Arguing (Old M82 idea)

22 posts

Flag Post

After hearing a load of complaints over the fact that a LV 19 gun beats all the best LV 30+ guns in range, I decided to think of a “longer range” long gun. Tell me what you think.
M-82
A powerful .50 cal. rifle, it packs a huge punch each shot, but shoots pretty slowly. It’s also heavy, making it even slower. (It’s Semi-Auto, but with a big recoil)
Stats:
Long Gun
Damage: 250-280 (74.6 DPS)
Attacks Per Second: 0.425
Hit Chance: 77.5%
Knockback: 15%
Effective Range: 29
Ammo Cost: 105
Noise: 24
Reload Speed: 4
Capacity: 10
Move Speed Penalty: 20%

Notes:
This gun should be a LV 38+ gun. I know it’s damage per shot is insane, but that’s how the real gun is (the damage per second is pretty fair though). If possible, the firing animation [when not in cover!] should show the shooter getting down on one knee (big gun, big recoil). For more info on the gun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:M107_1.jpg

Flag Post

this, this is how you add a suggestion of a gun, nice work.

Flag Post
Originally posted by TheRabidGamer:

After hearing a load of complaints over the fact that a LV 19 gun beats all the best LV 30+ guns in range, I decided to think of a “longer range” long gun. Tell me what you think.
M-82
A powerful .50 cal. rifle, it packs a huge punch each shot, but shoots pretty slowly. It’s also heavy, making it even slower. (It’s Semi-Auto, but with a big recoil)
Stats:
Long Gun

Notes:
This gun should be a LV 38+ gun. I know it’s damage per shot is insane, but that’s how the real gun is (the damage per second is pretty fair though). If possible, the firing animation [when not in cover!] should show the shooter getting down on one knee (big gun, big recoil). For more info on the gun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_M82

The unique versions of this gun would break the game .-.

Flag Post

Is OP playing too much CoD? In real life, all the assault rifles in this game can shoot over 150m easy, the sniper rifles like the m24 can shoot up to a mile lol, also, in real life, the aim time of a sniper rifle is not 0.1s, more like 5s+ depending on range, windspeed, temperature, humidity lol.

Flag Post

There is a forum on the ConArtist website called “Ideas”. Can someone who has an account for it please copy this idea to there? (start a new thread? maybe add the picture from the link).
Thanks.

Flag Post
Originally posted by 6thgraderhere:

M-82
Stats:
Long Gun

Notes:

6th and his famous upside down poker face :v

Anyway, darkfang, this is a game, not real life, so gun’s stats are up to the creator of the game (they can make it OP if they want to). Besides, he did say that it should have a long reload time + movement speed penalty, so it’s good to me.

Flag Post
Originally posted by xXS4NDM4NXx:

M-82
Stats:
Long Gun

Notes:

6th and his famous upside down poker face :v

Anyway, darkfang, this is a game, not real life, so gun’s stats are up to the creator of the game (they can make it OP if they want to). Besides, he did say that it should have a long reload time + movement speed penalty, so it’s good to me.

the key word here is “the real gun is” in OP, I was just reflecting how stupid it was to bring real life stats into the game, movement speed penalty of 20% is just not good enough, recons are so fast it wouldn’t be close to sufficient to balance it out, long reload times COULD be legit, but only if it were more than 5s

Flag Post

Uh, dude do the math >.> Let’s look at it this way:

Fighters have a slow basic movement speed, hence forth, when you add movement penalties on a fighter the penalty is lower. E.g: 15 movement speed, get’s a 20% penalty, 15×0.2=3, so 15-3=12. As for a Recon with a much higher movement speed, the penalty would be much larger. E.g: Let’s say the movement speed’s 25, add a 20% penalty, 25×0.2=5, so 25-5=20. 5>3, so the movement penalties on the Recon are higher than the Fighters. So basically higher the base movement speed is, the higher the penalty it gets. You’ll see drastically slower Recons yet your Fighters will appear to move at the same speed they were before due to having a lower base movement speed.

Edit: Formatting’s broken ._.

Flag Post

Well played 6th. Well played.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Dude11111111:

Well played 6th. Well played.

