Commonly asked questions FAQ

266 posts

Flag Post

NOTE Please play the tutorial first before asking questions.

Rules of Thumb(s)

Seriously, read this before doing anything on the fourms or in the chats

1. Play the game first THEN make suggestions. Don’t just assume the game doesn’t have this or that and make a suggestion.

2. Making a suggestions thread on Kong doesn’t do ANYTHING. Con doesn’t check these fourms, he has his own website. If you want to make a suggestion, go there.

3. Don’t spam in either chat rooms, talk normally so you won’t be dissed on and/or muted >.>

4. Before complaining about this or that, check the wiki and get your basic knowledge.

5. This isn’t a real time PvP game! You won’t be able to see other players during missions or them in missions through alliances.

Here are some of the most commonly asked questions and their answers: (I’ve left out the ones that can be answered by playing the tutorial)

Q: How can I get another survivor?
A: There’s a blue bar up top, click it to see details.

Q: What’s going to happen when my protection runs out?
A: Nothing really, raiding isn’t a big thing on low lvls. Find some long rifles before even thinking of raiding.

Q: My leader’s picture keeps blinking with an arrow on it, wtf is it?
A: It means your leader has stat points to spend. You get one per lvl up.

Q: Why can’t I build this or that?
A: Most common reason is your lvl, check the lvl requirement in the buildings menu.

Q: Should I buy anything from the shop, and are they worth buying?
A: No and no. The shop is extremely overpriced and hardly anything there is worth buying. Only the last 3 melee are somewhat worth the fuel (The Harvester, Battle Axe, and Ash’s Right Hand)

Q: What should I make my next survivor?
A: Here’s the list and order(IMO):1st. Scavanger
2nd. Recon
3rd. Recon
4th. Recon
5th. Fighter (PvE and PvP)/Engineer(PvP)
6th. Scavanger
7th. Medic
8th. Fighter
9th. Fighter(If you choose an Engineer for your 5th)/Scav(PvE)/Engineer(PvP)

Q: Why are you making this?
A: ’Cause it might stop countless noobs ask retarded questions in chat.

Q: Is melee better than guns or is it the other way around?
A: Balance them out. Guns get vulnerable when reloading, use melee to cover them. Melee is short ranged, use guns to cover them, etc.

Q: Should I craft anything early on?
A: Nope, wait till you have some good schematics and know your way around the game.

Q: Why isn’t there a in game chat?
A: You have to make one. You can see what you need by looking at the HUD on the bottom part of the screen. You need a radio tower, and a radio reciever. (2 way is for private messaging)

Q: What does the in game chat allow?
A: It allows you to trade with other players and brag about the stuff you have. (Note, the second part is not supported)

Q: What can I trade, and what does it cost?
A: Trading costs fuel (10 starting price) and goes up by 5 per item. You can trade anything from weapons and gear to resources and junk. (You cannont trade fuel)

Q: Should I trade anything?
A: Early on, no. Wait until mid lvls when you start to get a feel at the game. It will help you from getting trolled or scammed while trading.

Q: I need wood now! Should I recycle my treated wood?
A: No, never recycle treated wood. You need 75 of it for the weapons bench upgrade. Stock up on it.

Q: I got my requirement for my new survivor, but where is he/she?!
A: REFRESH

Now this thread is finished, I truly hope that some of you new guys would play tutorial first. Have fun.

Injury System

Con added a new injury system update, now for those of you who seem quite pissed off at it, here’s how you keep your guys safe:

1.Melee isn’t tank any more
Melee used to be a great brick wall for keeping your ranged survivors safe when reloading, dodging like a ninja and hacking them down. But be wary now, they nerfed the dodge rate and also gave ranged survivors chances to dodge.

2. Keeping a Distance
Stay back, stay together, and stay as far away from the zombies as you can. Use guns that balance each other out.

E.g: Using shotguns to cover assault rifles/LMGs when they reload, and vice versa.

Do that, and your guys shouldn’t be banged up as much. But still, never rush.

2. Medical Supplies
Probably one of the most common problems with people not adapting to the injury system is not being able to find the supplies to heal themselves. As the high grade medical supplies require fuel to craft, it’s frowned upon a lot.

