forest and plain

4 posts

Flag Post

Is it just my think or plain starter is better than forest and mountain starter?

Flag Post

it’s easier to use, not necessarily better. Forest&mountain cards require ALOT of synergy play, for example, loads of forest guardians to make your lurker almost invincible or increasing the power of your archer shots. At the same time, mountain relies heavily on formation and gains 20-50% extra power when formation is properly maintained.
Steppes/swamp cards on the other hand, at least the ones from the starter, are all single-card powerhouse, so to speak. They require little if any synergy with each other and can just charge head first.

From my observation, a well placed and carefully played forest/mountain seems to be stronger than steppes/swamp while should the formation on the forest/mountain break due to either bad placement or draws or game play, the steppes/swamp will win. This is true at least from the starter cards, probably will change once you get more cards. This is probably why forest/mountain starter is rated “expert” while Steppes/swamp receive easy rating as one require more careful management than the other.

Flag Post

I see but due to this game rely on a lot of luck when drawing 15 cards forest/mountain are really disadvantage

Flag Post

well, if you draw a good hand you would be stronger~
it’s like the roll of dice, S/P is 3-7 while F/M is 1-9. average is all 5 but F/M have a bigger variance.