If NeveBeta gets a card... (locked)

103 posts

Flag Post

Does everyone that dies, has died and will die get a card for dying while being a Tyrant player?

Let’s be rational here. She may have been an amazing player and an amazing friend but that doesn’t mean she should be monetized in a card game. Keep your memories with yourself and covet them dearly.

What will you tell people who didn’t know her and people who no longer have the chance to meet her? What of new players?

People die, this is known, but only the popular people get remembered? That’s just disrespectful guys.

I have no ill will toward NeveBeta. I provide only a logical opinion with serious questions.

• If Bama dies, does he get a card? What about TTekkers? What about Jose919? If you give a card in honor of one player, it is only fair to do this for every player.
  • If her card ‘sucks’, how would that make you feel? Would you feel that the Devs are disrespecting her death?
  • If her card is ‘amazing’, how would you go about giving it to players? Force them to buy it for Warbonds? Monetize her death? That’s horribly disrespectful to her. Give it to everyone for free? That’s disrespectful as well, but is the lesser of two evils. Make it gold purchasable? In what way? Again, that’s still monetizing her death.

TL;DR: Don’t make a card out of a dead player. You guys are being disrespectful.

Flag Post

Interesting. Using an entire list of fallacies just to get a little bit of attention (even if it comes by making a mockery out of the death of a cancer victim), probably is respectful in your world.

Psychorait, u so special.

Flag Post

Are you kidding me? A mod better lock this thread ASAP.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mak12393:

“Someone’s opinion is different than mine. Lock please.”

Flag Post

Jesus fucking Christ, Psycho you crossed the line there.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Except, he’s right. So someone quits. They want immortalized, so they have people pretend they die, seeing Neve was immortalized as a card. Then what? And don’t think some of these morons wouldn’t.

Immortalizing her as a card would be the Pig problem again. Not bad in isolation, but a bad precedent.

Flag Post

I didn’t know NeveBeta. So I’m talking in general here: I find it normal to say your condolences on the forum, it is the main communication medium for the community. But I would find it strange to dedicate an in-game card. For me, the game is not a medium for condolences.

Flag Post
Originally posted by JRJetu:

Except, he’s right. So someone quits. They want immortalized, so they have people pretend they die, seeing Neve was immortalized as a card. Then what? And don’t think some of these morons wouldn’t.

Immortalizing her as a card would be the Pig problem again. Not bad in isolation, but a bad precedent.

It’s not about that. You can argue that point in the other thread. You could also wait a bit so people can get some distance. You could use well thought out, respectful language. This is about making a thread about a very sad event that will surely anger people purely for attention. Quite sad, actually.

Flag Post
Originally posted by commonkey:

I didn’t know NeveBeta. So I’m talking in general here: I find it normal to say your condolences on the forum, it is the main communication medium for the community. But I would find it strange to dedicate an in-game card. For me, the game is not a medium for condolences.

This. A simple RIP thread is okay. A card is silly.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sighaknight:

It’s not about that. You can argue that point in the other thread. You could also wait a bit so people can get some distance. You could use well thought out, respectful language. This is about making a thread about a very sad event that will surely anger people purely for attention. Quite sad, actually.

Stupid things are brought about because of emotions far too commonly. If there’s any truth in what is said here, why wait until it’s too late?
I put this here, without any disrespectful language because I won’t taint the original thread, and I didnt wan’t to start a debate where everyone would be complete assholes about logic. I almost never agree with Psycho, but this time, he is right.
Even if Psycho is just trying to get attention, he’s right.

Flag Post

Who is NeveBeta?

Flag Post

I never ‘try’ to get attention. I feel that is just an assumption many jump to in order to ‘straw-man’ me, or however you say it.

Anyways, on topic. I did not post this in order to anger people, but instead, to make them think about what they’re asking for. It’s truly disrespectful to her and to others who have died. That never crossed your minds though, did it? Many Tyrant players have died over the years, they didn’t get cards. What makes one player more worthy than another?

I mean no disrespect, that is why I created a separate thread, as not to pollute the ‘good intentions’ thread.

I played Runescape five years ago. I met my currently deceased ex-Girlfriend on that game. I would hate for her to be remembered by making her be put in that game, in any form. A forgetful character no-one cares about? A weapon or clothing no one will use? What’s the point of that, other than to make me feel better?

inb4inbredtrollstrytomakefunofRunescape

Originally posted by lonelyterrorist:

Who is NeveBeta?

