SSS (Some Simple Skills)

29 posts

Flag Post

Seems like tyrant has ran out of ideas, the newest skill legion is like an overly complicated combo of rally and heal. but there are still lots of simple skills that can combine well with some of the currently underpowered skills (payback, siphon etc)

Cripple x dmg dependent
Permanently reduce the enemy’s attack by x
Synergies: Armored, Flurry, Cripple on attacked commander/wall + Siphon to own fear

Growth x passive
Each turn increase the current and max hp of this card by x. (disease prevents current but not max hp increase)
Synergies: Refresh, Cleanse

Sabotage activation
Jam and Mimic an random enemy structure (Jam is 50%)

Burrowed x defensive
Enemy’s attacks will pass through this card and damage your commander instead. Damage done to the commander this way is reduced by x, 100% chance miss against flying.
Synergies: Antiair, Siphon, Evade

Cloaked defensive
Cannot be targeted by any hostile activation skills. Effect does not work if an adjacent card also has cloaked.
Synergies: Burrowed + Cloaked = invincibility mode trololol, might need some kind of detector skill to counter both burrowed & cloaked…. could be a combat modifier like pierce and antiair

Disarm dmg dependent
50% chance to permanently remove 1 random skill from the enemy, can be restored by cleanse.
Synergies: Swipe, Flurry. Disarm on attacked commander/wall would troll fear xD

Focus activation
Randomly buff an allied card making its attack/strike 100% chance to hit flying/evade, and its offensive skills (Jam, Immobilize, Flurry, Disarm) 100% chance to activate.
Synergies: Jam, Immobilize, Flurry

Forcefield activation
Randomly shield an allied card giving it 50% chance to return all types of damage back to their source. If a card with payback is shielded then it will have 100% chance to return damage (all types including atk, counter and strike)
Synergies: Payback, Counter, Refresh

Some new triggers

on threat: triggers when commander receives damage (new anti fear mechanism for slowroll)

on summoned: triggers when an enemy card is summoned (anti summon mechanism)

on damaged: triggers when receives dmg. similar to on attacked but works for strike/counter too, although do not work for blocked dmg by armor/protect.

on healed: triggers whenever hp is increased (heal, leech, supply, regenerate, a commander with this trigger and powerful on healed effect would be another way to promote siphon)

Flag Post

Side Side Side :D

Flag Post

I’ve got one to add.

Guardian defensive
Enemy Fear attacks cannot pass through this unit. Fear damage is dealt to this unit.
Synergies: Armored, Counter, On Attacked, Refresh

Flag Post

The devs are trying to remove 50%s from the game. Any more skills with 50% in the description will be rare, at worst.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JrJetu:

The devs are trying to remove 50%s from the game. Any more skills with 50% in the description will be rare, at worst.

that’s good because only 1 of the suggested skill is 50%, and 3 skills actually removes 50% from the game, making them 100%

Flag Post

No.

Flag Post

I’ll go back to my wish list for commander skills:
Weaken, Protect, Heal, Rally and/or Augment (type) i.e. armored, flying

Flag Post
Originally posted by Slygore:

I’ll go back to my wish list for commander skills:
Weaken, Protect, Heal, Rally and/or Augment (type) i.e. armored, flying

armored and flying commanders could be fun

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfang77:

No.

Flag Post

*Summon Sabotage

Flag Post

Trigger:
___ on postcount increase: Any skills activate upon the postcount of your Kongregate account going up.

Flag Post

Some were interesting, others were stupid.

Meh, work them out more to avoid trolololol win dacks.

Flag Post

The devs tend to like skills that are polar opposites of existing skills (and that’s where we got the BT/Righteous flip-flop extravaganza). That’s why I think we need a direct counter to augment, and more importantly SUMMON.

Direct counter to summon -

Banish X – x is # of turns, works like CD timer, can only target active units, when timer hits 0, the unit is gone. This could be the birth of the first legendary action, with “Banish all X” (Probably 4). Can totally be cleansed too… so yeah there’s that. You could even have a rare action thats like, banish 1, and that would be some dope tatas.

Flag Post

Many great ideas in this thread. Bump.

Flag Post

One skill which I feel is kinda obvious is

Taunt – All basic attacks which would hit adjacent assaults hit this card instead.
Yes, it’s intercept for basic attacks. Would be great with defensive skills, especially on attacked skills

Flag Post

Assassin [1-3] Combat Modifier
Does extra damage to commanders

Lone Gunner
Unique Raider
1/6/1
Valor 3
Flurry 3
Assassin 3

Flag Post

how about this:
Cloaked defensive
This card will not be targeted by skills as long as there is another card the skill can hit, still gets hit by all skills

for example:
your field: Cloaked active card Utopia Beacon with 3 delay
Enemy field: Active Omega Active Sabre

Omega strikes Utopia Beacon since it can be hit by it instead of the cloaked unit. Omega then weakens the cloaked card since utopia still has delay and no cards other cards than the cloaked one can be targeted by it. Sabre then strikes both cards since cloak does not stop strike all

Flag Post

I like “on threat” but otherwise, alot of these skills are kinda similar to existing ones

Flag Post
Originally posted by BenchBreaker:

Burrowed x defensive
Enemy’s attacks will pass through this card and damage your commander instead. Damage done to the commander this way is reduced by x, 100% chance miss against flying.
Synergies: Antiair, Siphon, Evade

Cloaked defensive
Cannot be targeted by any hostile activation skills. Effect does not work if an adjacent card also has cloaked.
Synergies: Burrowed + Cloaked = invincibility mode trololol, might need some kind of detector skill to counter both burrowed & cloaked…. could be a combat modifier like pierce and antiair

Forcefield activation
Randomly shield an allied card giving it 50% chance to return all types of damage back to their source. If a card with payback is shielded then it will have 100% chance to return damage (all types including atk, counter and strike)
Synergies: Payback, Counter, Refresh

What is this, Starcraft?

Flag Post

How about On Self: a buff that only applies to that unit, or Strike 0: a skill that is only useful if augmented.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SeventhStory:

What is this, Starcraft?

Don’t forget:

Stim Pack activation
This assault loses 1 HP, but can attack twice this turn.

Feedback activation
Random target assault cannot activate its skills for one turn.

Contaminate activation
Random target structure cannot activate its skills for one turn.

Flag Post

Vanguard x activation
Shift to the left x places

Seraph
Unique Xeno
3/7/3
Vanguard 3
Rally All 2
Flying

Flanking x activation
Shift to the right x places

Fodder Sargent
Unique Imperial
3/3/1
Summon Infantry
Flanking 2
Evade

Flag Post

As leader of the true SSS (Samurai Seal Squad), I take exception to the allegation that I have some simple skills. Everyone knows I have no skills whatsoever…

Flag Post
Originally posted by Moraku:
Originally posted by SeventhStory:

What is this, Starcraft?

Don’t forget:

Stim Pack activation
This assault loses 1 HP, but can attack twice this turn.

Feedback activation
Random target assault cannot activate its skills for one turn.

Contaminate activation
Random target structure cannot activate its skills for one turn.

Touche Moraku… I like those skills actually.

Flag Post

Infuse – infuse target friendly assault unit with X skill for the remainder of the match.

Example:
Infuse strike 1 gives random friendly assault unit strike 1. That unit has strike 1 from now on, unless purged or replaced with another infused skill. Imagine a structure with infuse strike 1 or infuse augment 1. Or an action card with infuse all strike 1. Or infuse all siege 1.