Zombie Survival 101 page 2

59 posts

Flag Post

Engineer can be useful though – sometimes traps must be disarmed in a raid to save time or to get into a good position. Besides, some of the improvised weapons are pretty good like spiked bat, marion’s trident and improvised sledge.

Retraining would put your survivor back two levels, which isn’t fun, and you might regret it later. For all you know, if the engineer is as underpowered as everyone says it is, it might get buffed.

I always bring my engineer on raids just in case I have to disarm a trap, and even if there are no traps, she’s the melee survivor with the wakizashi and a vest to break down barriers. I equip the blue van buren in defense with an ammunition mod to provide my recons with a little bit of sniper support.

And if you have 10 survivors, having 1 situationally useful survivor isn’t that much of a drawback anyways.

Flag Post

well they say that hes underpowered, still he can dismantle traps, remember that every class fullfills a job, if you want power grab a home-made-weapon and give it to an assault class wich he wont maybe have bonus but please, hes assault, he can deal with tons of zombies in an efficient way more than the engineer, just like the Scout/Scavenger.

Flag Post

Really good guide. Helped me understand the game a lot better. First time I rate a guide actually and I give full aproval (: 5/5.

Flag Post

so,best survivor composition would be:
1 leader
2 scavangers
3 reacons
1 medic
1 enginier
3 warriors?

i level 9 and i have so far: 1 leader 1 scavanger 1 medic 1 enginier and 1warrior.
and,for PvP,the best bet for defense is watch towers with raccon sniper,so,if i split the 3 towers,and cover them with barriers,with the resorse stuff within rage,would I be safe?

also PvE means player vs exploration,rigth?
so
PvE PvP
medic:blade sniper
warrior: melle melle
scavanger:melle shotgun
raccon:sniper sniper
enginier:melle melle?
leader:? ?
i level 9 but i still a noob,i never have a PvP match,i need moar information please.

Flag Post
Originally posted by desciclope666:

so,best survivor composition would be:
1 leader
2 scavangers
3 reacons
1 medic
1 enginier
3 warriors?

i level 9 and i have so far: 1 leader 1 scavanger 1 medic 1 enginier and 1warrior.
and,for PvP,the best bet for defense is watch towers with raccon sniper,so,if i split the 3 towers,and cover them with barriers,with the resorse stuff within rage,would I be safe?

also PvE means player vs exploration,rigth?
so
PvE PvP
medic:blade sniper
warrior: melle melle
scavanger:melle shotgun
raccon:sniper sniper
enginier:melle melle?
leader:? ?
i level 9 but i still a noob,i never have a PvP match,i need moar information please.

First of all, you can only have 10 survivors INCLUDING leader in your compound, so this formation is impossible.

Secondly, scavengers may be useful in the beginning, but later on you’ll learn that every single unit can scavenge, just a little longer, but with some good cover there’ll be no problem.

the Formation i’m gonna go with:
4 warriors
3 recons
1 leader
1 medic
and the last unit will be depending on what I want at the time,

Lastly:
PvE means Player vs. Enviroment.
You spelled melee wrong.

Flag Post

i mean 2 warriors,silly me.
is not about the time,is that scavanger get more resorces because of their luck.
you didnt aswer my question about weapons and defense.

Flag Post

is not about the time,is that scavanger get more resorces because of their luck.

Luck hasn’t been implemented yet, so scavengers will not get any more resources than any other classes.
Therefore currently the only reason to use scavenger to scavenge over other classes is speed.
However, with a pair of gloves the time can be a significant difference. Even if with good cover you can spare that time, many people will not want to. So despite what Dalamite says, I recommend you have at least one scavenger as one of your survivors.

For defense you’ll want to use mainly ranged weapons, as defense does not currently take ammo.
Other than that, your weapon choices are pretty much correct. Because of their low ranged skill, engineers should always use melee, although you may want to switch to ranged weapons for defense.

