[GUIDE] How to change your password

29 posts

Flag Post

In light of recient events, I am going to recomend that everyone change their password. It is something that is wise to do every month or so. You can do so by following the following steps:

1. Hover over your profile picture at the very top of this page (it will be your name and avatar pic).
  2. Click on Account Settings
  3. Click on Change Password
  4. You will be prompted to enter your old and new password.
  5. You should see a “conformation page” informing you that your password was changed.

Doing this will keep your account safe. If you believe that your account has been used by someone else or if they even maybe have a chance of possibly having your account data, you should change your password right away.

-Pip

Flag Post

you forgot (optional and just for avid account sharers):

6. create new canvas link
7. share it with your very best friends

Flag Post

8.) get catfaced.
9.) start lots of forum topix; ask in CAPS FOR DEVS TO F***ing TO REBOOT.

Flag Post

10) Check back to make sure they didn’t sell all your cards at the same time

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shadowhopeful:

OUCH that would just me extremely mean

Flag Post

Bump back to the first page.

To be explicit, changing your password changes your canvas link. If you have ever shared your canvas link, then changing your password un-shares your old canvas link.

So if you have been unwise in the past, this is your chance to protect your account.

Change your password

Good post, Pip. Thanks.

Flag Post

11) Become bitter and catface someone else

Flag Post

I never shared my canvas link with anyone. How does changing my password make my account more secure?

Flag Post
Originally posted by Bascule2000:

I never shared my canvas link with anyone. How does changing my password make my account more secure?

well if your password is currently “1234567890” or “password” then changing it into almost anything else would make your account more secure

Flag Post

Aside from being a nuisance for yourself, changing password is never wrong, especially not in terms of security unless you change to something weaker.

Account token (the critical part of a canvas link) is based on password + game (to prevent maliculous devs from logging into other games with a person from getting canvas link for his own game) + something else as salt (I hope) hashed together. That’s why you should change password if you want to revoke canvas link access.

You also prevent output from stuff like keyloggers, accidental password sending and so on from exposing the password

Flag Post

This thread seems to assume we remember our password…

Flag Post

Excellent question. (Seriously.)

Since most of us have hundreds of logins and passwords for various websites and computers, most of us reuse passwords and account names to make it easier to manage our passwords. It is possible that your password was compromised on a different website or computer, and someone could use it here.

Or, if you logged in from another computer, or an old computer, or a computer that was stolen or borrowed, or a million other things, your password could be compromised.

Flag Post

Thank you for the guide, Pip.

In my opinion it would be nice if you could add, as a reminder, to change also Facebook password, if the account is linked to kongregate.
In that case, even if you change your kongregate password, it would still be possible to access using facebook credentials.

Flag Post

This is the saddest thread (or best troll) I have read on this forum.

Please move it to general discussion.

Flag Post

I change my password every month

Last month my password was Feb2013

Flag Post

To change password:

Send Private Message to Catepillar.

Include –
1. Current Password
2. Desired New Password

Make sure password is at least 6 digits long and includes a number.

There this should save people a few steps. Pip’s way seemed a little bit too complicated.

Flag Post

This thread remindes me of this:

Greetz
Al

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnM275:

I find it amusing, if only mildly, that shortly after I made this post uizito’s cards were all sold.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JohnM275:

I find it amusing, if only mildly, that shortly after I made this post uizito’s cards were all sold.

you are an evil evil man shadow.

Flag Post

lol

Flag Post

no one can guess my short password anyway

Flag Post
Originally posted by Roki123:

qwerty
love
year of birth
date of birth
a name of something close to you

Flag Post

Except a computer, guessing dozens of times per second.

Flag Post

no one can guess “myshortpasswordanyway”

Quick, someone log into his account!

Greetz
Al

Flag Post

uizito still needs to visit this thread. LOL.