Alt-ered

10 posts

Flag Post

I’m trying to wrap my head about how much time it would take to invest in Alts, to work them up the lists, get cards, finish missions/raids, grind?

And in the end for what, so your main’s faction gets a couple more FP than another and moves up an arbitrary list?

I think it’s one of the reasons the Devs haven’t made the rewards to be first (faction) higher (such as diff cards, maybe WB), because they know it would just promote more alts, and alts don’t make money. Open for debate, but i’d say they are a game-killer, I won’t deny they make traffic, but they also retard the growth of new players.

Alts. do you like them? Dislike? And is it worth it? Is there a better way?

Flag Post

Its the same as wrapping your head around why so many people waste their time on this pointless game. Alts are not much differnt than real plaers in terms of “why”, they just exist inexplicably.

Flag Post

Floppy, you’re assuming people don’t spend money on alts. You should know from the time spent in #loa that this simply isn’t true.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kadlerkj:

Its the same as wrapping your head around why so many people waste their time on this pointless game. Alts are not much differnt than real plaers in terms of “why”, they just exist inexplicably.

hmmm…

good point kadlerkj, perhaps it’s just an extension of what makes them play the game in the first place? I’m wondering about the actually physical time it takes to do it, I know just having one acc’t is a big time spender, Are there people who spend a solid 2-3 hours a day of their life playing Tyrant?

Flag Post
Originally posted by 0hio:

Floppy, you’re assuming people don’t spend money on alts. You should know from the time spent in #loa that this simply isn’t true.

I’d say generally people don’t spend that much real money on Alts, but since I have no basis but guessing here, I’ll let that lie.

I suppose if they DO, then perhaps synapticon can get off his butt and check CC info across accounts, and perhaps flag ones that are in the same faction using the same CC info and investigate, since it IS against the TOS? But then again, I suppose he’d be shooting himself in the wallet.

Flag Post

Lol we had a guy on our room once claiming to have (and then use) 3 low level alts purely to buy DIFFERENT shard packs, nag us to provide a opinion on which account is best based on the rares and then try to join our faction.

Flag Post

For an average free player, it takes about:

(Energy)
3-5 months to finish all missions to 229.
2-3 weeks to finish all side missions.
2-4(?) months to get full honor on all raids.
Edit: 3-4 weeks to grind all reputations to honored status.

(Stamina)
2-3 months to get 2500 loyalty.

(Misc)
3 boring days-2 weeks to get Platinum III in the Arena.

This is under the assumption that there are no event distractions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by protoflare:

(Energy)

(Stamina)

(Misc)

And that they actually remember to log on.

Flag Post
Originally posted by protoflare:

(Energy)

(Stamina)

(Misc)

All of that stuff can be botted easily. I know of more than a few alts that have well over 1000 warbonds spent. Alts will never hurt revenue, so I doubt they’ll ever be truly banned. If anything they increase competitiveness and encourage others to spend more to compete. AKA they’re great for revenue.

Flag Post

Not all alts are built by their current owner, either. More than one old player has given away their canvas link to someone, so those are alts also.