[Guide for Devs] Tyrant Monetization

43 posts

Flag Post

Devs suck. To preserve the game, let’s help the devs think of way to make money from the game without destroying the game in the process. o gawd we’ve come to this …

Suggestions would be welcome:

 
Flag Post

1. Allow the duplication of any card using WB. Charge 50WB for non-reward cards from older sets, 100WB for cards from the current set. Big red shiny [BUY] buttons are like Alice with cake.

2. Make faction creation require WB. kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

3. Sell ads for faction recruitment. All recruiting is now “private”. Use WB to unlock “public”.

 
Flag Post

Been there, done that.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/225235
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/193987-flaws-of-the-wb-system-how-to-improve-it

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

Been there, done that.
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/225235

wow. needs more.

 
Flag Post

Personalised commander crafting! You submit a picture (eg yourself smoking a big fat cigar) and a commander card (eg Freddie) and pay 50 WBs. Synap adds a mushroom cloud / Tiamat in the background or something, and gives you a unique copy of the Freddie card stats-wise, but with your pic in his place. Maybe you even get to name it.

 
Flag Post

Pay 10 WB to transform a normal card into a SHINY CARD!! O:
This way we could get shiny reward cards :D

 
Flag Post

1. WB purchase of components other than gateway nodes.

2. Nominal WB to access new side missions (1 or 2 WB to unlock)

3. Skins! The tyrant artist is pretty good. Give 2 or 3 freebies and then slap down some WB-only.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ArutsuruKun:

Pay 10 WB to transform a normal card into a SHINY CARD!! O:
This way we could get shiny reward cards :D

 
Flag Post

add -10 WB to daily crate for more thrill? it wont hurt non-WBuyer to much .

 
Flag Post

1. Reset of raid timer — 5 WB
2. Reset of quest timer — 10 WB
3. Unlock all Arena rewards (without 7500 rating on arena)200 WB
4. Unlock all Reputation rewards — 500 WB
5. Unlock all Raid rewards — 750 WB
6. Unlock all Faction rewards — 1000 WB
7. Unlock all Level rewards — 750 WB
8. Basic Components pack (50 generators, 15 fusion generators, 5 artemis generators, 10 pistons and nexus beacons, 5 capacitors and hive capacitors)25 WB
9. Standard Components pack (110 generators, 35 fusion generators, 12 artemis generators, 25 pistons and nexus beacons, 12 capacitors and hive capacitors)50 WB
10. Elite Components pack (250 generators, 80 fusion generators, 30 artemis generators, 60 pistons and nexus beacons, 30 capacitors and hive capacitors)100 WB
11. Promo card collector’s certificate (-5 WB price of cards in Promo Vault)300 WB
12. Reward card collector’s certificate (-5 WB price of cards in Reward Vault)250 WB
13. Premium vault upgrade (-5 WB price of Rare cards in Vault, makes all Rares available in Vault)1000 WB

 
Flag Post

11) 40conquest token – 75wb …………. oh wait

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ohnonooh:

11) 40conquest token – 75wb …………. oh wait

Why not btw?

I’m ok if someone, who doesn’t want to play conquest, will have their English British Horror for WBs.

 
Flag Post

BUFF PROMO CARDS. People will want them ($$$) and people who already have them (Warbonders) will be happy spenders!

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:

add -10 WB to daily crate for more thrill? it wont hurt non-WBuyer to much .

I finally saved up 25 WB, don’t you dare suggest this!

 
Flag Post

I can’t give lower than 1 starz…I just can’t :’(

 
Flag Post

Make LE cards (exclusive hades, exclusive hephatat, event cards after a while, exclusive halycon the corrupt, T-46) able to be purchased in the reward vault. (With Hades and Hephatat, possibly limit it to those who already have the original version). And for those having exclusive hades or halycon the corrupt, make original available the same way.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Golden119:

BUFF PROMO CARDS. People will want them ($$$) and people who already have them (Warbonders) will be happy spenders!

Credo Master

5/8/2
Summon Credo Defender v2
Armored 3
Anti Air 3

Credo Defender v2
2/8/1

Supply 2
Protect 2
Intercept

Grim Specter
4/8/2

Fear
Evade
Refresh

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skolu:
Originally posted by Golden119:

BUFF PROMO CARDS. People will want them ($$$) and people who already have them (Warbonders) will be happy spenders!

Credo Master

5/8/2
Summon Credo Defender v2
Armored 3
Anti Air 3

Credo Defender v2
2/8/1

Supply 2
Protect 2
Intercept

Grim Specter
4/8/2

Fear
Evade
Refresh

Get out of my head.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skolu:
Originally posted by Aquatar:

add -10 WB to daily crate for more thrill? it wont hurt non-WBuyer to much .

I finally saved up 25 WB, don’t you dare suggest this!

which brings me to a new idea… button to skip daily crate: 5 WBs

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Moonfrost:
Originally posted by ohnonooh:

11) 40conquest token – 75wb …………. oh wait

Why not btw?

I’m ok if someone, who doesn’t want to play conquest, will have their English British Horror for WBs.