Yay :D

Flag Post

I did base the gun on the IRL version, but I do not play CoD at all. Originally I planned on having a longer reload (5 second or so) and 25% move penalty, with the damage being 285-315 (average of 300 per shot). It actually had a higher DPS (81). Bear in mind that this is a drop from the PSG’s 85 DPS. For those who want though, I can make it 5 reload speed and 265-285 damage (74.7 DPS-almost the exact same) with a 25% move speed penalty.

Flag Post

Fighters have a slow basic movement speed, hence forth, when you add movement penalties on a fighter the penalty is lower.
E.g: 15 movement speed, get’s a 20% penalty, 15×0.2=3, so 15-3=12.

As for a Recon with a much higher movement speed, the penalty would be much larger.
E.g: Let’s say the movement speed’s 25, add a 20% penalty, 25×0.2=5, so 25-5=20.
5>3, so the movement penalties on the Recon are higher than the Fighters.
So basically higher the base movement speed is, the higher the penalty it gets. You’ll see drastically slower Recons yet your Fighters will appear to move at the same speed they were before due to having a lower base movement speed.

20% reduction of a recon’s speedy movement rate is still would still be faster than a fighter, guess I didn’t make it clear enough.

Flag Post
Originally posted by darkfang77:

Fighters have a slow basic movement speed, hence forth, when you add movement penalties on a fighter the penalty is lower.

As for a Recon with a much higher movement speed, the penalty would be much larger.
E.g: Let’s say the movement speed’s 25, add a 20% penalty, 25×0.2=5, so 25-5=20.
So basically higher the base movement speed is, the higher the penalty it gets. You’ll see drastically slower Recons yet your Fighters will appear to move at the same speed they were before due to having a lower base movement speed.

20% reduction of a recon’s speedy movement rate is still would still be faster than a fighter, guess I didn’t make it clear enough.

You keep offering problems but I do not see you offering any solutions. I think it would be good to see a new sniper that actually has some worth. I see too many level 35+s looking for M24s.

Flag Post
Originally posted by destroyer57345:

You keep offering problems but I do not see you offering any solutions. I think it would be good to see a new sniper that actually has some worth. I see too many level 35+s looking for M24s.

Obviously they don’t know where to look. _

Flag Post

And you didn’t understand what I said. The fighter already has a slow base movement speed, lowering it by a tad is not noticeable, the recon on the other hand with a much higher base movement speed and having a much higher reduction will be noticed and affect gameplay a lot more. Christ, I don’t know what I gotta say you let you understand math >.>

Flag Post

And you didn’t understand what I said. The fighter already has a slow base movement speed, lowering it by a tad is not noticeable, the recon on the other hand with a much higher base movement speed and having a much higher reduction will be noticed and affect gameplay a lot more.
Christ, I don’t know what I gotta say you let you understand math >.>

I was aware of that, you didn’t have to troll straightaway you know, but I wouldn’t want to give a slow gun to a tank imo since it makes it difficult to get out of a tricky situation, additionally, having a massive difference between your fastest and slowest survivor is also not great imo.

Anyway, I’d still give it to the recon to balance out its fast movement since and have a functional sniper than a really slow one.

Flag Post

He’s not even trolling you. You’re taking everything too personally.

Flag Post

^ Give this guy a medal.

Flag Post

^ Give this guy a medal.

Let me know when you boys are done being faux alpha males in a small forum and derailing threads to “be hip ’n cool yo”

Flag Post

Having read the ConArtist forums on similar ideas, I’ve redone the M82 idea and added a second long gun idea.
(SR-25 at LV 39 and M82 at LV 45)
All of you who have started arguing over unrelated topics, feel free to continue here, but please don’t do so in the new forum. Thanks in advance. :)

Flag Post

Having read the ConArtist forums on similar ideas, I’ve redone the M82 idea and added a second long gun idea.
(SR-25 at LV 39 and M82 at LV 45)
All of you who have started arguing over unrelated topics, feel free to continue here, but please don’t do so in the new forum. Thanks in advance. :)

New lvl cap = new problems :/ (just like the lvl 12 weap bench)

Flag Post

^ Give this guy a medal.

Let me know when you boys are done being faux alpha males in a small forum and derailing threads to “be hip ’n cool yo”

If you hate us, then ignore us. It’s that simple.