Here are the patch notes for the week of April 26, 2013.
Here is The State of the Game for April 2013.
As always, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message on my Kongregate Profile.
Please note that all postings here must abide by Kongregate’s Forum rules set forth here (while it was posted in LoTS forums, it is a very good description for all games.) If you aren’t sure of something, please read this to make sure your post won’t be deleted. All of the Moderators are very friendly from my experience, and will be glad to help, ESPECIALLY if you are showing interest in abiding by forum rules.
Second, this forum is primarily used for communication among members of Khemri that are too cumbersome to fit inside Guild chat, such as a list of helpful websites, what raid(s) will be summoned next, etc. Other people/Guilds are of course allowed to view messages here (not like I can stop you), but please do not post anything here. If you would like to make a suggestion, feel free to Private Message my Kongregate Profile.
Finally, please post your DotD name at the end of everyone of your posts, so that if someone DOES try to be a troll and do/say something stupid, everyone will know what is really going on.
Here are some helpful links for starting the game off:
Userscripts that are highly suggested for this game are:
SRDotDX – wpatter6/JHunz by wpatter6 and JHunz which formats Kongregate’s chat to allow you to see the name of the raid, it’s FS/OS, if you have visited it before, and even keeps a record of raids that have been posted in chat. It also allows you to import/export a massive amount of raids to and from chat or Pastebin, and allows you to join multiple raids with a single click.
DotD Raid Catcher also developed by wpatter6 and JHunz caches all publicly posted raids, and then allows ANYONE in any room to retrieve raids. However, to make sure you aren’t just leeching from the cache, you need to post raids in order to to retrieve raids of the same size from the cache. For example, if you post a colossal raid only, then you will only be able to retrieve colossal raids from the cache. If you want to retrieve large raids, then you will needs to have posted a large raid recently. If you want to retrieve any size raid, then you need to post all size raids and basically make sure all size raids you can summon are either alive or on cooldown. As soon as the cooldown is gone, you will need to soon summon a raid of that size again.
Quickfriend by Doomcat, which allows you to add everyone in the chat room as your friend. This is very useful when going for the fleet badge. Note that you will have to refresh Firefox after installing this script if you are using it.
Pastebins that are regularly updated.
Great if you are looking for farming raids or just raids to spend your stamina on, and aren’t looking for quick to die raids like Hograk or Maraak.
Some raids do not have traditional FS/OS. Instead, they have tiers you reach in order to get loot. Here are some links for loot tiers for different raids:
Here are some links for specific pieces of information:
There is a Wikia for this game. It can be found at http://dotd.wikia.com. This will have almost everything you could possibly need to know about this game. Want to know what items are needed for getting the legendary Shield of Rhyndor? Do a search, and you’ll find the items needed here. Want to know the FS/OS of a Guild raid before summoning it, and how much health and time the raid will have? A link for those can also by found on the top of the page, under Gameplay and then Guild Raids.
Dawn of the Dragons Official Website
Want to find out about upcoming events, patch notes, and other forums for DotD besides on Kongregate? http://www.dawnofthedragons.com/forums has all the official news you could ever need.
There aren’t too many guild rules, only seven. I’ve mentioned all of these on or off before (except possibly the first one, which so far people have been following anyway), but I’m going to list them all here for new people. Of these seven rules, the first four are absolute and will never change, while the other three may change depending on the circumstances.
1. The first Guild rule is to be mature, and not to use (ironically) mature language in Guild chat. If you follow the same rules as Kongregate chat or Kongregate Forum rules, everything will be fine.
2. If you want to summon a raid, or have someone else do it, please make sure the Guild can handle a new raid. Not a big concern usually, but a big deal if Rhalmarius is up.
3. Any level player is welcome.
4. If you are going to be gone from the game for a long time, like more than a month, but WILL be coming back, make sure to send me a Private Message on my Kongregate or in-game profile about when you will be coming back (I don’t need to know why you are temporarily leaving, just let me know it is only temporary.) If you don’t do that, I’ll assume you have grown bored of the game and won’t be coming back, and you will be removed from the Guild so other people can join.
The following three rules may change IF there is repeated breaking of the previous four rules.
5. Player’s who join who are Lv. 100+, or member who reach 100+, will become Officers.
6. All other people will be promoted to Soldier when they are accepted into the Guild.
7. These are the following Permissions a Guild Leader MAY give out to each rank, and what I have given out.
- Approve/Deny Applications: Officers have this ability.
- Summon Enemies: Officers have this ability.
- Promote/Demote/Kick: Officers have this ability. If they accept an application for the guild, they have to promote them to Soldier.
- Change Announcement: Officers have this ability.
- Change Permissions: I have reserved this right to myself only.
- Remove Magic: Soldiers and Officers can do this. IMO, 5th Planet Games should allow raid creators to choose whether to allow other people to remove tactics or not, and to lock down certain ones that the creator definitely wants to keep, but oh well.
Some misc information. If you want to post a raid privately to someone in-game, or post it in Guild chat, you only need the “kv_raid_id” and after posted. This can be done by clicking the Red Alert Button for a raid, pasting it in chat or the URL, deleting everything before “kv_raid_id”, then copying that into the message or Guild chat.
Another very useful thing is http://www.kongregate.com/pages/formatting, which will show how to format posts in this thread. If you want to do things like make links that only involve clicking a single or several words, making bold or italicized words, even making headers, boxes like this and the previous paragraph are in, or even posting images, then that page will explain everything. Then again, the rest of the posts should be simple, but if you want to post a screenshot in this forum, then that page will show you how.
Ok, that’s everything. Again, if you need any help or have any questions, feel free to send me a Private Message on my Kongregate Profile.