How to fix it: Run hospitals, do as many as you can and stock up in supplies. Go in fully loaded(best guns/gear), you don’t want to taste the irony of getting injured while looking for medical supplies. Ammo is quite easy to find anyway.

Raiding
Might as well add this while I’m updating this thread Raiding is becoming somewhat popular (or, for bounty hunters a LOT more popular) due to the Bounty office. But if you’ve been looking at the other threads on the Bounty office and on raiding, you’d probably already know the system is flawed in a few ways.
First off is that “Bounty Hunters” are also commonly the “Most Notorious”.
The reason’s quite simple; People with a bounty on their heads can place a bounty on the person that attacks them. It all becomes like a circle of life.

Tips

1.Proper Planning Before you raid someone, it’s smart to view their compound first. Look around the compound and plan your attack. Using which routes and using cover are extremely important. Be wary of open fields, they are likely to be mined.

2.Battle Ready Choose your equipment wisely.

Recons: Long rifles+Smoke Grenades. Use glasses/ammo mods.
(Keep them back, but when crossing open fields send them first and inch forward.)

Engineers: Improvised Weapon(s)+Grenades(Smoke/Explosive). Use with vests.
(A must for raids, he is your man for when you want to disarm traps. Keep him safe for when you need him.)

Fighters: LMGs/Assault Rifles+Explosive Grenades. Use with vests.
(Your tank on raids, giving them vests increases their already high health, making them excellent for being a point man or tanking damage)

Medics: N/A(your choice)+Smoke Grenades. Use with medical vests(recommended)/kits.
(Your life savers when one of your guys gets a near death experience, but they are extremely vulnerable due to low health. Keep them back)

Scavengers: Not needed. (When raiding storage’s, the search speed is the same for all classes)

Hope the new edit helps.

Alliances

One of the new updates from Con included alliances. Currently it’s only in the Recruitment stage, the War stage will be coming in the next update or so.

Q: How can I get into a alliance?
A: You need to be invited by the founder/leader/boss of the alliance

Q: What’s the point of it all?
A: It’s all here

Alliance Wars The most anticipated part of the Alliance addition to the game.

The “War” stage pits Alliances against each other for fuel prizes, however only the top 10 ranked players in the Alliance gets the fuel rewards.

The main point of it all

The update information from Con himself

New Update Information Here’s the link for the new update information To be honest, there’s not much to say asides from the new Armor gear type. (Scroll down to the vest sub types on the wiki page.)

Basically it reduces damage from multiple sources while neglecting increased health, so far it has been widely used on tanks on raiding.

Flag Post

Goodie. Now when noobs ask idiot questions ill link this thread, hope it gets pinned too.
Also.

Q: Where do i equip books?
A: Below your name and experience bar

Flag Post

Bah this thread died waaay to quick. Live damn it!! I’ve wasted 15 min on this and I don’t want this going to waste damn it! o.o

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6thgraderhere:

Bah this thread died waaay to quick. Live damn it!! I’ve wasted 15 min on this and I don’t want this going to waste damn it! o.o

I really don’t want the thread to die too, i need link it in chat fast.

Flag Post

thanks for the quick FAQ! the advice on jobs would help a newbie like me :) i suppose if i ask some questions here it might keep the thread alive…

btw, why Recon? is there some reason other than they move real fast? should i retrain my fighters?

Flag Post

^Range is everything in pvp and recons get bonuses for long rifles. They can also see traps very easily when raiding so they work well with an engineer who can disarm them. And the speed bonus doesn’t hurt either. I have 3 out of my 10 survivors as recons, but I’d recommend having 4.

The biggest downside to them is low health, so just make sure to keep them behind the front lines and they’re very good.

Flag Post
Originally posted by alveolate:

thanks for the quick FAQ! the advice on jobs would help a newbie like me :) i suppose if i ask some questions here it might keep the thread alive…

btw, why Recon? is there some reason other than they move real fast? should i retrain my fighters?

