Suggesgons On the Game (actually turned into an idea box so post away) page 6

141 posts

Flag Post

I’d like a follow command during missions.
Would be nice to be able to call a zombie assult. Taking a drive in the deathmobile to be able to test defenses, this could also require some food to be used as bait.

Flag Post

Game needs more long rifles. The M24 is nice and all but it’s pain in the ass reload and rate of fire doesn’t make it good to use in missions. Maybe some semi-auto snipers.
RSASS ( can be found in lvl 18+areas);
50-65 damage per shot.
Range: 22 ( might be a bit high)
Attacks per second: 2
Accuracy: 70%
Capacity: 10
Noise: 15
Knockback: 5%
Ammo cost: 95

Might be a bit overpowered but it’s just a thought.

Flag Post

There already is the FAL. On lvl 23 it does 35-39 damage. Range 20. 3.33 attacks per second. 65% acc. 20 capacity. 10% knock back. 16 noise…

Flag Post

It’s annoying to klick all the junk one for one. IT’S JUNK – it has no other use than be recycled. So please make a button at the recycler: “recycle all junk” or “fill with junk”. This should fill the recycler with the first (50 bzw. 70…etc.) junk items until it is full, or you don’t have any left.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Chip56:

There already is the FAL. On lvl 23 it does 35-39 damage. Range 20. 3.33 attacks per second. 65% acc. 20 capacity. 10% knock back. 16 noise…

FAL has lower damage. It’s just nice to have something with a bigger punch than the FAL.

Flag Post

I had this ("glitch"file:///C:/Users/Hongrui/Pictures/DZ%20Glitch.jpg) So I was thinking about ghillie suits being a gear item.

Flag Post

How about a ‘dropbox’ at compounds where you could leave messages for other survivors. It seems odd that I can ‘raid’ and I can ‘help’ but I can’t actually talk to the other survivors except if they are on chat or the radio.

Also, having the leader gain all exp makes the game lopsided. Don’t know of a better solution – just saying…

Flag Post
Originally posted by orangeeyes:

How about a ‘dropbox’ at compounds where you could leave messages for other survivors. It seems odd that I can ‘raid’ and I can ‘help’ but I can’t actually talk to the other survivors except if they are on chat or the radio.

Also, having the leader gain all exp makes the game lopsided. Don’t know of a better solution – just saying…

If the mission is succesful with no casualties, all the survivors taking part in the mission (asides from the leader) get an xp bonus.

Flag Post

When I saw this thread was 6 pages long, I kinda gave up on reading after the first page, so sorry if any of this is repetitive, but here we go:

The opportunity to “upgrade” our compound Essentially, make it bigger so we could fit more stuff in it. I realize that technically there’s no logical explanation for why the warehouse you’ve made your base magically got bigger, but maybe you could rationalize it by saying that your band of survivors got so big that they had to find a bigger place to stay; if this is the case, all of your buildings might go into a temporary inventory or something, and you’d get a larger location (with a different appearance, of course). It would be covered in junk piles that would obviously need to be removed (maybe some holes in the wall that needed to be filled in). You could place your items from your temporary inventory into your new base, with a “build”-or in this case “rebuild” or “move in/ transfer” time. Alternatively, if a group of survivors got big enough, it wouldn’t be that much of a stretch to say that maybe they expanded to surrounding buildings to create a kind of community, so “upgrading” your base could just mean expanding to other buildings.

-A “prioritize” option for tasks In the menu that shows us what tasks are currently be carried out by your survivors, make it so we can change the priority of what gets listed by type of task, when the task was started, or time remaining. My issue so far has been that I’ve wished I could set it so that I could see what had the least amount of time left at the top of the list so that way when it was under 5 minutes I could just hit the “speed up” button without having to search for it.

-More people, less time It makes no sense that, say, a junk pile that takes x number of hours/ days to complete with one survivor clearing it would still take that amount of time with, say, 4 people. It would make more sense if the more survivors you had working on a task, the less amount of time it would take.

