New guns like flamethrower

24 posts

Flag Post

We players suggest also flamethrower and the ammo getting consumed is other type of fuel. The fire effect slows the enemy or foe burning which gives 2 damage and slows them also. Please make a gun Flamethrower

Flag Post

Also add a gear throwable knife. Which is crafted by using 1 short blade and 1 long blade

Flag Post
Originally posted by Jake998Asset87:

Also add a gear throwable knife. Which is crafted by using 1 short blade and 1 long blade

One thing, how will people throw it if theres no HANDLE? THINK DUMB@$$

Flag Post

there is a EDIT button, use it.

Flag Post

We players suggest also flamethrower and the ammo getting consumed is other type of fuel. The fire effect slows the enemy or foe burning which gives 2 damage and slows them also. Please make a gun Flamethrower

Using in game premium currency as ammo…

HELL NO

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6thgraderhere:

HELL NO

… ammo getting consumed is other type of fuel…

Yes, flamethrower would be very nice. And a improvised craftable version for the engineer :)

Flag Post

you do not want to use flames on zombies.
all it does is set them aflame and now you have to deal with BURNING ZOMBIES.
Flamethrowers are a psychological weapon because of pain.
Even Alien drones (you know, the black ones with the antlers on their back) fear fire. most of the time.
zombies don’t, they don’t feel pain.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Neograf:

HELL NO

… ammo getting consumed is other type of fuel…

Yes, flamethrower would be very nice. And a improvised craftable version for the engineer :)

No, alright just no. First, imagine the lag. Second, Con would need to do a LOT of programing to add one simple useless weapon. Realism or logic, it won’t make a difference in game >_>

Originally posted by l2o3:

you do not want to use flames on zombies.
all it does is set them aflame and now you have to deal with BURNING ZOMBIES.
Flamethrowers are a psychological weapon because of pain.
Even Alien drones (you know, the black ones with the antlers on their back) fear fire. most of the time.
zombies don’t, they don’t feel pain.

What he said.

Flag Post

So realistically, if we got a flamethrower, zombies should become agitated and move quick, cause more damage to what they attack, have a chance to set what they attack on fire, but also be easier to kill because flames deteriorate the flesh

Flag Post

Realistically speaking, I’m not going to strap one of my survivors to a contraption that could blow up randomly. I’ve seen enough burns cases from people playing with fire to say it ain’t worth it.
The fuel consumption is a lesser consideration compared to that.

Flag Post

No the ammo should be kinda like a petrolium jell or something. The Zombies get burned and gets damage over time and goes away from the survivors. and sometimes go near the survivor which gives wound at 30%. The wound should be named as Burn (1st to 4th) degree burn. and make medicine that can be crafted that uses 5 water, 70 metals and 30 wood.

Flag Post

Realism? Right, forgot about realism in a zombie game…thought it was about fun and killing lots of zombies.
So let’s add a realistic downtime on each injured survivor, about a month for each level 3 injury and half a year for level 5!

Flag Post

if you want realism, you had different types of ammo, like 5.56 mm, .45, 9mm …
do you think it would be a good idea?

it wouldn’t

Flag Post

We players suggest a flamethrower in the game, and the ammo getting consumed is another type of fuel.

Whos “we”?

Flag Post

yea, so flaming zombies do 3 times more damage to survivs AND consume fuel… exelent Idea!

Flag Post

The flamethrower was developed purely as a military weapon and is no longer in service with the US Army and Marine Corps. It would be difficult to find any model, let alone one that works properly. The fuel would be more difficult to find, and a separate resource just for this weapon would be hell to code. I understand that Union City has insane amounts of military surplus and other weapons, but this is just unlikely.In addition, consider that a flamethrower weighs about 70 pounds. How the hell is a survivor, fed on a starvation diet of beef jerky and peanuts, going to be able to carry that all over the city, and especially against only a few undead?

