HH's guide to spending your Ancient Righteous Warlord points

60 posts

Flag Post

Yes, there are multiple threads seeking advice about spending points. It’s difficult, however, to give advice that is applicable to the majority of players. I think the following system might work for most players. First, if you have eleventy thousand points, then you don’t need this guide, just buy the pretty cards. Second, this guide is not aimed at collectors, so you folks will have to adjust it for your collecting tastes.

Edit: what knowledge or experience did I use to create this list?

I use the simulators and the optimizer extensively. I don’t just look at the final output, I look at what steps the optimizer went through, and I interpret the results of my simulations and the simulations of other players to understand why something works or does not work. My faction, since the Conquest map reset, has fought numerous wars, against strong opponents, on many types of battlegrounds. For various reasons, one of my primary roles in Conquest wars is to find strong decks to kill enemy defensive decks.

On this priority list, I don’t always give the exact reason you will want a particular card—sometimes I am a little vague, especially with Ram’s Head. I know that makes it harder to decide if you want to use this when selecting cards to purchase, but I don’t want to give away all of my knowledge, you know what I mean?

Priority list

My goal is to list, in descending order, which cards I recommend you purchase. So, if I properly construct this list, you can descend the list until you are out of points.

1. Pip, Epic Arbiter
  2. Ram’s Head
  3. If you don’t have Necrogeddon already, then Necrogeddon, otherwise skip to the next
  4. Withersnap
  5. If you have less than four Azure Reapers, then purchase enough to have a total of four Azure Reapers
  6. Ram’s Head
  7. If you participate in Conquest Wars or plan to do CQ, then get another Pip, Epic Arbiter
  8. If you participate in Conquest Wars or plan to do CQ, (and you are not a collector who already purchased it), get a special art Ayrkrane.
  9. If you have less than six Azure Reapers, then purchase enough to have a total of six Azure Reapers
  10. Ram’s Head
  11. Withersnap, but if your gut tells you that this is a waste, then feel free to skip it
  12. If you currently do Conquest Wars, and you have used Pip, Epic Arbiter in CQ, and you think it would be useful to have three, then get a third. If you don’t have experience using Pip to kick butt, then skip to the next one.
  13. If you have less than eight Azure Reapers, then purchase enough to have a total of eight Azure Reapers
  14. Ram’s Head for the rest of your points
  15. If you have less than 1000 points, but more than 500, then it is likely you will get more usage out of a ninth Azure Reaper, but since you can get more of them with Gold, I guess you should get one last Withersnap, just in case they become useful.

Concluding remarks

• Pip is strong. If you play this game long enough, you will want two.
  • Azure Reaper is annoyingly useful in every facet of the game: eight is a good goal.
  • Necrogeddon, especially after the buff, has its uses. Own one, either from Homeworld packs or from this event.
  • Ram’s Head has some very special properties, most importantly Cleanse Raider. You won’t use it very often, but when you do use it, you will want at least two in your deck.
  • Ayrkrane has been outclassed by the buffed Rifter.
  • I cannot imagine a world in which Withersnap is suddenly a useful card.

Flag Post

Yes, we need more threads that tell us how to spend event points.

Flag Post

Nice thread, So far I collected…..

Pip – 1 (I guess one is ok)
Ram’s head – 2 (goes well with Radio officers)
Withersnap – 3 (I know it’s a fear card killer but what else it’s good at?)
alt necro – 1 (since I didn’t have the original necro, also it has cool art)
alt azure – 1 (for cool art)
alt arykrane – 1 (for cool art)

Flag Post
Originally posted by eligeti:

Nice thread, So far I collected…..

Pip – 1 (I guess one is ok)
Ram’s head – 2 (goes well with Radio officers)
Withersnap – 3 (I know it’s a fear card killer but what else it’s good at?)
alt necro – 1 (since I didn’t have the original necro, also it has cool art)
alt azure – 1 (for cool art)
alt arykrane – 1 (for cool art)

Go and buy a 2nd Pip!

Flag Post

I pretty much disagree with your guide as a whole except for Pip, Legendary Arbiter and Necrogeddon.

Pip – Imo 3 is still overdoing it a bit, but to each his own. 2 is perfectly fine.

Necrogeddon – 1 for collectors and for everyone who does not have one from packs.

Rams Head – Why would you want more than 2 or maybe 3? Raiders rarely need cleanse, weaken 2 on attacked is okay but not great. Slowroll decks will simply outroll it and quickstrike decks will kill it with enfeeble strike or augment strike before being hit by the weaken. And 6 HP refresh – there are simply better options, in particular Undertaker and Reaver.

