Survivor requests are broken

13 posts

Flag Post

I tried to do a survivor request to get 250 cloth. It just stopped updating 1/3 of the way through. I don’t know if this is due to a bug or if only scrap counts. Either way 250 is RIDICULOUSLY high to get in 24 hours. I would need to spend all my free time sitting on this game in order to complete it even if it was working right.

Flag Post

Only scraps, or cloths got from missions will count towards the request. Recycling doesn’t work, neither do collecting.

And, yes, 250 is incredibly high. :(

Flag Post

250 is not high. That’s 2-3 warehouse/hardware stores at worst even at level 8-9. If you’re going on missions at lower level places or going residences/stores/offices, of course it’ll take much longer to complete the quest.

My only problem is that the scavenged loot from automated missions does not count towards the required resource amount in survivor quests. Been there, done that.

Flag Post

Try with low level zone. You should have at least 3 of 5 minutes warehouse that means you will find an average of 60 cloth in each one, a total of 180 and you can raid without waiting. Then with residence usually you find a scrap of one type and there are lot of 5 minutes residence. After that try with higher level warehouse.

Flag Post

If you’re having problems doing survivor request, try getting more survivors to do more missions.

Also, you don’t have to do missions near your own level to fulfill the survivor request for scavenged resources.

Just doing the level 1 and 2 missions nearby could net you 250 cloth in less than an hour.

focusing on warehouse or large hardware store will get you the cloth potentially in a single run

Flag Post

The survivor requests do indeed seem to be for the raw material (i.e. cloth scraps/piles, metal scrap/beams etc.)

However, these are found in multiples of 30 – so 1 cloth scrap is 30 units towards your total. 250 units is 9 scraps. A cloth pile on the other hand, is 60 units, so you only need 5 of those; or some combination of the 2 to achieve the objective.

Flag Post

uhm about, the -25 moral for failing request. how long does it last? it has been 3 days since i failed but only half of my survivors recover from that and half is still stuck with it?

Flag Post

I have sent out my survivors to multiple warehouse missions to collect the 250 in wood that my survivor wants.

It doesn’t matter what I do, the number will not rise beyond 40. These are scavenging missions.

It said on this last trip to a level 10 or 11 warehouse, that I picked up 160 wood just on that one mission - in the mission report itself. Yet, the number doesn’t change from 40 on quest. :( Everything ends in 3 hours. If I can’t figure out the problem before then, I’m getting a -25 morale for nothing.

Flag Post

Scrap from automated missions doesn’t count, so if you know you won’t be visiting some hardware stores manually within the next 24 hours then don’t accept the mission. Personally I accept every mission, because morale is not really important. Too much morale can even be unhealthy.

Flag Post

I just finished the quest and figured out the problem - you have to play the scavenge mission manually, not send them off automatically.

Flag Post

Oh, I see that someone else just replied the same thing lol…. thanks :)

Flag Post
Originally posted by hoaian1:

uhm about, the -25 moral for failing request. how long does it last? it has been 3 days since i failed but only half of my survivors recover from that and half is still stuck with it?

Yeah… the -25 morale upon failure is even more broken than the actual survivor requests.

I’ve found that it sometimes takes a week to go away but more recently, it takes almost a MONTH before the negative morale effects are all gone.

I think the length is retarded and not worth risking if you might not complete the request in time because survivor performance and mission success chance is pretty largely based on morale and taking the hit will hinder you for a week ATLEAST.

I’m not sure if the duration has been changed in a patch or that it lasts longer depending on your level but holy crap…

Flag Post

EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Resource requests from survivors ONLY count resources collected in scavenging missions (of any level) that you MANUALLY run.
Resources from automated missions DO NOT count towards your total.
Resources from recycling DO NOT count towards your total.

The amount requested by survivors can be difficult to achieve at lower levels, however, Large Hardware Stores (available in Trenton and beyond, starting at level 14) often give you enough to fulfill the request in one trip.

The -25 morale penalty appears to last a random amount of time, which may be different for each survivor. It is unknown if this is by design or an error in the code.