[To Devs] An honest to god boycott thread

30 posts

Flag Post

I don’t know, I think the forums need this. I am well aware that A LOT of players are frustrated with the direction this game is headed. I also understand that the devs make a finite amount of money from this game alone. However, with that understanding, I am boycotting the buying of WBs until we have some type of conversation about the rate/expectation of players to spend an insane amount of money on packs with an extremely higher rate of rare/legendary cards per release. I am not the biggest WB player in the game, but I understand the value of money. What I see is the chances of obtaining cards that will be useful in the current meta/moving forward decreasing as the number of useless rare/legendary cards are shoved into an expansion.

My proposal, no expansion should have over 1/3 of the cards be rare/legendary. Also, “mini”-packs should be just that…mini. That means 20-25 cards per pack, since the average expansion before Awakening had 50-60 cards…and now full expansions have 90 cards. If you want more money I will happily provide ideas to monetize the game which would make WB players and free players happy.

However at this junction…you have made a long-time fan of the game want to quit, and I suspect I am not the only one.

Flag Post

I don’t want to quit. but if the devs don’t let the meta settle, don’t stop pressing new (“free”) expansions on us, introduce cards into the vault on time, they aren’t getting my odd $20 every couple of months. If I’m just one of a thousand players (silly enough to spend rl money but not crazy enough to run the pack lottery), then that amounts to $20,000 in lost revenue every couple of months from the casual but paying player base.

Flag Post

I put a bit more than $20 every couple of months in, and I am in agreement with MSU and LDV.

This first expansion of occupation is likely the last that I spend money on because I am not getting usable cards out of it. Terminus still hasn’t made it to the vault (speaking of which, is annoying as hell… I need to log in every 3ish hours so I don’t miss cards I might want).

Broken games don’t get my money.

And another pet-peeve of mine. Rare means (among several things) exhibiting uncommon excellence. These rares don’t.

And if they devs say anything about “shards making packs ‘free’”, I might punch a baby or something.

Flag Post

I have a spent a dollar here and there and support this thread.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:

However at this junction…you have made a long-time fan of the game want to quit, and I suspect I am not the only one.

+1

i stoped buying WBs after metalworks got introduced; a game breaking card just made to drain players WBs. drac/zarak was already broken at its time but metalworks toped it.

and it’s not just the cards, but also how conquest works and how packs are getting released,… everything seems just developed to drain more and more WBs.

i never have been a heavy WBer. But I enjoyed the game, and in the past it just felt right/ok to support it with the purchase of WBs from time to time even i am not a card collector. things have changed t.t

Flag Post

I will buy wb when terminus comes into vault.

Flag Post

I have certainly spent a few bucks on this game. At no time did I find myself as ill-used as when it was announced that Occupation was being released, only a month after Terminus. They’ve obviously run the data and found that it is more profitable to do it this way; by squeezing the addicted whales. I really didn’t mind how much I spent before, as I could delude myself that the game was worth it. But when you keep seeing the faster and faster releases, the myriad of unfixed bugs, the increasing ratio of pay:free content, weakening in quality and quantity of ancillary content (spelling and grammatical errors in thoughtless dialogue boxes, bye bye side missions), Synapticon’s pursuit of other projects, etc, it gets harder and harder to get away from the inescapable truth that Tyrant is no longer a labor of love for the company, and it shows in the integrity and quality of its main product. I shouldn’t care more about a product than its creator. I won’t be complying with a full boycott right now, but I certainly will not be straining as hard to complete sets as I used to (partially out of a wish to support the game). I no longer feel like I owe this company anything for the enjoyment I have received playing this game. I was thinking about quitting this week, first time since the game started, actually went a few days with wasted energy and stam, but not quite ready to go yet, we will see.

Flag Post

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dakota337:

I have a spent a dollar here and there and support this thread.

Flag Post

you can play tyrant just dont spend money i have never spent warbonds and have a pretty good deck

Flag Post

I spent quite a bit on this game, never regret it since I got enjoyment out of it. Occupation however, really put me off. There are so many things need and should be fixed now before anything new released. Tourney bugs (still there after 1 year), broken conquest (hopefully get fixed soon), the whole shard issue, pay/free player gap. I appreciated the work devs put in with new pack/ new content ( free content as well i.e. special event) but maybe you should slow it down a bit, polish the game.

Mini pack should be done like Phobo Aftermath, rares should be rares. Sure there will always be useless rares but damn, I never saw so many crappy ones packed in one tiny 30 cards pack. The quality/ balance of cards has gone down significantly from Awakening —> Terminus —> Occupation. When the card is overpower, it truly is; and when it sucks, oh boy does it suck hard. I used to have certain budget for new packs ( it’s more than couple of dollars); now it’s just wait & see with 2nd/3rd Occupation

I won’t quit but gotta say, I’m much less enthusiastic with the new packs/ new content/ new direction and i can speak the same for a lots of my faction mates who log in less and less everyday.

