

What’s wrong with stockpiling?

2 things i guess

To prevent
- The player getting the strongest cards instantly and that trend might get popular ,
- The player getting 100 joltrek skiff clones instantly

Flag Post

On a new ex[pansion, would be receive universal shards, or be forced to buy the new pack?
I’d personally rather them all be universal (easier to implement), except for the first free pack on release.

Flag Post

I’d say keep the current, but put universal shards in daily chance, with a way to turn the universal shard into any other shard type. But that’d make thing even more complex and people would bitch haha.