A Comprehensive Review Of The Golden Pack And Suggestions For Future Packages

3 posts

Flag Post
I posted this first on the shared community site so the Devs will see it there. Enjoy. Here is a package review plus suggestions for future bought package deals. I'll start with a review of the Golden Pack offer as a supporter of the game who has actually bought it. First of all let's review what is in the Golden Pack. GOLDEN PACK ($49.99 or 500 Kreds) - 5,000 fuel - lvl 20 limited edition Golden AK-47 - lvl 20 limited edition Gold High Power .50 - 1 ammo conservationist (15%) Book Observations: The Golden AK-47's strength is in its nice base damage for an assault rifle and quicker reloading speed, however it can't be upgraded. It's ability to remain useful after the next area update is questionable. This lvl 20 version is not available in the store, which increases its value somewhat. The Gold High Power .50 is a real gem with it's high damage, knockback power and quick reload. It can be upgraded further too, making it a great weapon for closer ranges and especially good for medics. Not being available in the store increases its value as well. The Ammo Conservationist Book is more useful for Armor Games and Facebook for players that have the Deathmobile upgrade, since players on Kongregate can't instantly whisk themselves back every time without paying a lot of fuel to do so. Less frequent missions at Kongregate means less demand on ammo at high levels where selective mission taking makes ammo loss a relative non-worry. Now let's compare the Golden Pack with its normal equivalent in price. NORMAL FUEL PURCHASE -7,000 fuel - 1 ammo conservationist (20%) Book - 1 organizing your home (20%) Book - 1 4-hour boost your experience (100%) Book - 1 History of Rationing (30%) Book At high levels the history of rationing book is practically useless. This may change if a future update makes food and water upkeep a larger concern. The exp book is far more useful to Armor Games and Facebook Users because of the Deathmobile divide. The organizing your home book is useful at all levels and is a wonderful trade item if you already have something equivalent or better. The Ammo Conservationist Book here has 5% more benefit but is otherwise as already described above in The Golden Pack observations. Since the difference between the ammo books is relatively negligible, the differences are mainly as follows. GOLDEN PACK - lvl 20 limited edition Golden AK-47 (worth 2,000 + cost of upgrading from lvl 10 to 20 or X) - lvl 20 limited edition Gold High Power .50 (worth Y fuel) Total Value: 2,000 + X + Y VS. NORMAL FUEL PURCHASE -2,000 fuel - 1 organizing your home (20%) Book (normally 500 fuel) - 1 4-hour boost your experience (100%) Book (normally 300 fuel) - 1 History of Rationing (30%) Book (normally 1,000 fuel) Total Value: 3,800 fuel --------------------------------------- I would say that the two packages are relatively equivalent in ultimate value until the next area update brings in new weapons, resulting in the Golden Pack weapons becoming obsolete by comparison to the normal found weapons. If ConArtists accepts my suggestion of premium crafting recipes to keep premium weapons useful in the long run, then The Golden Pack will always be at least a little more valuable than the normal fuel purchase. I suggest that in the next package deal, to make the weapons or gear offered upgradable to or at a grade superior to what is currently available through scavenging (at least enough to remain top-class after the next area update), or to offer special limited edition books that are useful at all levels (for example, a premium gold book that has the abilities of two different types of books). I also recommend that the differences between Kongregate and the other sites also be taken into consideration when making the offers, if not already done so.

Flag Post

https://getsatisfaction.com/deadzone/topics/a_comprehensive_review_of_the_golden_pack_and_suggestions_towards_future_deals

For a less jumbled version. :P

Flag Post

Great review! Thanks for the read.