-Make the deathmobile upgradable I know this one has been said already, but it makes sense that the survivors would either try to upgrade the car when they had the resources for it, or replace it. This would cut down on the amount of time players could shave off of return times for missions; obviously, the requirements for being able to upgrade it (player level, resources required, time necessary for doing so) would have to counterbalance this to make it so it’s not game-breaking.

-Make the fuel tank upgradable/ movable Same rational on the upgradable thing as the deathmobile. Also, not being able to move it has been a minor nuisance in terms of how I’ve been able to plan out the layout of my base.

-hunting expeditions Assuming all of the animals in the area haven’t been infected, have survivors go hunting/ foraging for food. High food yield, and possibly a materials yield in that there might be wood to scavenge and maybe the survivors could turn animal hide into cloth. Have the survivors have to fight either attacking animals (whose bodies the could then scavenge for food) or possibly infected animals (obviously to be left behind/ burnt afterwords). Have there be a new related class: Hunter. Maybe an additional one of Forager who is an expert on berries/ eatable plants (gathers from bushes and trees faster).

animals Playing off of some suggestions I saw on the first page, have animal-related events. Have a cat or dog wander into the base every now and then. The player could choose to keep it or not-if they chose to keep it, they could choose to make it a pet, which could increase moral, or serve some kind of function, such as making cats mousers or dogs either guard or hunting animals. Also, have mice enter the compound and try to eat your food or something (the mousing cats would counteract that).

Flag Post

I have no idea why the first x number of lines in a few of my paragraphs are crossed out. Not used to the formatting for these forums. Sorry!

Flag Post

Sorry for the triple post (is there an edit button somewhere? If not, I feel like that needs to happen….) but I’d like to go on the record as saying that I disagree with the people who stated that we shouldn’t need to choose to gather from our farms and collection areas or to recycle junk. There have been plenty of times when my storage has been full or nearly full so I’ve chosen to not collect or recycle stuff, especially if I’m about to go on more missions. In my case, it’s usually that I have an over abundance of wood but not enough cloth or metal to craft/ upgrade anything, so I still need to go on missions to gather more stuff. However, it would seem like a waste to let my wood collection get completely full if I’m going to do that, because what if I get more wood while I’m out on a mission? So sometimes I’ll let stuff sit in my inventory until I actually need to recycle it for more wood.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Shizu13:

Sorry for the triple post (is there an edit button somewhere? If not, I feel like that needs to happen….) but I’d like to go on the record as saying that I disagree with the people who stated that we shouldn’t need to choose to gather from our farms and collection areas or to recycle junk. There have been plenty of times when my storage has been full or nearly full so I’ve chosen to not collect or recycle stuff, especially if I’m about to go on more missions. In my case, it’s usually that I have an over abundance of wood but not enough cloth or metal to craft/ upgrade anything, so I still need to go on missions to gather more stuff. However, it would seem like a waste to let my wood collection get completely full if I’m going to do that, because what if I get more wood while I’m out on a mission? So sometimes I’ll let stuff sit in my inventory until I actually need to recycle it for more wood.

There is an edit button, and here’s a handy page http://http://www.kongregate.com/pages/formatting And most of this stuff is already in game, you just haven’t played long enough to find them all.

Flag Post

As this game expands I have some ideas for new areas. A HERC research facility, in the load screen you said that they left research areas why not go there. Old Military bases for weapons. Farms for food and possibly animals you can keep and use for more food like chickens and cows.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Outofmind23:

As this game expands I have some ideas for new areas. A HERC research facility, in the load screen you said that they left research areas why not go there. Old Military bases for weapons. Farms for food and possibly animals you can keep and use for more food like chickens and cows.

This is a huge city, there are no farms. :/

Flag Post

funny how this city have no schools,bookstores or prisions.

Flag Post
Originally posted by desciclope666:

funny how this city have no schools,bookstores or prisions.

Of course it doesn’t! Who needs those when you have a gun store and a police station on every block!
And speaking of which, I really do think SMGs need buffs. They get outdated really fast and outshined easily by other weapons. Con should add new SMGs or buff the ones in game. Give the UMP higher base accuracy and a bit higher range, give the PDW a smg like rate of fire and not a steady rat-tat-tat. Or some new smgs might be real cool. P90s and maybe MP7s, just a thought.