Flag Post

the STRIKE! is back!

Flag Post

1. Spent a fair amount of money on the game. (not insane… but fair.)
2. Was worth it.
3. Packs coming out at an absurd rate. (which makes the whole token system absolutely corrupt)
4. Game needs to be HEAVILY polished
5. ???
6. (no more) PROFIT!

at least from me… until most bugs are gone, and the game is polished.

Flag Post

We have a rich getting richer endgame scenario right now. The difference between a WB and a non-WB cardpool is ever growing and represents a pretty nasty cliff for upcoming and newer players to climb if they want to participate in conquest, join or create a competitive faction and scrap in open tournaments.

I’ve spent my share of WB but would gladly welcome opening older packs to gold sums. Ideally there would be a rotation where newer packs are WB available or with conquest tokens, and older packs are put on a sliding gold scale.

Flag Post

I am going to buy so many WBs that I will have this game all to myself.

Flag Post

I’m another person who has spent my fair share on the game. It’s a great game and worth spending some money if you play as much as many of us have. I don’t really have an issue with Occupation, other than the fact that it sucks, new content is always cool. However, Devs, listen to the players on this. Gold is seriously a joke and has been for a long time. Purity/Nexus/Blight packs do not have enough game-changing cards to where you are still making money off them in the vault. It would be very easy to give free players those cards without the labors of conquest. Also, the issue of crappy rares is very real and very frustrating. It entirely ruins the notion of packs from quest because if someone gets 4 crappy ones in a row they may just decide to quit from frustration. Yes, it will even out once you get 100, but that isn’t going to happen anytime soon. I appreciate the work you guys are trying to put in, but the now that the free and wb players are getting kinda screwed, it’s time to take notice.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

I don’t want to quit. but if the devs don’t let the meta settle, don’t stop pressing new (“free”) expansions on us, introduce cards into the vault on time, they aren’t getting my odd $20 every couple of months. If I’m just one of a thousand players (silly enough to spend rl money but not crazy enough to run the pack lottery), then that amounts to $20,000 in lost revenue every couple of months from the casual but paying player base.

I agree with ladolcevita on everything.

Flag Post

I’m a WBer ($15 per month). Regardless of any boycott, IMO there’s nothing to sensibly spend WBs on. Promos are poor, upgrades I’m done with, ancient packs are ancient, and I refuse to buy shard packs because the odds of getting needed cards are terrible. I believe that leaves the Vault … which is a dice-roll and is missing the cards I want (you know what they are).

Flag Post
Originally posted by Hoschisack:
Originally posted by Dakota337:

I have a spent hundreds of dollars here and there and support this thread.

fixed

Flag Post
Originally posted by Redlaw:

As someone that usually drops at least $100 on new packs and such, I am in agreement as well and will not buy any warbonds until many elements within the game are fixed.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadevarr:
Originally posted by Redlaw:

As someone that usually drops at least $100 on new packs and such, I am in agreement as well and will not buy any warbonds until many elements within the game are fixed.

What I have already said and what they said.

Flag Post

Agreed. I buy some WBs as well…won’t be happening again until most of the aforementioned problems have been fixed… Help new players get in the game, help them stay and don’t make them feel incompetent, fix those bugs, balance newer vs older packs, in general do something except releasing random new packs for some quick income… Don’t let the game die slowly! I’m afraid that unless you do something fast, it may not even be faster than I’m afraid.

Flag Post

I guess only inexperienced player buy packs for WB, for they are better off buying that 3 cards individually at the vault. (every 2months)

Edit:
You see, let them wait till they hit the vault makes ppl happy and emparrass the other ones ;)
(meaning this game is broken (almost) no skill needed anymore to play this game)

Flag Post

I’ve spend a little bit of money (400 kreds) on this game, it was worth it in getting Dracorex and clinging me onto this game. Right now, Tyrant is looking worse. I enjoyed side missions, the new expansions are far too big and things are getting released far too quickly. I had barely settled into the Terminus metagame before Occupation was released, and it’s being released in 3 mini packs, which is a terrible idea.

Also, devs ignore my attempts to contact them, despite making threads and PMing the moderator. We need moderators that care about the game, which will allow Tyrant to get better. Devs are being lazy.

So yeah, I’m not going to buy any WBs, which are still very high priced…

Flag Post

So… non-WBers annoyed, and WBers annoyed?
Wow. Just… wow.