[To Devs]Malgoth and selling cards.

24 posts

Flag Post

I’m feeling a little pissed off about the latest update. Since I suspect that I’m not the only one who feels this way, I figured I would give you feedback as to why.

You decided to give the players the ability to sell cards. I took advantage of that to sell my extra copies of an underpowered legendary. It was an informed decision at the time since I was never going to use one Malgoth in a defense deck much less more than that.
Now I find that if I want to upgrade the card I need to go back and start buying Gold packs again.

There is no reason to ask for two copies of Malgoth to upgrade it. You know a significant portion of the playerbase sold any extras that they had. Change it to needing one copy for upgrade so those players don’t need to waste their time searching for yet another copy.

Of course this leads to the big question: If we can’t even safely sell extra copies of a card like Malgoth, why are we being allowed to sell cards at all? If you’re going to keep requiring us to come up with extra copies of cards it’s time to consider restricting if not eliminating that feature.

Flag Post

Are you suggesting that your inability to not sell cards should result in the devs taking the time to remove the feature that allows it? Have some self control. It’s not like you have a limited amount of space for your cards.

Flag Post

…Any savvy player doesn’t sell their cards unless they have some serious excess. 1 extra copy is not serious excess.

Flag Post

When you are a newcomer in Tyrant, a free player and have little access even to gold you look to other ways to get some more packs so an extra legendary, expecially if foil, is a good way to get some, all card with more than 10 copy have the same effect, common, uncommon and rare.

Even now i sold my new foils to get more gold and i have 2M gold now and used near the same amount with this update, i want to keep a good base in case i need it, no point in wast it all.

For the new player this is not a problem, they know that there is an upgrade feature and keep the extra cards, for all the old players like me is a burden, last year i got more than 2 copy od Odin and Fenrir but in the end sold the extra cause the card was not really usable so 1 was enough, now i will need those extra and this simply suck.

AT LEAST NO LEGENDARY MUST NEED 2 COPY! EVER!

Flag Post

If you think in that way. Why not remove all card packs aswell, eventually all cards from every pack will be outdated and we will have spent gold on them for no reason etc etc.

Flag Post

A better solution. Say no to paying 100k for crap.

OT: I too sold all my malgoth except for 2(no idea why I have 2 lol) Look on the bright side. You definitely have to open many more gold pack to hunt for that vigil to make a spam deck and definitely will be trolled and rewarded with multiple malgoth instead of vigil again.

Flag Post

1st rule of tyrant.

Never sell cards.

Flag Post

People are getting like 30K per day, and still selling cards… Being stupid or just overgreedy?

Flag Post

I sold some too, missing 3k gold for HW 240k – sell useless cards.

Flag Post
Originally posted by OOHnirav:

Are you suggesting that your inability to not sell cards should result in the devs taking the time to remove the feature that allows it? Have some self control. It’s not like you have a limited amount of space for your cards.

I’m suggesting that if the Devs choose to include a feature that they understand the ramifications of that feature and take those ramifications into consideration when making future updates. But if, as you suggest, mere use of the feature qualifies as a moral failing on my part then that’s an even stronger argument in favor of it’s removal than the one I made.

Flag Post

Back in my days we used to tell noobs: don’t sell any card if you don’t have 10 copies. Even Infantry. Malgoth is benchmark that shows who’s old timer and who’s just clueless noob. That 1k gold has never, ever been relevant, not even when mission 66 was last one and gold was much harder to get. You’re simply paying price for your lack of long-term thinking. It’s better to learn that the hard way in computer game than in real-life situation.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Kdg977:

I’m suggesting that if the Devs choose to include a feature that they understand the ramifications of that feature and take those ramifications into consideration when making future updates.

Selling feature is as old as tyrant (or almost as old). What you want to tell is: devs, pls, don’t let me get below 20 copies of any card (or below 360 copies if you decide to use its upgraded version in all the decks) because it might be a mission where such deck will have 100%. I’m not even kidding here cuz there was a farming mission for like several weeks where 10 xeno interceptors dominated it. And at that point xeno interceptor was almost useless card otherwise.

Flag Post

+1 to the topic from another victim of gold grief to sell like 10 Malgoths and now only 1.

Flag Post
Originally posted by serna12345:
Originally posted by Kdg977:

I’m suggesting that if the Devs choose to include a feature that they understand the ramifications of that feature and take those ramifications into consideration when making future updates.

Selling feature is as old as tyrant (or almost as old). What you want to tell is: devs, pls, don’t let me get below 20 copies of any card (or below 360 copies if you decide to use its upgraded version in all the decks) because it might be a mission where such deck will have 100%. I’m not even kidding here cuz there was a farming mission for like several weeks where 10 xeno interceptors dominated it. And at that point xeno interceptor was almost useless card otherwise.

And I would venture a guess that telling people not to use the sell feature is almost as old as Tyrant itself. I said in my original post that it was about time we considered restricting or eliminating the feature. Putting a minimum amount you have to keep would be a good idea. Not allowing players below a certain level to sell cards is another idea. Even a severe warning the first time a player accesses the feature would be a start.

The important thing is to start a conversation about whether the feature does more harm than good and about how could it be improved. Making fun of the ‘noob’ who foolishly made use of a game feature might be fun, but it adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

Flag Post

a buyback option should address this issue.

players can buy back what they sold earlier at a higher price, say twice (or triple) the selling price.

that is, if a player had sold two Malgoth before, he/she can buy back at most 2 Malgoth at the buyback station for a price of 2000 (or 3000) a piece.

for me, I would like to buy back Blood Mary and the Butcher which I sold ages ago.

Flag Post

This cannot be applied to all card sold before the funcion implementation because there is no record of those sell so the problem for old player still remain.

In addition how much will become big in time a DB that keep track of all the sell?

The idea is interesting but will never be implemented.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dsagent:

1st rule of tyrant.

Never sell cards.

Will people never learn?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aapje:

1st rule of tyrant.

Never sell cards.

Will people never learn?

then, why should there be a button for “sell”?

Flag Post
Originally posted by juderiverman:
Originally posted by Aapje:

1st rule of tyrant.

Never sell cards.

Will people never learn?

then, why should there be a button for “sell”?

So devs can laugh when situations like this arise.

Flag Post

Never sold cards, but I agree….sell cards option is really stupid atm. Expecially when the trend of devs was to not buff or upgrade cards for 1,5 years.

Flag Post

I haven’t sold any of my cards… You don’t have to sell your cards.

Flag Post

Complaining about how you sold cards you need now makes me feel like you’ve never played a video game before.

Flag Post

And why are ppl complaining that they can’t get the upgraded malgoth? It’s not like it is any good or something

Flag Post

You can be lucky that you obviously started playing not too long ago, back when I started you could still sell unique cards that were only accessible as mission rewards…and when I sold a bunch of cards that I already had 10 of, I had a little lag and accidently sold thaddius.
You know how annoying that was until tabitha was released?
So stop complaining fool.