Red screen? Maybe too much.....

7 posts

Flag Post

Anyway, what I mean is that once I was scavenging a level 7 security, and my screen shuffles and blood on sides show up. after done with that, it happens again. Then, two waves later, it happens again. and when my survivors were packing up, it happened again. Maybe ConArtists can make it be like a boss wave where it only happens once every mission or sometimes not? Reply, saying your thinkings about the red screen.

Flag Post

1. ConArtists will only pay attention on their forums, link right here – http://forum.conartistgames.com/index.php/forum/2-the-last-stand-dead-zone/
2. This has been suggested multiple times, and shot down many times.
3. Red Screens are fine as is.

Flag Post

Wait until you get to level 27 areas…

Security have gotten much harder than they used to be because of this, since it is really hard to get away from the zombie horde in tight spaces. Whereas on streets it is easier to do a fighting/ retreat tactic, to reload and get space from the zombies. It basically breaks melee altogether, since anyone, even a fighter in a vest with a ram, will get taken done quickly and be stunlocked, unable to fight back. THe fighters slowness is even more of a liability now also.

It definitely increases the diff level, but feels somewhat broken. I can send 1-2 guys to successfully scavenge level 24+ areas with good success, but now need 3+ to do the same areas, and am still getting injuries or having to bail early due to low health and running from zombie horde with empty clips. Before I could do most of these areas with 2-3 people reliably, with the exception of large parks & construction zones. Having melee be a big disadvantage makes more sense now, but the balance w/ auto missions feels broken. Hopefully con will lower zombie damage?

Anyone know if this is random (screen goes read, metal music in background, zombies everywhere), like a zombie storm. At first I thought it was connected to fuel (I’d just found 10) 1st time this happened, but I don’t think its connected. Could be damage/ noise related? (zombies smelling blood/ hearing gun shots). Ive been doing mainly automissions since this was implemented…

Flag Post
Originally posted by notwillard:

Wait until you get to level 27 areas…

Security have gotten much harder than they used to be because of this, since it is really hard to get away from the zombie horde in tight spaces. Whereas on streets it is easier to do a fighting/ retreat tactic, to reload and get space from the zombies. It basically breaks melee altogether, since anyone, even a fighter in a vest with a ram, will get taken done quickly and be stunlocked, unable to fight back. THe fighters slowness is even more of a liability now also.

It definitely increases the diff level, but feels somewhat broken. I can send 1-2 guys to successfully scavenge level 24+ areas with good success, but now need 3+ to do the same areas, and am still getting injuries or having to bail early due to low health and running from zombie horde with empty clips. Before I could do most of these areas with 2-3 people reliably, with the exception of large parks & construction zones. Having melee be a big disadvantage makes more sense now, but the balance w/ auto missions feels broken. Hopefully con will lower zombie damage?

Anyone know if this is random (screen goes read, metal music in background, zombies everywhere), like a zombie storm. At first I thought it was connected to fuel (I’d just found 10) 1st time this happened, but I don’t think its connected. Could be damage/ noise related? (zombies smelling blood/ hearing gun shots). Ive been doing mainly automissions since this was implemented…

Whoa.

Flag Post

Maybe it’d be epic (like my picture lol) for it to be a boss wave. That way, we dont have to deal with places spamming you with red screens.

Flag Post

I agree. I think the game should gave a more focused decisive phase system where there’s 2 clear actions that you need to take in order to successfully scavenge a mission.

Like low ambient normal spawning, and then at times a random clear defense phase (1-2 max per mission) where you should do nothing but defend against the wave before it’s safe to scavenge again. Right now, I really can’t decide when it’s safe to be searching with random zeds popping out of nowhere and knocking you out of searching. Especially a problem if you’re running 3 or less people in the group. Of course you’re also racing against time to search the place and get back to the green area…

Either that or maybe have the zeds tend to attack those standing around defending versus the ones in progress of searching something because it can get really annoying having to re-search again. Or perhaps make the person defending/covering the person get aggro more easily?

Flag Post

Would be epic if maybe the Fighter class got a “cleave” ability to use at the player’s decision (with a small cooldown) to temporarily hit and slightly knockback the zeds standing in the frontal ~120 degree angle area. This could stop the constant stunlocking of zeds and give the survivor an actual chance, coupled up with strategic healing.

lol, I seriously hope it doesn’t come to this, but Con should consider easing the difficulty a bit, whether that’s increasing the time limit, making zeds deal less damage, knockback, less horde encounters, or less frequent spawning altogether.