Tyrant Sportsmanship: A Suggestion

105 posts

Flag Post

I have noticed recently that there is a very large gap in sportsmanship these days. Let’s take a look at a case study (All names have been changed to protect the faction’s identity):

Case Study 1 (Proper respect): On the conquest map there is a small faction (Let’s them Winged Buffaloes…or WB).

WB is just trying to establish a small space on the conquest map, like a number of smaller factions. Constantly fighting for the little guys, they just want to find a home.

However, a number of larger factions (Let’s call them Irritating Tools Acting Like Infinitely Awesome Noobs (Italian), Genuinely Embarrassing Rubes Merely Emulating Natural Skill (Germans) and Nitwits Observed Obediently Ganging Zones (Noobsz)) keep attacking them in a constant 3 v 1 scenario.

Yet, there are no whispers of gratitude, no PM’s of thankfulness, no forum posts giving praise to WB for providing action and excitement to factions who would clearly be sitting on their horde of tiles getting fat off collecting tokens.

A lesson for all the other factions out there, if you are provided with excitement in conquest from a faction, especially if a single faction is providing fun for a multitude of factions…give them some thanks. Where I come from it is customary to at least buy dinner before you take advantage of someone.

Flag Post

sadly there is just nothing you can do against that . its a harsh world still lame though^^

Flag Post

Yeah live with this bullshit alliancing.

Flag Post

What are you two talking about? I am just saying that proper respect should be paid. Bump a recruitment thread, write a haiku…do something to show your appreciation to the factions who provide you with so much enjoyment.

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:

What are you two talking about? I am just saying that proper respect should be paid. Bump a recruitment thread, write a haiku…do something to show your appreciation to the factions who provide you with so much enjoyment.

The pressure has gotten to him….

Flag Post

I am a little cofused about O.P.

Because:
(Quote Wiki)
Sportsmanship (or sometimes sportspersonship) is an aspiration or ethos that a sport or activity will be enjoyed for its own sake, with proper consideration for fairness, ethics, respect, and a sense of fellowship with one’s competitors.

But also:
(Quote Wiki)
A competitor who exhibits poor sportsmanship after losing a game or contest is often called a “sore loser” (…). Sore loser behavior includes blaming others for the loss, not accepting responsibility for personal actions that contributed to the defeat, reacting to the loss in an immature or improper fashion, making excuses for the defeat, and citing unfavorable conditions or other petty issues as reasons for the defeat.

Summary: if the QQ/Accusations/Insults should ever stop, i shall gladly congratulate you to your sportsmanship.

(nevertheless i think you guys are right in one part – there has to be a lot more conquest! i ll propose this to my alliance…)

Flag Post

If only Warlike Brother was 5 syllables, writing Haiku praise would be much easier.

Flag Post

Well, being the “Conquest Terrorists” you want to be you shouldnt be surprised to be treated like terrorists.
Nothing to feel appreciatively about.

And teamplay is part of any MMOG. Alliances are just that.

Flag Post

i was about to write something here… but then i refreshed and saw all these highly intelligent responses…

zinthala… you mean to say that factions inside the alliance are not cheating? not bullying? enlighten me..

and clanard… (1) is 9 boys picking on 1 fair? maybe its ethic?
also (2) rebbellion != terrorism…. and most times the FEAR of terrorism is what a government uses to control its population. (sometimes the gov PAYS the terrorists to do eet)
using your brain takes practice, but it can be done….

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post
Originally posted by ilovedogmeat:
Originally posted by Clanard:

Well, being the “Conquest Terrorists” you want to be you shouldnt be surprised to be treated like terrorists.
Nothing to feel appreciatively about.

And teamplay is part of any MMOG. Alliances are just that.

’kay

Flag Post

@zinthala: I have no idea what “QQ” you are talking about. I am trying to have a pointed discussion about respect within the current faction system. Please stop trying to muddle the topic with your obvious troll/flame responses.

Flag Post

If Winged Buffaloes weren’t allied with God of Bots and Alts they might have a better case.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thror13:

i was about to write something here… but then i refreshed and saw all these highly intelligent responses…

zinthala… you mean to say that factions inside the alliance are not cheating? not bullying? enlighten me..

and clanard… (1) is 9 boys picking on 1 fair? maybe its ethic?
also (2) rebbellion != terrorism…. and most times the FEAR of terrorism is what a government uses to control its population. (sometimes the gov PAYS the terrorists to do eet)
using your brain takes practice, but it can be done….

If that one guy just WANTS to start a fight with the 9 others then he doesnt have to wonder why they will fight back.