Ayrkrane – yes, it is outclassed by Rifter. But Rifter we have only 1 copy of. Also the armor 2 definitely has its uses. Ayrkrane can be extremely annoying in some RSR decks, goes very well in mission and quest decks and is still an okay option to bring a little variance into strike decks (unlike sabre you can for example drop ayrkrane vs an enemy split jaw on surge).
My opinion is to get 1 at the very least, 2 if you have a few spare points, and whatever number your event points allow for when you already got all other cards in the quantities suggested.

Withersnap – looks nice on paper, but can also be countered fairly easily. Also relatively useless for decks besides Anti-Fear or Mono-BT. I’d say 2-3 is enough, but having up to 6 won’t hurt.

Azure Reaper – looks cool and is a very strong card. However I cannot figure out why you would want more than 1. It is easy to unlock the gold buyable version and after having take part in the even for long enough, everyone should be sitting on enough gold to buy his own little arm of azure reapers, so why would you waste event points on a card that can be bought with gold while you have the chance to buy other cards that will be warbond only at a later point?

Flag Post

gotta agree with Licht here

The reason I’m getting 5 withersnaps is:
a) I’ve got more than enough of all the other cards
b) I’ve got this feeling that one day, some strange mission/raid/whatever will be incredibly easy with Withersnaps. I know it seems unlikely, but hey..
c) why not

Flag Post
Originally posted by Lichtatem:

I pretty much disagree with your guide as a whole except for Pip, Legendary Arbiter and Necrogeddon.

I based the list on my experience with Conquest, and since I only recently joined a Conquest faction, I tried to recall what it was like to be in a level 12 faction that only did Faction Wars.

Ram’s Head is not Undertaker or Reaver: you would never swap a Ram’s Head for either of those. Get on the Fansite or haileon.com/TyrantDB2 and check out how many options are available for Raider Cleanse. Basically, Ram’s Head is the only card you can have more than one of in your deck. It has a very limited purpose, but when the time comes, you will be happy to have the option to put three in your deck.

Compare to Siphon on Withersnap. Siphon is everywhere. Disposer is a better anti-fear card and it is great against other types of decks.

But, I could be wrong. I initially thought Ram’s Head and Withersnap were equally useless (I posted that somewhere), and I have changed my mind.

Flag Post

Withersnap + LoT = dead sabre or syco, just sayin’

TT

Flag Post

Yeah I’m going with Lich on this one too. Personally I think withersnap is a pretty great card to have in your deck and it’s far better against fear than disposer. Playing withersnap first or second against fear is pretty much a guaranteed win but if you play disposer second fear still has a good chance of beating you before it can activate.

I think 2 Pips are good enough. 3 withersnaps if you’re in a conquest faction, 2 ram’s head because they might be useful in the future. 1 of the each of the special art cards, then it doesn’t really matter where you spend points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TTekkers:

TT

hmmm stavros … lol
true for syco though, but watch out ppl running herc in syco …

Flag Post

Withersnap is limited use. Probably won’t use it after you get it. For collector only. 2x EMP will kill the whole spam deck.
Ram’s head is good for deck if you have good raider card and it can cleanse poison or disease.

Flag Post

I still don’t see much use for Rams Head even if you argue his main use being cleanse raider.

What do you want to cleanse off?

Poison is damage dependant, so what does not get through armor, doesn’t poison.
Disease is a non-issue because in most cases raiders go without healing anyway. (Radio Officer being an exception)
Immobilize see Poison.

Jam can be a bit annoying, but cleanse does still not help you if your Rams Head gets jammed.

So that leaves Chaos as more or less the only skill I think that it makes sense to cleanse off. You’d want a unit like Hydra to target an enemy structure and not your own ones.

I was recently very annoyed at my Heracles getting jammed in conquest and me losing a couple of matches to jam. What I did was dump 10 warbonds into Jekkel, because with only 1 raider in my heracles deck I am at least guaranteed that all mobile bases rally the card I want to be rallied and that the cleanse actually kicks in before the rally from the structures does.

My personal bottom line is still – if you want cleanse raider for whatever reason – get Jekkel. Rams Head is for weaken 2 on attacked, and there simply are better options, most of all Reaver.

Flag Post

Azure is useless in conquest. Simulator didn’t find a single reasonable deck vs which it made sense during last 10-15 conquests in which I participated (and it’s probably like 40 different decks). And there many cards (even some commons) that are far better in def. Sure it can give some surprise during initial scouting, but after that it does not make sense. This is an addition to the point that it does not make sense to spend points on the card that can be bought for gold.