Case in point.

Flag Post
Originally posted by PsychoRaito:

I never ‘try’ to get attention. I feel that is just an assumption many jump to in order to ‘straw-man’ me, or however you say it.

You just make threads knowing you’ll get it. amiright?

Flag Post

You just make threads knowing you’ll get it. amiright?

Pfft. I’ll get it whether I want it or not. I only make threads when I feel I have something to contribute. Be it a half-baked idea or an attempt at helping people be more rational about a … situation? It applies to more than deceased players. Pyro Rig. Splitting Jam into Immobilize/Phase…

Anyways, it helps to know what people think.

Now, if I really wanted attention I would created a thread like this: “NeveBeta’s death is a cover-up by the Devs to continue distracting us from the 20+ factions being catfaced without a cause being stated, as well as distraction us from the horrible and hastily rushed Promos!”

Flag Post

I think is a legitimate thread, that need a good response.

The response is no.

No, a cards cannot be made for all player that die (for any reason), suffer, go away or help in the game and is a good thing because iother players can start feeling bad cause them will see themself “less useful”.

But.

A card for a player is not impossible, Pip is a good example, not a thing that is done normally but once in a while.

Obviously if i start seeying all players getting a card i will start to complain but people must look at things in a wider and impersonal way, i’d like to get a Maharid card in the game but i don’t really help and if i die little to none people will care or even know so is nearly impossible.

One thing that is possible is that devs will make some cards called Moraku, DarkBlood1, sss1 and so on, i will surely see this as a sign of respect for those players that try to help the community and not in any other type of negative way.

As for Neve, i don’t know her and even if i am italian i am supporting the request of the a card only cause i see that a lot of users liked her and i feel it touching, a card named after her in Tyrant will not be the biggest thing in the world but a little way to remember her.

I don’t think that this will happen, is more easy that useful players get cards cause the usefulness of them is without question but a card for people like neve will be only for sentimental ways and only a part of the community can see the benefits, only the onles that know and liked the player.

But trying is not a bad thing, on the contrary, is a way for the people that loved a player to get him\her remembered bu the whole community, is unlikely to happen but is positive, attacking those people in any way is only disrespectful to the player in question and a way to easy flaming, a thing that must be evaded.

Flag Post

I think Psycho has a point. The devs should have enough experience to make this call, there are cons to making such a card.

If it had to happen I think it would be best to make it a structure (NeveBeta’s Memorial or something) or an Action, not an avatar via assault/commander.

Also possibly an out of meta card, even an “empty” Action card with no abilities like Psycho suggested for example. Obvious reasons I think.

Overall I agree with a lot that’s been said in this thread, a memorial card sounds weird to me. I know there’s a Gary Gygax memorial in a D&D online game for example but it’s quite different and it doesn’t influence the game. Also doesn’t create a precedent either, while in this case it would. I know it must be very hard right now but think about pros/cons rather than just “+1”. My 2 cents.

Flag Post

my 2 cents = lock it down

Flag Post

Someone didn’t quit. Someone died.

That being said, these people are insane. I posted in their other thread and received a torrent of hateful comments via pm and shouts, which I deleted accordingly. Beware.

When you react more to the death of an online friend then you would to the death of an irl friend, I’d suggest counseling.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Mak12393:

“Someone’s opinion is different than mine. Lock please.”

You have no idea what my opinion is on this matter. Your thread deserves to be locked because:

1. There’s already a thread you can discuss your opinion on about the card. You made this thread for the sole purpose of getting attention.

2. The tone in your post sounds very harsh towards her death. Logic is nice and all, but when it comes to death, people (especially her friends) will view this as a hateful post.

If you really can’t see the problem in this thread that you made, then I feel pity for you.

Flag Post

I agree with both Psycho and Eonian on the grounds that a player died not quit. Death is some serious shit.

Though I wholeheartedly support an acknowledgement of the devs on behalf of her death and the people affected by it, I think a card is a cheap cop-out from an actual DEV thread expressing their genuine concerns. I think creating a simple card to commemorate her takes away from the gravity of her death and cancer.

If the devs really wanted to integrate her into the game, a better solution would be to incorporate her into the storyline. This way, she’ll be memorialized and her death and the stats of a stupid card under her name will never be talked about in the same sentence.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Provokes:

If the devs really wanted to integrate her into the game, a better solution would be to incorporate her into the storyline. She’ll be memorialized and her death and the stats of her card will never be in the same sentence.

+1