resource hog.

5 posts

Flag Post

I have always been a fan of the last stand series. As much as I like this game, it is just too much of a resource hog. I have to completely shut any other program. Restart my browser. Close out any open tabs. Then reload the game about 5 times over. It disconnects the first 4 times (usually) trying to load up the daily zombie attack. This process usually takes about 20 minutes. My computer is an average 2 yr old desktop. Nothing special, but I think they raised the bar too high on system requirements. I can only wonder how many players they are going to lose because the game won’t load or they rage quit. This is obviously a problem for others, since the first forum post tries to explain (In lengthy detail) on what we are doing wrong. I think you are just asking too much from the average player. I am sadly going to stop playing because of the time it takes just to start up.

Flag Post

try this https://getsatisfaction.com/deadzone/topics/performance_issues_v1_06_build_2271
should fix.

Flag Post

The way this game eats up memory, I would definitely say there are some memory leaks going on. More than one of them anyways.

Flag Post

Yes, it drains memory especially on Chrome. The problem seems persist on firefox as well. I also seem to have an easier time running Unity games than LS:DZ.

Flag Post

I’ve found Flash games in general to be total resource hogs for a while, especially if they have to connect to the internet during play. Pretty sure there isn’t much the devs can do to make the platform more efficent, would have to hound Adobe for that. Unity runs so much smoother, it’s hard to believe it’s related to good old fashioned Flash.