Suggesgons On the Game (actually turned into an idea box so post away) page 3

141 posts

Flag Post

Make different classes give bonuses at base and out and about? Or maybe a new class entirely, though someone smarter than me could suggest it.

Engineers give a reduced build time, Medics reduce injury time, Recon could speed up return time, Scavengers are that much better at finding that hidden pocket on a corpse that contains a back up gun, etc.

Liking the idea of raider bases, kind of starting to go offthis game at level ~14, everyhting takes days to build and I’ve run each location so many times that I just automate it and come back every three hours to rinse and repeat.

Flag Post

How about identifying looting spots (boxes, desks, corpses, and everything else) with a green box? Like when you hover and a white dotted box appears, but being always visible (until looted) and in a different color than white.

Flag Post

I don’t know if this is possible, but something like a replay button to see raids on our compound ( while we’re offline) would be nice. allows for some analysis of our compound defense

Flag Post

I would pay fuel to run a “drill” on my compound to test it’s defenses. Maybe run ur survivors against your own compound.

Flag Post

I added this in another thread:

Currently, I like to use different weapons based on which missions I go on. For example, when I run missions, I like to give most of my fighters melee weapons with vests. This allows them to be meatshields and also save ammo. When I raid, however, any fighters I bring usually have different weapons/accessories for the situation.

The short of it is, I like the fact that we have a separate loadout for both offense and defense, but I also use more than one offensive setup. When swapping gear out, it can be rather annoying to sift through the dozens of different mods/weapons that are waiting to be recycled to re-equip my survivors. Worse yet, I’m afraid of accidentally recycling my better mods.

Could we please get a way to “mark” or “favorite” items as important so that we can easily select and equip them again? It would make re-equipping my survivors a lot easier. Another idea would be to add a third loadout that is specific to raiding, i.e. offensive, defensive, and raid.

I think it would also be cool to have some sort of marker on you compound that you could use to gauge your survivors’ line of sight. One of the key components to successful defense during raids is to make sure the enemy can’t dodge your fire in blind spots, especially around the doors of your compound. My proposal is something like a rally flag that you can place; interacting with it tells you how many of your survivors can currently see, and thus fire upon, that spot.

Flag Post

Make ding dongs cost less bolts, because one-use items shouldn’t cost 20+.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Keatsy:

Make different classes give bonuses at base and out and about? Or maybe a new class entirely, though someone smarter than me could suggest it.

Engineers give a reduced build time, Medics reduce injury time, Recon could speed up return time, Scavengers are that much better at finding that hidden pocket on a corpse that contains a back up gun, etc.

Liking the idea of raider bases, kind of starting to go offthis game at level ~14, everyhting takes days to build and I’ve run each location so many times that I just automate it and come back every three hours to rinse and repeat.

Medics and Scavengers already have something at work by developers: enemy informations and luck. Recon can do better than fighters with ranged weapons, engineers is a good suggestion but when you have tons of buildings already there couldn’t be the risk of mass converting from engineer to other classes?

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

If logic is a problem, than you tell me why pouring precious fuel onto your buildings magically finishes them. XD

tOO TRUE :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by elmariachi17:

I don’t know if this is possible, but something like a replay button to see raids on our compound ( while we’re offline) would be nice. allows for some analysis of our compound defense

+1

Flag Post
Originally posted by Andareo:
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

If logic is a problem, than you tell me why pouring precious fuel onto your buildings magically finishes them. XD

tOO TRUE :O

Fuel>Generator>Speeds up buildings>Epic way of wasting money.

Flag Post
Originally posted by thecartm:

Yeah this thing has turned into a sugesgeon box so go on right ahead and post friends.
Places
-—————————————-
Gas Station
This would be a place that contains a lot of cars and double the chance for fuel rate. However, due to large fat cake rates, there is a lot of fat zombies and +1 to zombie level.

Graveyards
Areas with lots of zombies. Meant to be a training place with little/no loot and an extremely short or long timers.

Junkyards
Fields and fields of junk. Lots of zombies, too, due to discarded meat or something.

Farms/Factories/Water Filtering Areas
Areas with more food than water or vice-verca. Doesn’t contain much due to being a high priority for looting in the beginning of the apocalypse.

Power Plants/ Special hospitals
Places containing junk but linked to the storyline aspect (Powerplants mysteriously shutting down, discovery of the zombie virus)

Most of these are good ideas, except for the graveyard having zombies en masse.
Infected human beings would reanimate far before they could be buried in a graveyard so logic dictates that graveyards would actually be pretty much empty of zombies.
Even if a zombie would be buried in a graveyard, it could never claw itself out of the box into the ground.

Flag Post

Here’s my share of opinions:

Idle survivors in your compound should perform actions like eating, sleeping, drinking, cleaning weapons etc.

Since you’re in the middle of a city, zombie attacks should be much more common(around every hour a small attack, and less often bigger hordes)
and I would love it if sometimes a random zombie would stumble into your compound.

Weather should play a role in missions, food and water production, survivor efficienty while fighting etc.

Furthermore, when completing all requirements for a new survivor you should get a quest to go to a certain building/park/street.etc to recruit him/her.

And lastly you should be capable to occupy a different compound with different layout(Taking over a residence, hospital, supermarket, street etc.)

Flag Post

I would like an “auto junk” function for new weapons/ gear thats below a certain (adjustable) threshold.

If i have gear with +30% reload, I dont want gear that has less then that. I will only recycle it anyway.
So let me set filters for those gears:
For example gloves. I say I dont want any gloves that have less then 20% scavenge and no other property.
I now find ones that have only 19%. They automaticaly get marked for recycling so that i dont have to search myself stupid trying to clean my inventory.
If i find ones with +19% scavenge and +5% accuracy they will be keept since they have 2 properties.