Recon’s were former hunters or maybe law enforcement snipers, they have a huge bonus with long rifles and excel at long ranged combat. But they have a flimsy structure and are easily killed. Let them hang back and provide cover fire from a distance. You can make long pushes quickly with Recons covering, they’re fast move speed allow them to catch up with the main force pretty quick.

Flag Post

Why’d you say that when I just said that

Flag Post
Originally posted by PolahBear72:

Why’d you say that when I just said that

It’s my thread boy :O
Besides, you didn’t say how to use them correctly in most situations.

Flag Post

Your title is kinda redundant.

Flag Post

Please, continue to amuse me. :/

Flag Post

That’s a lot of recons… the new kids are going to whine a lot when their recons die in pve. Realistically speaking, the build’s up to you – just remember that engineers are so so right now and medics are squishy little buggers.
Also, don’t make the mistake of buying box keys, you’ll outlevel the stuff in five minutes. Trading resources is also an exceptionally bad idea because it costs fuel, and raiding at level 4 is a joke. Get hunter compacts or sportshots first, then we’ll talk.

P.S: If you’re planning on powerlevelling and dont’ have a lot of time, don’t log in for a 12+ hours and double XP builds up. It means you don’t get as much stuff, but realistically speaking you can just auto stuff and double XP missions.
Also, raiding gets you a LOT of XP if you do it right. Details elsewhere.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Midimiaow:

That’s a lot of recons…

Yeah I wrote IMO before the class build list. It’s just my take on the order of building your team, others have their own ways.

Flag Post

First bump.

Flag Post

Bump =)

Flag Post

Recons are pretty good. Their just an awesome trait.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Sl4yerX:

Recons are pretty good. They’re just awesome.

Indeed.

Flag Post

Oh. Other questions people might ask:

Q: Who should I scavenge with?
A: Your Scavenger or Leader. Scavenger or Leader get better things than the other classes.

Q: What is the Deathmobile for?
A: Its just there for some reason.

Q: If I do a compound attack, who should I bring with me?
A: You should bring recons, a scavenger, and a medic.

Let your imaginations loose here.

Like this

Fridge. How do I post a picture on here?

Flag Post

Oh. Other questions people might ask:

Q: Who should I scavenge with?
A: Your Scavenger or Leader. Scavenger or Leader get better things than the other classes.

Q: What is the Deathmobile for?
A: Its just there for some reason.

Q: If I do a compound attack, who should I bring with me?
A: You should bring recons, a engineer, a few fighters and a medic.

Let your imaginations loose here.

Like this

Fridge. How do I post a picture on here?

About the picture thing, it’s all [here]

Flag Post

This is just a test.

Do I have to type every letter every period doing this?

Flag Post

This is just a test.

Do I have to type every letter every period doing this?

Uh…No?

Flag Post

Ok. lemme me try something

HES A MAHGICAL PONY FLYIN HIGH IN THE SKY AND A MAGICAL WONDER

Why isn’t it showing up?

Flag Post

Ok. lemme me try something

HES A MAHGICAL PONY FLYIN HIGH IN THE SKY AND A MAGICAL WONDER

Why isn’t it showing up?

I have no idea what you’re doing ._.

Flag Post

Some common mistakes/overstatements…

“Q: Who should I scavenge with?
A: Your Scavenger or Leader. Scavenger or Leader get better things than the other classes.”

Nope. They supposedly will eventually with the implementation of luck, but for now only level matters when looting – a survivor won’t find anything above his level.

“(Recons) have a huge bonus with long rifles and excel at long ranged combat”

Specializing in a weapon class will grant +10% dmg and accuracy with it, and recons are the only one to specialize in long rifles. But that’s it. They have no range bonus, nor is the bonus they get with rifles “huge” in any way. They do, on the other hand, waste those bonus +10% accuracy on rifles having 99% accuracy to begin with. So let’s say i take that awesome long rifle and equip a fighter with it ; he has 10% dmg less (not considerable) than recon, but same accuracy, same range, and around +100 health. The only exclusive feature recons get is trap detection ; but then, instead of cautiously spotting trap and briging engineer to atempt disarm it, a fighter with a good vest will just make the trap explode and survive it.

Flag Post

Of course, I’m pulling level 24 FALs at level 22… so obviously there’s something wrong with that.