In pvp the attacker almost always has the advantage. Since your defenses are controlled by an AI, and since that AI poorly controls your survivors, you’ll want to make sure your guys have ranged weapons so they can’t
be shot at and suppressed without easy retaliation. Range is very important in defense, as you will always want to be able to shoot the enemies before they can shoot you, and being in the open, that becomes all the more important.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

Luck hasn’t been implemented yet, so scavengers will not get any more resources than any other classes.
Therefore currently the only reason to use scavenger to scavenge over other classes is speed.
However, with a pair of gloves the time can be a significant difference. Even if with good cover you can spare that time, many people will not want to. So despite what Dalamite says, I recommend you have at least one scavenger as one of your survivors.

For defense you’ll want to use mainly ranged weapons, as defense does not currently take ammo.
Other than that, your weapon choices are pretty much correct. Because of their low ranged skill, engineers should always use melee, although you may want to switch to ranged weapons for defense.

In pvp the attacker almost always has the advantage. Since your defenses are controlled by an AI, and since that AI poorly controls your survivors, you’ll want to make sure your guys have ranged weapons so they can’t
be shot at and suppressed without easy retaliation. Range is very important in defense, as you will always want to be able to shoot the enemies before they can shoot you, and being in the open, that becomes all the more important.

thanks,this information will be very useful.

Flag Post

Excellent guide! Thank you so much for putting it all together. Very easy to read.

Flag Post
Originally posted by HoboMcJoe:

thanks,this information will be very useful.

No problem. :D

Flag Post

I think engineer is quite good. Not bad tank (only fighter is better), but he is faster than them. What really makes him cool is improv spec and now best sword in game is improv (marion trident is not bad either)

Flag Post
Originally posted by SkiLoo:

I think engineer is quite good. Not bad tank (only fighter is better), but he is faster than them. What really makes him cool is improv spec and now best sword in game is improv (marion trident is not bad either)

valid argument,but i just level 10 and i need fuel for create improvised weapons.

Flag Post

Where does it say that scavengers get extra loot?

Flag Post

Nowhere and no scavs dont get more loot nor better quality. They are just looting faster.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SkiLoo:

scavs dont get more loot nor better quality.

Not yet anyway.

Flag Post

Thanks for the guide.

Flag Post

Between the finals at my uni and all the new stuff in the game, I hadn’t udated in a while – I should be finishing finals today tho, so I’m hoping to do some work tomorrow or so, assuming the new PvP/active gear update doesn’t go live.

Flag Post

Great Guide =)

Flag Post

just so you know, “This is my The last stand dead zone bible” for basic yet important foundation of this game! thanks a lot!

Flag Post

Engineers might be crappy, but they sure as hell can run.

Flag Post
Originally posted by dolphix:

Engineers might be crappy, but they sure as hell can run.

They are for raiding and acting as semi-tanks. >_>

Flag Post

im so confused..some weapon have a high dmg than dps..i dont know at all..so its a MUST to equip a high dps weapon?not just loookin at its dmg?please explain the difference bet DPS and DMG of a weapon..sory for this…i just dont knowwhat to equip..a magnum has high DMG than DPS..but you said DPS is what you look for in weapon..help thnx

Flag Post
Originally posted by yoimczer:

im so confused..some weapon have a high dmg than dps..i dont know at all..so its a MUST to equip a high dps weapon?not just loookin at its dmg?please explain the difference bet DPS and DMG of a weapon..sory for this…i just dont knowwhat to equip..a magnum has high DMG than DPS..but you said DPS is what you look for in weapon..help thnx

DMG = Damage, which is the raw damage value of a weapon per hit.

DPS stands for damage per second, an average amount of damage that said weapon can inflict in a second. This factors in not only things lik the raw damage of the weapon but also its attacks per second and accuracy. This is why you can have a very high damage weapon with a relatively smaller DPS value, like the M24.

Flag Post

1. Should I arm my medic with pistol, SMG, or a melee? Why?
2. Should I have an engineer on my team?

I am level 12.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Marine851:

1. Should I arm my medic with pistol, SMG, or a melee? Why?
2. Should I have an engineer on my team?

I am level 12.

1)
Pistol
Pros
+ Low Ammo Cost
+ Low Noise
+ Quick Reloads
+ Easy to obtain
Cons
- Low DPS
- Low Range
- Lower chance to dodge attacks than melee