Pros, Cons, & Suggestions

53 posts

Flag Post

Pros:

1) No energy!

2) Can get Ounces (real $$ in-game currency) for free by logging in every day.

3) Tournaments seem based off skill because everyone gets new cards to use and can not use their old cards.

Cons:

1) The game is based on a lot of luck. Fighting is very random/luck dependant due to dice rolls. You must have 30-50 cards in a deck, 15 are randomly selected for you to put into battle, but you can only use a max of 12-14 cards.

2) Very slow to gain Imperials (free in-game currency) and extremely slow to gain Ounces (real $$ in-game currency) for free.

3) Completing quests in the main way to gain Imperials.

4) Quests seem very hard/random to complete.

5) No PvE other than training, but you might have a quest that asks you to win some training matches.
6) PvP only gives exp, but can help you complete quests.

7) The shop: has 9 cards for sell at a time , and it changes every 8 hours.

8) The shop: has mini-packs for sell for Imperials, but you can only get common cards from packs.

9) Tournaments cost Ounces to play.

10) Pets let you sell cards, but die if you don’t feed them, food cost Imperials. Seems that unless you are buying hundreds of cards, Pets are worthless.

11) No info about the different elements at the start of the game when you must pick an element.

12) Can not change you element, not even for Ounces. Can not make another “character” on the same account.

Suggestions:

1) Have free tournaments at least once a day WITH some prizes.

2) You should win some Imperials for all PvP matches, win or lose.

3) Reduce the minimal deck size to 20 to reduce the luck factor.

4) Allow us to change elements for free!

5) Add Tyrant style PvE.

6) Add custom card building.

7) Change the shop; all single cards should be able to be bought at any time, mini-packs should have a small chance of giving frequent/rare/ultra-rare cards.

8) Change pets. Not much of a point of having them now unless you are spending a few hundred dollars on the game a month.

Conclusion:

I give the game 2/5 because it works, but it seems like another money grabbing facebook game ported to Kong.

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator

Flag Post

Thank you for your feedback! Unfortunately we can’t change rules and game mechanics, because Berserk Universe is based on TCG Berserk(2002).

Flag Post

suggestion: please give us a rulebook/guide on how combat works and also of other things. i know that you can click on card and some of its effects are explained there, but not all, for example what is special strike, and its annoying to have to find it out by trial.
Also it would be great if we could know how talismans work, how exactly pets work, etc.

in your ad, you said that this game was “hard to learn, hard to master” but i dont think you should be making it even harder to leard by hiding out-of combat mechanics from us. I have never been in tournament, but im planning to save my daily ounces for it, but then what if it lasts for like, 4 hours, and i dont have that much time and would have to leave. Of course, i could ask other players in chat, but it would be better if we could just read it somewhere.

im just new here, so maybe there is a rulebook/guide i dont know about, in which case i would suggest putting a big help button in game that would get you there.

Flag Post

7) Change the shop; all single cards should be able to be bought at any time, mini-packs should have a small chance of giving frequent/rare/ultra-rare cards.

8) Change pets. Not much of a point of having them now unless you are spending a few hundred dollars on the game a month.

<

Agreed! A lot of good point, but those stand out as particularly excellent. Pets are, expensive and useless to most at the moment.

Flag Post

Pet is VERY useful at the moment, it’s the ONLY way to get different rare cards with imperials Without pet, imperial will become useless pretty fast, as soon as you acquire sufficient copies of all of the frequent/commons that is.

Here is how: 10500 for a random rare—buy starters and sell the C/F. This leaves 2 Rares for 4200(7000-2800), 5 such rares(2100 each, 10500 total) can be used to exchange for a random rare.

otherwise, the only way to get rares is through ounce, talisman or level up. No other way with imperial.

granted…. I won’t mind chicken being cheaper.

Flag Post

U should add an auto match button (like random battle) but for rating games, for now the only way to play rating is to create a challenge, so, u choose ur opponent wich is totaly unfair because high rated players will never find opponents and u can choose only new players to keep winning…

Flag Post

An other thing,

when u play a game, and ur opponent think he is going to loose he quickly surrend (sometimes at the early beggining of a battle) and u got very little bonus exp and rating, and he loose just a little bit himself. It’s very frustrating cause it s easy to quit games early when u face a good army (just by looking at the field at the first turn) and u are not penalized. So u can choose easy opponents to play, and just quick surrend against hardest one and near never loose rating, surrending should be much more penalizing, because, ifu have a good file u will face a lots of people wich are doing this and u will never been able to level up because of poor exp gained, so exp gained should not been based on the time passed in a battle but much on the RATING difference of the 2 players

Flag Post

Thank you for suggestions! They will be analyzed soon.