And who talks about rebellion? WB sees themselves as CQ Terrorists (Quote from another thread). They go in grab tiles from other factions. So what? Other factions take tiles back. So what? All this whining around in the forum is what I dont get.

Flag Post

popcorn mode on

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bascule2000:

If Winged Buffaloes weren’t allied with God of Bots and Alts they might have a better case.

Please, refrain from using any actual faction name. Replace it with something different to protect identities.

Flag Post

Again, completely wrong… clanard…

when the alliance wanted to pass through Brags Only, and they refused, did the alliance pick on them? YES
is that bullying? YES
so there is precedent.
Do anyone else fight this alliance that tells everyone but WB what to do? NO
Did WB EVER took a tile from non-alliance and not given it back? NO

so don’t make your stupidity show: (1) whatever anyone cares to name it, this is rebellion… WB fights 9+ guys maybe bc he doesn’t like being told what to do by said guys…

(2) The fact that they don’t fight fair, being 9vs1, makes all points of botting moot…. And, there IS evidence that alliance account shares and uses alts… so that makes it twice moot!

Flag Post

look!!! a puppeeeee

Flag Post
Originally posted by ladolcevita:

look!!! a puppeeeee

awww, why this? anything but this….. i can’t stand its stare…. aww f@k it… i’m leaving…

Flag Post

If it wasn’t for us, you wouldn’t have fun either =(

Flag Post

alliances are a simple consequence of the conquest gameplay.
they are giving shallow conquest strategic depth, more strategic possibilities –
only they should fight each other instead of sitting on tiles.
alliance vs. alliance – that would be fun! the more evenly matched the better!
screw my seven tokens a day, do want conquest – not boring wars.

when a faction is going rogue in allied territory and the current aim of the game IS gaining tokens by sitting on tiles – of course they get hunted down. surprised much?
when alliances give huge advantages and a faction chooses to ignore that for the fun of endless conquest it will suffer the consequences: no tiles – why QQ?

if i chose to play chess my own way aiming at taking out the queen instead of the king – is my loss someone elses fault? no, crying wont help, i´d have to change the rules accordingly, find someone willing to play it that way – then there can be fun.

if alliances too would choose to have fun relentlessly conquesting – would that make everyone happy?
i do not think so.

change the gameplay, reset the map again – i´m fine with every change that prevents cheating and gives me two conquests a day
blaming it on the unfairness of others, constantly badmouthing and insulting them? sore loser. i wouldnt join such a faction.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zinthala:

they are giving shallow conquest strategic depth, more strategic possibilities –

• my seven tokens a day, do want conquest – not boring wars.

when a faction is going rogue in allied territory and the current aim of the game IS gaining tokens by sitting on tiles – of course they get hunted down. surprised much?
when alliances give huge advantages and a faction chooses to ignore that for the fun of endless conquest it will suffer the consequences: no tiles – why QQ?

if i chose to play chess my own way aiming at taking out the queen instead of the king – is my loss someone elses fault? no, crying wont help, i´d have to change the rules accordingly, find someone willing to play it that way – then there can be fun.

if alliances too would choose to have fun relentlessly conquesting – would that make everyone happy?
i do not think so.

change the gameplay, reset the map again – i´m fine with every change that prevents cheating and gives me two conquests a day
blaming it on the unfairness of others, constantly badmouthing and insulting them? sore loser. i wouldnt join such a faction.

Your argument is a short-sighted as your mother is ugly. With the large amount of neutral tiles sitting in alliance territory, there is no reason to “hunt down” factions just trying to get their piece of the pie. Hence the poor sportsmanship…hence this thread. Give proper credit/respect to those providing you with something fun to do instead of just settling for collecting tokens like an endless episode of the show “Hoarders”.

Flag Post
Originally posted by zinthala:

• my seven tokens a day, do want conquest – not boring wars.

i do not think so.

Your argument is a short-sighted as your mother is ugly. With the large amount of neutral tiles sitting in alliance territory, there is no reason to “hunt down” factions just trying to get their piece of the pie. Hence the poor sportsmanship…hence this thread. Give proper credit/respect to those providing you with something fun to do instead of just settling for collecting tokens like an endless episode of the show “Hoarders”.

I heard that his mom is really hot.

Flag Post

momma!
so it has been you all along.
sry for not calling you.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thror13:
so don’t make your stupidity show:

Refrain from insults. I did not insult you and I expect the same courtesy!

Apart from that: continue the QQ if it gives you joy I really dont care.
This whole descussion reminds me of a man who puts his hand in a hornets nest and then complains that he got stung.