Also, it’s a weapon designed to go attacking swarms of tens to hundreds of zombies, not the isolated five or six. It’d be like bringing a LMG to Riverside North.

My last point deals with the usage of fire. Flesh, zombie or human, burns slowly. It’d take hours IRL for a zombie to burn to death, and burning zombies are so much more dangerous than regular zombies. Consider that most buildings will burn, the chance of smoke inhalation, and also that a burning torch will attract more zombies to the location. Fire-based weapons won’t work, unless for defense, and that would just be too OP.

TL;DR, it wouldn’t work. One, they’re much more rare than other weapons. Two, it’s designed to attack a giant mass of clumped-up zombies, not the occasional one or two. Three, fire is a stupid idea because it will burn everything down.

Flag Post

Its like put a napalm granade in the back of the survivor and pray than dont make explotion

Flag Post
Originally posted by greenwolf222:

The flamethrower was developed purely as a military weapon and is no longer in service with the US Army and Marine Corps. It would be difficult to find any model, let alone one that works properly.

Can I just point out we still find M26 grenades? “Out of service hand grenade from the 60’s.”
So that’s not that much of a problem.

In addition, consider that a flamethrower weighs about 70 pounds. How the hell is a survivor, fed on a starvation diet of beef jerky and peanuts, going to be able to carry that all over the city, and especially against only a few undead?

Can I also point out that they already manage to carry LMGs, heavy vests, grenades and unlimited amounts of ammunition around with them on a daily basis? Not to mention all the stuff they bring back with them, though presumably they just put that in the deathmobile and push it along :P

The rest of your points are valid, but who cares? Flamethrowers are awesome. End of argument. :P

Flag Post

They may be awesome but it won’t fit anywhere in the game, Con said it himself >_>

Flag Post

make it run on reg ammo look at all the guns the ammo looks the same think thhey must be able to use reg ammo on a flamethrower look how many different types and cal. they use already

Flag Post

yeah m26 grenades are like 50yrs old a flame thrower was put down after it it should be easier to find than those grenades and u use it for tough raids on areas with 2 peop 1 flame 1 scav.

Flag Post

They may be awesome but it won’t fit anywhere in the game, Con said it himself >_>

Also, think of the LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Flag Post

I don’t want to start an argument, but here’s a couple counter points to your logic. Also, let’s assume we’re talking about the US-used flamethrower in WWII, the M2 Flamethrower, as it’s the most logical to be inserted into the game.

Originally posted by Meep42:

The flamethrower was developed purely as a military weapon and is no longer in service with the US Army and Marine Corps. It would be difficult to find any model, let alone one that works properly.

Can I just point out we still find M26 grenades? “Out of service hand grenade from the 60’s.”
So that’s not that much of a problem.

Well, hand grenades, such as the M26, or the older Mk. II Pineapple Grenade, were manufactured in much greater quantities than flamethrowers. In addition, the simplicity of the hand grenade means that it will not break down as easily, compared to flamethrowers, which have a variety of parts. In addition, most models that were not placed in museums were scrapped due to low amounts of spare parts. I concede the point on fuel, however; it seems that they work fine with regular diesel.

Originally posted by Meep42:

In addition, consider that a flamethrower weighs about 70 pounds. How the hell is a survivor, fed on a starvation diet of beef jerky and peanuts, going to be able to carry that all over the city, and especially against only a few undead?

Can I also point out that they already manage to carry LMGs, heavy vests, grenades and unlimited amounts of ammunition around with them on a daily basis? Not to mention all the stuff they bring back with them, though presumably they just put that in the deathmobile and push it along :P

The M249 SAW, the heaviest weapon in-game IMO, weighs 22 pounds. I can accept it if a survivor can tote a gun that weighs twice that, but three times is just pushing it for me.

Flag Post

Um, I don’t think realism is really an issue here. We can make weapons better (“upgrading”) by pouring fuel over them.

On the other hand, I don’t think making a flamethrower is a great use of dev time.