Flag Post

less important, but when you go to look at your decks, i ve tried to class them, it helps a lot to organize them in a certain order when u are making a lots of them wich is a great part of satisfaction for some players (versatility).U can move them in different order, but each time they shuffle again and become in desorder.

Flag Post

Thank you very much! We will add this feature.

Flag Post

Canopy Lurker seems a bit overpowered, i ve seen a lots of files abusing his ability to not taking damages, even a file full common can handle near anything, the unit is impossible to kill before file wipping anything other and at end game it still have many counters on it.
I ve tested the file and i ve never been beated whith it.
First complaint about this unit but i m sure others will come.

Flag Post

For Canopy Lurker abuse, it can beggin the game with 9 counters on it!! My idea is just to fix a max number of counter on the unit (don t know how many, maybe 3 or 4)

Flag Post

Other deck i ve tested wich looks far too mutch insane is curse combo with disable all others unit to act, but i need more testing to be sure on this one, still unbeated with it too…but this one is not focused on the might of one unit , even if Quetzian and Talgatha are key characters in it, so it looks harder to do something about it. This one can be taken out by particular files but really not a tons off.

Flag Post

8 not 9.
I think at least half the problem lies in the fact that a lot of players would attack lurker before it loses its counter and thus waste their attack power.

Flag Post

i ve played this file and i beggin with 9 counters, and it s evident u don t have to focus on lurker…. he can t take damages, but at end game lurker still have counters…. 9 is too much

Flag Post

oh? it only have 8 adjacent spots, how does it gain 9? is there another cards that adds counter to other cards?
And while you and I know not to focus on lurkers…. there are a lot of people who don’t. My lurker (with counter) gets attacked rather frequently.

Flag Post

lasic, try to use Terror of the Swamps versus Canopy Lurker you’ll be surprised :) There is no “imba” cards or combination of cards. All can be countered by the other cards.

Flag Post

sure but i don t want to play ToS just for that, and if u tell it i trust u, i surely need a lot more comprehension of the game…

Flag Post

I just got a daily quest that reads “get a darkness terrain from a booster”
I don’t think there should be daily quests that REQUIRE you to spend ounce. And considering I haven’t been playing this for months, requiring $$ payment.
I’m fine with it being part of the achievement quests but daily is a bit….

Flag Post

Hi! I’ve got good news about your suggestion.We will add new missions without spending ounces next month.

Flag Post

Timer for selecting ur deck looks way too long (particularly whenb ur oponent is afk…) i think 1min30 should be sufficient cause it don’t need strategy, just selecting a deck and clic next is quick so the 4min30 actually running are really to long i think

Flag Post
Originally posted by lasic:

Timer for selecting ur deck looks way too long (particularly whenb ur oponent is afk…) i think 1min30 should be sufficient cause it don’t need strategy, just selecting a deck and clic next is quick so the 4min30 actually running are really to long i think

On that note, can we have the crystal count for the match shown in the deck selection screen?
A lot of people go into a custom game w/o knowing what the crystal set up is, this is especially true if the match is a rated one so that instead of showing a C, it will show as R.
I’ve made decks specifically for high crystal count, high single crystal count(high gold low silver or vice versa) etc “weird” crystal games. That might be the only “tactic” required when it comes to deck choosing and right now it isn’t very useful as half the time the person won’t even know.

Flag Post

I suggest letting the 3rd and 4th player in a tourney fight for a tiny reward. Doesn’t have to be much, 5 ounces or even 100 imp will do. I simply feel that tourney fights are loads of fun and there should be 2 fights for every player in the tourney.

For anyone who don’t like to waste the time: you COULD just surrender that second fight (if you are 3rd/4th) and end up in the exact same shoes as you are now—no additional reward, no time wasted.

Also for tournament, if possible, can we have a weak filler cards added for the last 1-2 picks?
right now, the last pick will give a completely useless card in about 1 in 3 tourney. And generally speaking, there is nothing you can do to really avoid it. I personally have gotten the black armor and a Allamor when i had no darkness/forest cards respectively for the last pick.
As you see, I suggest only for a WEAK filler so planning would still be an issue, and it won’t change the game too much. it’s more for psychological reason than practical as it’s REALLY annoying to be unable to use a card when you only get 7.

Flag Post

isn’t Cybio a little too mutch powerfull? if u take a unit of cost 8 of the opponent it’s a + 12 crystal bonus for u on the field!! even if u take a lvl6 unit, it’s + 8 bonus for you looks crazy to me but maybe i’m again not well understanding all the game mechanics (even if u destroy one of the unit used to take control, it’s still possible to use it again)