How Do You Think Wallstalls Will Look Now That The Meta Has Changed?

30 posts

Flag Post

I would love to know as I am a Wallstaller and I plan on changing my deck once I get Moya. What do you think the most successful wallstall decks will look like now that the meta is changing? The classic ultimate wallstall and my personal deck was this:

But now I’m thinking there can be some cards switched around now that the decks have an opportunity to be more defensive and worry less about quick attacks coming from fear or rainbow or whatever decks. I’m thinking a good wallstall deck now may look like this:

I think wallstalls are making a major come back but what do you guys think about all this?

Flag Post

I know the Devs made Moya for the sole purpose of stopping TI Fear Decks from running rampant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XKyotosomoX:

I know the Devs made Moya for the sole purpose of slowing TI Fear Decks

Flag Post
Originally posted by shyguyfan1:

I know the Devs made Moya for the sole purpose of stopping every other kind of unbroken Fear and maybe occasionally slowing TI Fear Decks

fixed that for you :/

Flag Post

I don’t think so

Without chaos i.e. LH or Lightning Strider, a single cyclops could take out any structure they want. Stun is great skill, my Hornet Drone heal and Odin protect could keep him up pretty much everytime, HOC is different story though with pierce.

oh also about time fear got slow down, not rainbow.

Flag Post

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

I would love to know as I am a Wallstaller and I plan on changing my deck once I get Moya. What do you think the most successful wallstall decks will look like now that the meta is changing? The classic ultimate wallstall and my personal deck was this:

But now I’m thinking there can be some cards switched around now that the decks have an opportunity to be more defensive and worry less about quick attacks coming from fear or rainbow or whatever decks. I’m thinking a good wallstall deck now may look like this:

I think wallstalls are making a major come back but what do you guys think about all this?

are we talking about standard tournys? is warpgate already classic? why would walls make a major comeback?

i dont think wallstall is dead, i still hit 5% in every standard but i dont c a comeback and i am far away from hitting easy 1% with walls.

ur 2nd deck:
- how will u stop Siege-all? eg Cyclops or Forge Seared Tank ( + Rapier, Destruction, ..)
- how will u stop Fear+HoC? If opponent has to start and drops TI+TI+Drones+Vial u r just dead?
- not sure if u win many battles against non wall decks which put Warpgate 1st + Siege Commander / Destruction etc.
- much more

mayb i am wrong? :|

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:

are we talking about standard tournys? is warpgate already classic? why would walls make a major comeback?

i dont think wallstall is dead, i still hit 5% in every standard but i dont c a comeback and i am far away from hitting easy 1% with walls.

ur 2nd deck:
- how will u stop Siege-all? eg Cyclops or Forge Seared Tank ( + Rapier, Destruction, ..)
- how will u stop Fear+HoC? If opponent has to start and drops TI+TI+Drones+Vial u r just dead?
- not sure if u win many battles against non wall decks which put Warpgate 1st + Siege Commander / Destruction etc.
- much more

mayb i am wrong? :|

It was just a quick deck off the top of my head, I couldn’t build it anyway. I just know I want Moya.

Flag Post

Wall Stall is definitely not dead. It has always been a good deck and when I don’t have time to dedicate to standard tourneys, I just pop in with my deck, win three battles, and later claim my money. But when I can dedicate time I almost always get in the top 5%. Wall Stalls are still very good, although TI Fear is definitely making it harder to be successful with them, although not anymore.

Flag Post

Why is it called wallstall if it (second deck) only has one wall??

Flag Post

wall stall is dying, too much siege these days :(

Flag Post
Originally posted by dnaimagery:

I like your “classic” wallstall deck. Even though it’s updated with warpway.

Wallstall is definitely not making a comeback anytime soon. It’s been a dying artform for quite some time in pvp.

Okay, classic classic is a deck like hatchet spam or irradiated infantry spam. But by classic I meant before upgrades came to Tyrant.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dangercide:

Why is it called wallstall if it (second deck) only has one wall??

Wallstall is any structure deck, but it has two walls (not that that changes too much)

Flag Post
Originally posted by pacachomp:

I know the Devs made Moya for the sole purpose of stopping every other kind of unbroken Fear and maybe occasionally slowing TI Fear Decks

You can get away with AT LEAST two extra turns of not playing defensive cards at the start of every match which is a really great start to a match.

Flag Post

While people are here, any suggestions on how to improve my Imperial Fear Deck?

Flag Post

While people are here, any suggestions on how to improve my Imperial Fear Deck?

Not sure the point of radiance if its needed you have probably already lost. Another drone would help would use assailants over tina but thats my preference. That type of fear works on agression so anything that lets you apply more pressure faster and get more damage out is an improvement.

Flag Post

You can get away with AT LEAST two extra turns of not playing defensive cards at the start of every match which is a really great start to a match.

Moya is highly overrated. She used to be anti fear but doesn’t give a decent win ratio against current fear decks.

Just check ur 2nd wallstall deck and tell me one soultion u win against Cassius, TI, TI, Drones, Vial (opponent goes 1st in tourny). Starting with 2 walls doesn’t count cauze EVERY opponent will change his TI order too.

btw, ur TI deck needs Vial. also i like plasma shield much more than radiance. Needs better commander in current meta and 2x valentina is strange.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Aquatar:

Moya is highly overrated. She used to be anti fear but doesn’t give a decent win ratio against current fear decks.

Just check ur 2nd wallstall deck and tell me one soultion u win against Cassius, TI, TI, Drones, Vial (opponent goes 1st in tourny). Starting with 2 walls doesn’t count cauze EVERY opponent will change his TI order too.

btw, ur TI deck needs Vial. also i like plasma shield much more than radiance. Needs better commander in current meta and 2x valentina is strange.

I don’t have too much invested into my Tactical Fear as I don’t really use it. Also, I wish I had Enrichment Vial but it will be a long time before I get that. Right now I need Moya.

Flag Post

Doesn’t even do that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by stormcommando:

Doesn’t even do that.

On the contrary, I believe it does indeed do that good sir.

Flag Post

I know the Devs made Moya for the sole purpose of stopping TI Fear Decks from running rampant.

omniscient!

Flag Post

If devs wanted a good commander to counter fear, it should have been refresh, 12 HP and stun.

Flag Post

Doesn’t even do that.

TI + TI + Vial = 4+7 dmg
Moya has 11 hp and weaken 1, making TI only do 10 dmg. In a sense, Moya does slow down TI (for one turn)
HOWEVER, if your opponent has a rally or augment commander, Moya’s dead.
Even if they don’t, hornet drone will kill you next turn.

Flag Post

I really wish Moya had 12 HP, or more.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Superuberpenguin:

Doesn’t even do that.

TI + TI + Vial = 4+7 dmg
Moya has 11 hp and weaken 1, making TI only do 10 dmg. In a sense, Moya does slow down TI (for one turn)
HOWEVER, if your opponent has a rally or augment commander, Moya’s dead.
Even if they don’t, hornet drone will kill you next turn.

so next turn he plays another vial and hornet at the same time? ? lol

your commander survives 1 more turn and meanwhile your units are chilling and doing nothing?

kill 1 TI and you win, even if you dont kill a single TI he has to play hornet then vial which means at least 2 more turns because your commander is full hp again, TI is immortal that you cant kill it in 2 extra turns? even 4cd is activated