Is there a card that is under no situations useful?

44 posts

Flag Post

Many cards are trash for almost everything, but under some very special circumstances can play a useful role . I’m wondering if there is a card that has absolutely no conceivable use.

Flag Post

Xeno Mauler

Also: inb4orbo

Flag Post
Originally posted by OMGWTFFFS:

Xeno Mauler

Flag Post

blight golem, it has high attack but no abilities and health that’s so low that it shouldn’t be a 4 wait
8/4/3

Flag Post

Use This One Action.

Originally posted by hammythepig:

You mean ?

Halt Advance can win you some matches if it hits the right assault, I mean this:

Then again, it could be used to activate valor, but any other action or structure could be more helpful.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1gient:

blight golem, it has high attack but no abilities and health that’s so low that it shouldn’t be a 4 wait
8/4/3

8/3/4:

And he could be useful in a Rush tile/quest if you are leading in assaults.

Originally posted by protoflare:

Use This One Action

You mean ?

Flag Post

Loww health high waits definitely a pretty good pick. I’d be curious if anyone has a use for them.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 1gient:

8/4/3

I have actually used blight golem in a perfect 45 pointer surge deck vs a 1 man faction, just for the record.

TT

Flag Post
Originally posted by Perfs:

Many cards are trash for almost everything, but under some very special circumstances can play a useful role . I’m wondering if there is a card that has absolutely no conceivable use.

Not sure what you mean by “very special circumstances”. There are cards that completely overshadow other cards in every aspect, if that’s what you’re looking for. For example, there’s no reason why someone would choose to use Infantry instead of Rocket Infantry. They’re even the same faction, so you’re not losing out on potential faction-only bonuses.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:

Not sure what you mean by “very special circumstances”. There are cards that completely overshadow other cards in every aspect, if that’s what you’re looking for. For example, there’s no reason why someone would choose to use Infantry instead of Rocket Infantry. They’re even the same faction, so you’re not losing out on potential faction-only bonuses.

“Very special circumstances” refers to any use where that card is the best choice. It could be an achievement deck (say the “Full Circle” achievement deck for infantry), a special deck to maximize commander damage (TT’s use of blight golem), sealed tournaments, whatever. As long as the use is not “I’m just using this card because it doesn’t matter what card I use” or “this is a really crud deck but I wanna troll some dude with it”.

It’s also not the same because there are conditions where one has infantry where one does not have rocket infantry. (say Mission 1)

Flag Post

“Very special circumstances” refers to any use where that card is the best choice. It could be an achievement deck (say the “Full Circle” achievement deck for infantry), a special deck to maximize commander damage (TT’s use of blight golem), sealed tournaments, whatever. As long as the use is not “I’m just using this card because it doesn’t matter what card I use” or “this is a really crud deck but I wanna troll some dude with it”.

It’s also not the same because there are conditions where one has infantry where one does not have rocket infantry. (say Mission 1)

So then, technically every card has a use, because you may simply “not have any other card at hand”… (eg. I sold all my cards except this one.)

Flag Post

So then, technically every card has a use, because you may simply “not have any other card at hand”… (eg. I sold all my cards except this one.)

I would allow the additional requirement that the player is sane and not prone to acts of ridiculous self-sabotage.

Flag Post

this, and 95% of promo cards

Flag Post

Xeno Mauler

xeno mauler would work if the enemy plays a 4turn like abomination in tourney

Flag Post
Originally posted by ManuelDevil:

These cards certainly are sucky, but plenty of them are useful in sealed or as noob cards (ie you get one early enough with daily chance/new pack celebration shards)

Flag Post

One card that I own that I cannot fathom a proper use for. It’s not even readily available to players.

Flag Post
Originally posted by et1296:

Xeno Mauler

xeno mauler would work if the enemy plays a 4turn like abomination in tourney

It could (provided the opponent places the 4 turner across it, or opens with a 4 turner) but would those possibilities ever merit it a spot in a deck? Or would on balance, another card be better?

I actually do have a use for it though, if you’re a supern00b against a 1 member faction whose def deck is ogre spam. and you’ve got no other high attack cards yet. I don’t think such a scenario is especially unlikely.

Flag Post

Healing is obsolete.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ninjafr3ak:

Healing is obsolete.

Medic is required for one (or was it two?) achievements, though, if I remember correctly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by ManuelDevil:

These cards certainly are sucky, but plenty of them are useful in sealed or as noob cards (ie you get one early enough with daily chance/new pack celebration shards)

grinder is bad but it has a use to troll people.grave robber and joltrek aren’t terrible and joltrek is a 1 turn intercept of chaos espicially on something like sabre

Flag Post

One card that I own that I cannot fathom a proper use for. It’s not even readily available to players.

Actually that card would be pretty fun to troll with.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dsagent:

Actually that card would be pretty fun to troll with.

Well, Perfs decided that “very special circumstances” refers to any use where that card is the best choice. Black Ops is neither the best card to troll with (Orbo is), and there are many cards that can do its job better. In no case would Black Ops be the best choice to go with (under the additional requirement that the player is sane and not prone to acts of ridiculous self-sabotage.).

Flag Post

I win. This card is simply awful and is outclassed by another common card that is in the same pack as it.

Flag Post
Originally posted by masterluke:

I win. This card is simply awful and is outclassed by another common card that is in the same pack as it.

Nope. Dread Panzer is given for free to the player on Mission 6, making its way into a newbie’s deck long before they have enough gold to buy a pack with Sawblade.

Flag Post

I don’t care what you say, joltrek skiff still sucks. It may be useful in certain situations, but realistically, it has no applications anywhere and should be ashamed of itself.