[Conquest] The Last Answer: Reset Every Month --> No Stagnation

24 posts

Flag Post

Or…

As soon as every tile of the map has changed hands 3x, reset.

There is no stagnation if map is continually reset.

Or once all the tiles have been taken, a final 7 day count to allow people to harvest their hard earned tokens for a while.

Then reset.

Discuss.

Flag Post

no :(

i dont like current stagnation but if we would have to rebuild every month it might became very boring.

also this doesnt mean there will be less stagnation:

Phase 1 (1st week): conquer as much neutral tiles as u can → broing
Phase 2 (2nd week): Eliminate all lowlv-factions. → ???
Phase 3 (3rd/4th week): Claim tokens and w8 for reset. → boring

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:

no :(

i dont like current stagnation but if we would have to rebuild every month it might became very boring.

also this doesnt mean there will be less stagnation:

Phase 1 (1st week): conquer as much neutral tiles as u can → broing
Phase 2 (2nd week): Eliminate all lowlv-factions. → ???
Phase 3 (3rd/4th week): Claim tokens and w8 for reset. → boring

Consider alternative.

Flag Post

If stagnation is the problem, this is one of the best answers.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfang77:

Consider alternative.

ok… mhhhh… no :(

an irregular reset will just confuse ppl and make ’em cry?

also we would need a counter on tiles (to know if it has been conquered 3 times) and i am very sure factions in good positions will try to prevent resets. this will lead to an alliance (mayb similar to the current) of factions which do nothing or just gank aggressors to prevent resets.

at the end, WB and darkfang have to conquer each tile 3 times alone.

imo to break the stagnation, we need a reason to attack factions with equal strengh not to lose everything with a reset.

//fixed ^^

Flag Post

Maybe you re-title the thread…the “final solution”….no good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:
Originally posted by darkfang77:

Consider alternative.

ok… mhhhh… no :(

an irregular reset will just confuse ppl and make ’em cry?

also we would need a counter on tiles (to know if it has been conquered 3 times) and i am very sure factions in good positions will try to prevent resets. this will lead to an alliance (mayb similar to the current) of factions which do nothing or just gank aggressors to prevent resets.

at the end, WB and darkfang have to conquer each tile 3 times alone.

imo to break the stagnation, we need a reason to attack factions with equal strengh not to lose everything with a reset.

ohk goobeh eilet tchu win’ dis thym.

Flag Post

I feel like this is a very troll post. It has been said before if you reset too often then people get pissed off.
As soon as every tile of the map has changed hands 3x, reset. (Alliance doesn’t take one tile the end. We never reset MOAR STAGNATION)

Or once all the tiles have been taken, a final 7 day count to allow people to harvest their hard earned tokens for a while. (Same arguement as last time)

Flag Post
Originally posted by MSUSpartan3096:

Isn’t that the name of Nazi program for extermination of Jews?

Flag Post

Tz. This is the problem, not the solution.

Flag Post

Fix’d

Originally posted by stormcommando:

Google says so :/ my bad.

Flag Post

Yup…because we’re going to exterminate stagnation! Clever huh?

Flag Post

lol…yes…hence the suggestion of a re-name.

Flag Post

- 1 ,obviously weird…

Flag Post

I’ve suggested to the devs 3 month resets several times. My reasoning is that it gives enough time for big factions to have a few good brawls, maybe even wipe some off the map before the mad scramble to get max points before reset.

Flag Post
Originally posted by shadevarr:

I’ve suggested to the devs 3 month resets several times. My reasoning is that it gives enough time for big factions to have a few good brawls, maybe even wipe some off the map before the mad scramble to get max points before reset.

Conquest has been out about 9 months.

In that time, there has been only 1 reset. Current average: 4.5 months.

The map very definitely fills up quickly, and could probably handle a drop down to 2-3 months without super noticeable effects.

Flag Post

I think a reset every 3-4 months so there are 3-4 conquest seasons a year could be very fun if there is some tangible award for top performing factions at end be it gold, wb for top 3 faction members or if fp stays in top 3 factions get major fp awards at end.

Flag Post
Originally posted by catepillar:
Originally posted by shadevarr:

Conquest has been out about 9 months.

In that time, there has been only 1 reset. Current average: 4.5 months.

The map very definitely fills up quickly, and could probably handle a drop down to 2-3 months without super noticeable effects.

Every 2-3 months is reasonable. Another way to think about it is factions get to ‘cash in’ their accumulated tile FP on reset (unless the reset counts as ‘losing’ tiles). So its a good thing!

Flag Post

I still like the Idea of all the player factions vs several tough AI factions. This idea could go really far and be extremely fun.

Flag Post
Originally posted by DANzam111:

I still like the Idea of all the player factions vs several tough AI factions. This idea could go really far and be extremely fun.

DUMB!!!!! The AI is always from a mission so its easy to own the tile.

Flag Post

e__e

Flag Post
Originally posted by go525525:
Originally posted by DANzam111:

DUMB!!!!! The AI is always from a mission so its easy to own the tile.

are you kidding? BW just blew like 1500 stamina on a ridiculously hard AI tile. The AI could be made EXTREMELY difficult.

Flag Post

yea thats just plain wrong. hard missions+surge+tile effect has created scenarios where the optimizer found me results of like 50% on ordered with a large card pool.

Granted most AI slots are a joke

Edit: I disagree unless they seperate CQ from FW (Seperate Stamina bar and no FP effects)

Flag Post
Originally posted by hunterhogan:
Originally posted by synapticon:

And most importantly:
-More regular Conquest resets. This will allow us to implement new rules more frequently as necessary to improve gameplay, and will also help prevent pure stagnation.

YIKES! Do you know how long it takes a faction to build up to CR 75? And you want us to do this over and over? In another thread, someone suggested scraping CQ as PvP and make it PvE. You said that was silly because CQ is supposed to be about PvP. A map reset means we fight AI tiles, which is PvE. More map resets moves away from PvP, not towards it.