But that means it cost more then a legendary :( What a horror

 
Flag Post

allow players to get higher shards cap
i will pay 200 wb if devs will raise my shards cap to 1001.
tell them please, they are going to take my shards :’{ (its worse then steal a candy from a baby)

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by TheGil:

allow players to get higher shards cap
i will pay 200 wb if devs will raise my shards cap to 1001.
tell them please, they are going to take my shards :’{ (its worse then steal a candy from a baby)

What is your count at btw?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by ohnonooh:
Originally posted by TheGil:

allow players to get higher shards cap
i will pay 200 wb if devs will raise my shards cap to 1001.
tell them please, they are going to take my shards :’{ (its worse then steal a candy from a baby)

What is your count at btw?

207 awa, 85 term, 16 occu 308 total

 
Flag Post

My proposal

1.  Remove shards
2.  Make *all* packs available for GOLD (100k/pack for the latest set is a starting point). 
    For the first bit, you will have those that stockpiled gold having an advantage. 
    It won't last if you follow the rest of this. 
    AT NO POINT SHOULD THE LATEST PACK EVER EXCEED 100k/pack.
3.  Make older packs availible for less gold. Maybe 10k per release. Maybe 10% less per release. 
    It's your call. Set a minimum (I would think 10k is reasonable).
4.  Promo cards need to be purchasable with gold. Make it expensive. Excessively so. 
    But still doable. Heph costs 100k. Make promos 100k each.
5.  Crafting should be doable with gold. In some way. (As in gold -> components).
6.  Now that you have given us the skip button, you can't take that away, 
    but that would have been ideal for purchasing.
7.  Clone any card for 50 WBs. In some cases, this won't ever be used. (You can get a 2nd BoD 
    for 25 WB, why spend 50 on it?) But in some cases, like for new pack releases, a new
    card is released that I want multiple copies of, but getting from packs seems unfruitful, 
    so I wait until they are released into the vault.  
    Well, devs, you just made a 25 WB/card profit. Congrats.
8.  Auto-build decks. Save a deck for 5 WBs. Build it for free thereafter. 
    Since meta is always changing, this will continue to change. Some will think it's worth the convenience, 
    others will hate it, but for those that do like it, you made more money.
9. Themes. Themeable Tyrant. Say WHAAAAAAAA?
10. Alt art for cards. Some people seem to enjoy the card art. 
    I am here more for the content so I can't speak to this too much.
11. Temporary boosts. 1.5x stamina refill rate. 1.5x energy refill rate. 1.5x exp gain.
    Really, the possibilities are endless here, and it doesn't really unbalance the game more than trading in bonds for stamina.
12. Favorite card pool. Unlock with bonds. Why do I have to shift through cards I don't want to use?
    I probably use some 100 cards between all my decks out of the 1.5kish that exist.

The biggest gold herder today has 11 million gold. And there are less than 25 with more than 5 million. That’s at most 110 of the new packs for their YEAR of hoarding in which gold hasn’t been a primary factor if you go with my suggestion of 100k/pack. Not too bad.

TL;DR Make gold the primary currency again. It will hurt short term, but long term it helps.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:

My proposal

1.  Remove shards
2.  Make *all* packs available for GOLD (100k/pack for the latest set is a starting point). 
    For the first bit, you will have those that stockpiled gold having an advantage. 
    It won't last if you follow the rest of this. 
    AT NO POINT SHOULD THE LATEST PACK EVER EXCEED 100k/pack.
3.  Make older packs availible for less gold. Maybe 10k per release. Maybe 10% less per release. 
    It's your call. Set a minimum (I would think 10k is reasonable).
4.  Promo cards need to be purchasable with gold. Make it expensive. Excessively so. 
    But still doable. Heph costs 100k. Make promos 100k each.
5.  Crafting should be doable with gold. In some way. (As in gold -> components).
6.  Now that you have given us the skip button, you can't take that away, 
    but that would have been ideal for purchasing.
7.  Clone any card for 50 WBs. In some cases, this won't ever be used. (You can get a 2nd BoD 
    for 25 WB, why spend 50 on it?) But in some cases, like for new pack releases, a new
    card is released that I want multiple copies of, but getting from packs seems unfruitful, 
    so I wait until they are released into the vault.  
    Well, devs, you just made a 25 WB/card profit. Congrats.
8.  Auto-build decks. Save a deck for 5 WBs. Build it for free thereafter. 
    Since meta is always changing, this will continue to change. Some will think it's worth the convenience, 
    others will hate it, but for those that do like it, you made more money.
9. Themes. Themeable Tyrant. Say WHAAAAAAAA?
10. Alt art for cards. Some people seem to enjoy the card art. 
    I am here more for the content so I can't speak to this too much.
11. Temporary boosts. 1.5x stamina refill rate. 1.5x energy refill rate. 1.5x exp gain.
    Really, the possibilities are endless here, and it doesn't really unbalance the game more than trading in bonds for stamina.
12. Favorite card pool. Unlock with bonds. Why do I have to shift through cards I don't want to use?
    I probably use some 100 cards between all my decks out of the 1.5kish that exist.

The biggest gold herder today has 11 million gold. And there are less than 25 with more than 5 million. That’s at most 110 of the new packs for their YEAR of hoarding in which gold hasn’t been a primary factor if you go with my suggestion of 100k/pack. Not too bad.

TL;DR Make gold the primary currency again. It will hurt short term, but long term it helps.

2-4 would be a slap in the face and a d*** in the a** to all those who have spent $$$ already.