Flag Post

I still don’t see much use for Rams Head even if you argue his main use being cleanse raider.

Disease is a non-issue because in most cases raiders go without healing anyway. (Radio Officer being an exception)
Immobilize see Poison.

Jam can be a bit annoying, but cleanse does still not help you if your Rams Head gets jammed.

So that leaves Chaos as more or less the only skill I think that it makes sense to cleanse off. You’d want a unit like Hydra to target an enemy structure and not your own ones.

I was recently very annoyed at my Heracles getting jammed in conquest and me losing a couple of matches to jam. What I did was dump 10 warbonds into Jekkel, because with only 1 raider in my heracles deck I am at least guaranteed that all mobile bases rally the card I want to be rallied and that the cleanse actually kicks in before the rally from the structures does.

My personal bottom line is still – if you want cleanse raider for whatever reason – get Jekkel. Rams Head is for weaken 2 on attacked, and there simply are better options, most of all Reaver.

Cleanse is great for clearing crap from Shuddering Keep, removes chaos from Lord Halcyon, Refresh to tank damage from structures/whatever. It’s anti-wallstall :D
Jekel isn’t as offensive as I’d like, tbh. I prefer Duncan for offensive decks, and Stavros for rainbow decks.

Flag Post

Immobilize see Poison.

Rams looks interesting vs hovers. But yeah, they are not that much usefull. :) On the other hand plenty of time for the current event and small quantity of interesting cards does not leave other options. But sure I’d rather pay double for rapier and maybe arsenal even than getting 6th ram I’m planning to do at the mo. :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

Immobilize see Poison.

Cleanse is great for clearing crap from Shuddering Keep, removes chaos from Lord Halcyon, Refresh to tank damage from structures/whatever. It’s anti-wallstall :D
Jekel isn’t as offensive as I’d like, tbh. I prefer Duncan for offensive decks, and Stavros for rainbow decks.

Disagreed.
If you place Hydra first, siege will get Chaosed and Hydra might die to strike. If you play Rams Head first, Hydra will keep Running into Shuddering keeps, suffer damage from poison, get cleansed, just for no effect because it will run into shuddering keep again before the poison would have done any damage to it anyway.

As for Jekkel, yes, I’d also much prefer if he had cleanse raider and rally raider 1, but imo his use is not for generic raider decks primarily anyway. He is useful fo decks with just heracles and some structures and imo, there he really shines and atm also rivals Svetlana easily.

Flag Post

Immobilize see Poison.

Disagreed.
If you place Hydra first, siege will get Chaosed and Hydra might die to strike. If you play Rams Head first, Hydra will keep Running into Shuddering keeps, suffer damage from poison, get cleansed, just for no effect because it will run into shuddering keep again before the poison would have done any damage to it anyway.

As for Jekkel, yes, I’d also much prefer if he had cleanse raider and rally raider 1, but imo his use is not for generic raider decks primarily anyway. He is useful fo decks with just heracles and some structures and imo, there he really shines and atm also rivals Svetlana easily.

Run 2. 1 before to cleanse Chaos, 1 after to remove poison.

Flag Post

Thank you for this guide, hunter

However, the ultimate purpose of this thread turned out to be just like in any other EP related thread: Discussion how to spend your EP
The reason I’m posting this is that my thread about exactly same topic got buried quickly

Also, is it bad that I bought 3 Ram’s heads and not 2 Pips or some Witnersnaps?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Maik50:

Thank you for this guide, hunter

However, the ultimate purpose of this thread turned out to be just like in any other EP related thread: Discussion how to spend your EP
The reason I’m posting this is that my thread about exactly same topic got buried quickly

No, not really. We are just trying to find the best possible use for these points. None of the current event cards is an absolute must have like Rapier was in the last set.

Flag Post

You will get tired of switching Pip from one deck to another.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

This. I regret not getting a 2nd Marrow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DarkBlood1:

This. I regret not getting a 2nd Marrow.

Flag Post
Originally posted by lol0lo:

TT

hmmm stavros … lol

Would you drop herc in front of active snaps with LoT + asylums??

TT

Flag Post

TT

hmmm stavros … lol

TT

No, but i would drop Soulsteel Mount followed with an emp.

Flag Post

TT

hmmm stavros … lol

TT

hmm just saying herc 1 hit it while wither can’t 1 hit herc in return, what do you mean by LoT + asylums? ok one more card to play? then i play a bulwark guard or monarch lol