Best PVP/PVZ setup for under level 12?

18 posts

Flag Post

I’m looking for a design more full proof then this.
That can get you through pvp/pve untill you unlock that awesome tower :3
setup requires
1 soldier (automatic or longrifle)
1 medic (submachingun or pistol)
1 scavenger (Melee weapon of your pick)
2 recons (Longrifles)
10 small barricades
1 gate
5 spikes
Set-up pro’s/Con’s
P.V.P. Pros/cons

1. melee must either break through or traverse the spikes slowing them down Giving you time to fill them with more bullets.(Pro)(melee)

2.most of your resources are within rifle range to take down raiders.(Pro)(Both)

3. storage builds can be used as cover against you weapons(Con)(Ranged)

4. cramped spaces allow entire group to be easily suppressed with rounds [Other then The melee Gatekeeper](Con)(Ranged)

P.V.Z.
1. Zombies won’t damage your spikes instead they will follow the maze severely slowing them down.(Pro)

2. Zombies will sometimes get caught on the storage builds(con)(Retarded Zombies)

If you have anymore pro’s/cons about the design. Post em so I can update this post, or have a better design under level 10.

Flag Post

Oh look, I see me >:D. Anyway, it’s alright, but there’s no such thing as a perfect defense. Don’t get too big of a head, and best of luck out there dawg.

Flag Post

Here’s my design

Requires:
3 (1) gates
Any number of barricades (keep 4 small barricades in reserve though)

Description:
A design you can add onto through out time.
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/350vsc8.png[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/3585449.png[/IMG]
Pros:
- It’s secluded
- Your survivors are spread out, but close enough to support eachother (dependent on where you put your troops)
- your rescources (not counting drops) are in the barricade
- zombies can’t make it past the the traps, or the compound gates.
- Traps can be put near the unprotected drop offs (raids)
- it can be improved throughout levels
- Melee raiders will be put down at long ranges
Cons:
-Compounds protect enemies, be it raider or zombie (negated with 2 gates and 4 barricades)
- zombie’s can take a long time to travel
- any resource storage that can’t be put in there, can be taken.
- long range weapons are required for easier engagement.
- more expensive to create completely.

Keep in mind that the guard towers are added on when i removed the small barricades to improve range.

Flag Post

Its a really good design the only problems I have with it is
1. those unguarded gates are just asking to be smashed but once again I’m a noob so idk the complete setup or the range of towers
2. Towers are a higher level build that level 10 & below cannot build which means everything inside your house is vulnerable.

Flag Post

Those gates won’t be in too much risk, as long as the zombies can make it through, which they can.
raiders will also have trouble at your level with the gates, it’s only in risk of grenades or someone grinding it with suppression, at that point, they’ll hardly have time to eliminate all the defenses, and take the loot.
Towers were an addition to my defenses, you can put small barricades in that space instead, and build it later when your at it’s level.

Flag Post

unless you add one melee guy with a sledgehammer then its only a matter of 15-20 hits but pvp is a nasty prospect like that anyway.

Flag Post

PVP wise, no one would use a sledgehammer. nothing to worry about there.

Flag Post

Geargod I have another thing you can add you can place watchtower if your level is high enough then that would add to your range+add fighters in the maze with good mele wepeons to increase your defense I think it would be a good idea ,but if you dont want to you dont have to.

Flag Post

lol i can get through your defence :D @geargod

Flag Post
Originally posted by DiamondxKing:

He’s level 8…
And he also posted this thread for designs to improve his defense.

Flag Post

Cool diamond send me a setup that you think is better I would love to be invincible or better then I currently am.

Flag Post
Originally posted by UglyStamps:
Originally posted by DiamondxKing:

He’s level 8…
And he also posted this thread for designs to improve his defense.

yea. and i started raiding people at lv5. lols

Flag Post
Originally posted by geargod:

Cool diamond send me a setup that you think is better I would love to be invincible or better then I currently am.

depends what lv you are at atm

Flag Post

The initial setup at the first post is only good for zombies in my opinion.

Raiders with Hunter Compacts would just camp at the starting cover positions with glasses and fire at will. Automatics aren’t so useful at range and if fired upon at an angle, not all your shooters will be able to fire back. Also, cover will only works if it’s facing the direction of gunfire. If your survivors are at the large barricades facing the lower-right, their cover will be nothing if fired from the side. Surrounding yourself with barricades may make you feel visually secure, but it can still be flanked regardless if your survivors are crouching behind two layers or so. The only barricade that matters is the one closest to the survivor.

For PvE, you don’t need to put the spike barriers in front of of your barricades. If I were you, I’d just make a winding path with a gate. Just open the gate to your survivors and the zombies will always route towards it regardless of how long the distance is unless they cannot reach it by other means. It’s also effective if you put wire traps in front of the gate.

I’m not fond of giving layouts since I’d feel like my little “Experiments” are wasted. Simply put, I’m just criticizing you. The best layout, you’ll have to find yourself.

Flag Post

Throw all your shit in one box, bam. Epic deffense :D (Yes that’s what everyone does.)
Also, check out ma awesome avatar pic \O/

Flag Post

I always have 1 survivor (usually my scavenger) with a melee weapon of some form when raiding, specifically to smash through barricades :D
Also great to have when raiding people on the bounty list who send their leader on epic auto missions. I once attacked someone there who only had one survivor home so I stole any resources (naturally) and smashed loads of barricades for the hell of it :D
I know you have to repair barricades if zombies destroy them, dunno about in pvp, but it was worth a try :D

Flag Post
Originally posted by Meep42:

I always have 1 survivor (usually my scavenger) with a melee weapon of some form when raiding, specifically to smash through barricades :D
Also great to have when raiding people on the bounty list who send their leader on epic auto missions. I once attacked someone there who only had one survivor home so I stole any resources (naturally) and smashed loads of barricades for the hell of it :D
I know you have to repair barricades if zombies destroy them, dunno about in pvp, but it was worth a try :D

Yes pvp damage must also be repaired , looks like Im stuck with what i got untill level 12 _

Flag Post

Yeah, it’s optimal to grow defenses and stick with scavenging missions until level 12, even then you might want to make sure your barricades are upgraded to LVL 5 (or a high level in general)