Flag Post

It’d be an extra challenge if occasionally a building was unexpectedly occupied by another group of survivors, who, seeing you as raiders, would attack you to defend their home. It’d make you consider more possibilities when choosing your team and make the levels less predictable.

Flag Post

Gas Station
Gas Station
Gas Station

Make it hard but make it

gas station with a convience store

Flag Post

Sorry if repeat.

There should be, what I would call a Behaviour Setting somewhere which would allow an individual to be:
Passive = A survivor will not attack enemies unless he/she gets attacked. (Would be kind of dangerous to use if one is not very good at multitasking survivors.)
Defensive = 1. A survivor will not attack enemies unless they come into weapon range, 2. will also stop whatever he/she is doing and 3. stay position/area.
Aggressive = The survivor that is chosen will hunt down any enemies that the survivor can see.

Flag Post

Being able to find survivors or injured/near to death survivors in wherever and whatever way, like twice a year it could be a 20% chance to find a near death survivor, in which if you recruit could take 35 days to heal back up t full health, and/or a 5% chance to find a survivor. This ‘event’ could last for a month in which a survivor could stumble his/her way into your compound.

Also, we should be able to have pets, cats, dogs, goldfish maybe. Pets would use food and water, this way one could exchange food and water for morale. … A pet zombie? It would be leashed of course.

Flag Post

Being able to extend your compound would be awesome.
Being able to build a second floor or another Building in your compound.
Being able to occupy an area to convert it into a new compound(it would be like starting from the beginning, but having the option to transport resources from one compound to another (50% of being raided by zombies?)). This could prevent a compound from exploding with survivors.
The death mobile could have upgrades, faster return time.

Flag Post

I don’t know If anybody has thought of this yet, but you should be able to click something or double click a person or your leader to select all of your survivors, or some sort of way to link certain survivors together so you can move small groups of people during raids or scavenging missions.

Flag Post

The “Build Now” button shouldn’t be so close to the “Build” button, and it certainly shouldn’t be the first button you mouse over on the mouse path to the “Build” button. I keep wasting resources because it’s the first build button I see.

Flag Post

I think it would be nice to have an “arena.” A place that doesn’t give resources, but lets you fight zombies for a time or a limit. It would be only a couple spaces in the city and maybe one being the stadium. It would help bring your low level units up to be on par with your first few survivors. I’ve confronted the problem of acquiring weapons that are 2+ levels higher than my highest survivor. I want to continue on, but when i can’t use any items it seems pointless to continue on. I get good levels of resources and food/water so i don’t need to move.

I wish we could expand from the typical 10, not that I’ve Gotten all 10, but making them independent of each other. Letting one of your survivors break off and start a new compound. Such that you can then recruit more people and start the process over again. Of course that would take away places to scavenge so people would have to pick and choose where they want to do it. You could have to barricade the holes where they zed creep through and they can break through for attacks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dalamite:
Originally posted by thecartm:

Yeah this thing has turned into a sugesgeon box so go on right ahead and post friends.
Places
-—————————————-
Gas Station
This would be a place that contains a lot of cars and double the chance for fuel rate. However, due to large fat cake rates, there is a lot of fat zombies and +1 to zombie level.

Graveyards
Areas with lots of zombies. Meant to be a training place with little/no loot and an extremely short or long timers.

Junkyards
Fields and fields of junk. Lots of zombies, too, due to discarded meat or something.

Farms/Factories/Water Filtering Areas
Areas with more food than water or vice-verca. Doesn’t contain much due to being a high priority for looting in the beginning of the apocalypse.

Power Plants/ Special hospitals
Places containing junk but linked to the storyline aspect (Powerplants mysteriously shutting down, discovery of the zombie virus)

Most of these are good ideas, except for the graveyard having zombies en masse.
Infected human beings would reanimate far before they could be buried in a graveyard so logic dictates that graveyards would actually be pretty much empty of zombies.
Even if a zombie would be buried in a graveyard, it could never claw itself out of the box into the ground.

Yeah,makes sense.

Flag Post

Nerfing the Shotgun and Long rifle DPS to be lower than automatics while gaining (Or in case of long rifles keeping) Unique abilites.
Shotguns should have high (Blunt-level) Knockback
Autmatics are used to deal raw damage
Long rifles have range
Pistols are quick to reload and cheap to get ammo for

right now long rifles just seem like straight upgrades to assault rifles (LMGS win out in medium range due to scaling with survivor skill and large clips)

Letting engineers repair your base while it’s being attacked seems like a good idea, just have to be coded right

Flag Post

heres a suggestion some of us cant exactly see at night time to do missions either do away with the night time feature or giv us flashlight or lanterns so we can see half of my nighttime missions are so dark i cant see to even move around i cant see the zombies the furniture nothin and since it seems like every other mission its dark somthings gotta giv especially when i send out 4 teams and the 2nd and 4th team being 10 minutes apart get stuck doin night missions:/

Flag Post
Originally posted by shasz:

heres a suggestion some of us cant exactly see at night time to do missions either do away with the night time feature or giv us flashlight or lanterns so we can see half of my nighttime missions are so dark i cant see to even move around i cant see the zombies the furniture nothin and since it seems like every other mission its dark somthings gotta giv especially when i send out 4 teams and the 2nd and 4th team being 10 minutes apart get stuck doin night missions:/

Yeah sounds nice, we could put the double A batteries to use and craft some flashlights :D