ATTN DEVS: Why do higher levels gang up on lower levels?

46 posts

Flag Post

And why hasn’t the game done anything to stop it? I was just in a team that averaged 20s in levels, me being 56. The other side averaged in the high 40s(30s to 60s). It is not just the levels that are apart. There are usually more members in higher leveled team vs. the other because of frustrated users leaving. This is not a one time incident, to say otherwise would be a surprise. Again I ask, why are higher levels allowed to team up with higher levels? Shouldn’t there be some balance like such implemented in TD?

I asked this in chat and received a response from Glock of all individuals. “Glock243: Because lower levels are scrubs” For him, it is all about EXP. As a premium user, I expect and note nothing of him than being a simple, irrelevant bottom feeder. His words, not mine.

Some would like a fair game, a challenge. The developers should address this when it comes to higher levels. Because no one likes losing, no matter the level, and especially when the odds are stacked against them. It is why they engage in this in the first place!

Flag Post

there are games like TE, when u will not see higher lvl’s stacking up in one team
in games like lighthouse when u want to cooperate to win, playing with noobs that have no idea what they are doing is frustrating, so it is natural that you want to play with more experienced players

In this game there are more losers then winners, so… doesn’t matter if you like or don’t like gangbangs, just remember to be behind

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drachus:

there are games like TE, when u will not see higher lvl’s stacking up in one team
in games like lighthouse when u want to cooperate to win, playing with noobs that have no idea what they are doing is frustrating, so it is natural that you want to play with more experienced players

In this game there are more losers then winners, so… doesn’t matter if you like or don’t like gangbangs, just remember to be behind

I only see stacking being done in TE because TE is all I play. I expect ‘noobs’ to be noobs. Frustrations are not them. You missed the point of the post and lets not try to deter this into something else. Admit it like Glock243.

I will wait for a serious response from a dev… hopefully.

Flag Post

I always join the team with low lvl players, just to fuck up the high lvl players’ K/D and make the game more balanced.
As Drachus said, if one team is too OP in either TE/TC, it’s useless for both sides, no one will get decent farm. In TD this might be an issue, but I’ve never experienced this problem to such extent as you’re describing.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaves:

I always join the team with low lvl players, just to fuck up the high lvl players’ K/D and make the game more balanced.
As Drachus said, if one team is too OP in either TE/TC, it’s useless for both sides, no one will get decent farm. In TD this might be an issue, but I’ve never experienced this problem to such extent as you’re describing.

Perhaps you don’t play as much? Why don’t you pop in Interchange TE right now?!

Note: The time delay in pics is because it is difficult to capture scrolling flash window. Don’t pay attention to the kill/death count. Stacking is the topic of discussion.

Flag Post

I don’t think anyone is stacking intentionally. Well except in TC, where you NEED to be with a team than knows what to do. Anyway, soon a lot players will be high level so it won’t matter.

Flag Post
Originally posted by bananaaa:

I only see stacking being done in TE because TE is all I play.

It is not logical, or that high lvl players are also noobs ;)
in TE when u are better then others from your team, your chances to kill more VIP’s are increasing, your team is more like a competition

and here is another question:
“why VIP is hiding and running to the ends of the map?” it is not logical – VIP will not kill VIP ;)
he should be like “No.1 suicide squad of the empire”

Flag Post

I am not clear on what you said Darchus. Regarding the VIPs running… This game does not make clear on what a VIP is. At the beginning, I figured it was to run away and that I would receive points for staying alive…

Devs, if you are listening, I have come up with a possible solution. Points should be based on the levels of users. Higher net and bonuses to be rewarded for killing high level users and vice versa. So this may provide a natural balancing act among users and their respective levels without further intervention.

Flag Post

I am not clear on what you said Darchus.

again…
To gain more exp u will kill more VIPs, if u play with noobs in team they will have fun, without concentrating on damaging VIP, so if I can choose team in TE I would choose team with noobs… this is more logical for me as I want more exp

there is info in TE, I am not sure sth like “there is a VIP in your team, protect him”, so it is like encouraging to shoot at everybody who want to kill your VIP, but this is not logical!
you want to gain more exp exp exp for killing opposite VIP, and he will be chosen after your VIP will be killed… so… please kill my teammate VIP, I don’t know him :)

your solution is already in the game, for killing higher lvl u get more points

Flag Post

I am not clear on what you said Darchus.

again…

your solution is already in the game, for killing higher lvl u get more points

Not for VIP. This should apply to VIP also.

Flag Post

Not really. 500 points are a lot already, if you gave a % bonus for killing a higher level VIP people would start farming them as a source of XP. One kill giving 800 XP plus triple xp and boosters would start tempting too many players to make useless XP farms.

Flag Post

banana I really don’t see the point in the screen you posted. 59/32/30 vs. 59/59/52/52 is really that unbalanced? Because one guy chose to go USEC, rather than BEAR, ( 75% says it was because the BEAR team was full] the devs should implement features to lvl balance the team or redo the whole exp distribution?

Take a chill pill dude, it’s really not that big of a deal. I hardly see any issue here to be honest…

And about the K/D thing. I was saying most of the good players will intentionally join the team which is losing or have worse players, just to fuck up the good players’ K/Ds. Ask anybody in the top50, 40 of them will tell you they do this.

Flag Post
Originally posted by kaves:

banana I really don’t see the point in the screen you posted. 59/32/30 vs. 59/59/52/52 is really that unbalanced? Because one guy chose to go USEC, rather than BEAR, ( 75% says it was because the BEAR team was full] the devs should implement features to lvl balance the team or redo the whole exp distribution?

Take a chill pill dude, it’s really not that big of a deal. I hardly see any issue here to be honest…

And about the K/D thing. I was saying most of the good players will intentionally join the team which is losing or have worse players, just to fuck up the good players’ K/Ds. Ask anybody in the top50, 40 of them will tell you they do this.

When you say 59/32/30 vs. 59/59/52/52 is balanced, not sure you see any point.

This thread is meant for the devs. They can check the results and the levels after each fight, especially in TE. As a balancing act has been implemented in other portions of the game because of abuse. Why is TE except from this? This is my question to the devs.

I joined the high level team once, and boy, it was easier than mowing down my lawn.

Flag Post

I get your point. I know exactly what you mean. But you’re exaggerating.
What you’re proposing is useless, because there is no problem. And checking for non-existent problem is a waste of time.

And yes 59/32/30 vs. 59/59/52/52 is balanced. If it was 59/59/32/30 vs. 59/52/52 it would be balanced, right? So one guy makes that much of a difference? In the screen you posted, the one, balance shattering, lvl59 has 3:4 k/d so I REALLY don’t think he changed the game so much to do what you’re proposing. And yes, I understand you don’t mean just this one instance, but a bigger, global problem. But yet again I must repeat myself, there is no problem. Your strongest evidence is that screenshot, and it’s bullshit. So no one’s going to set any action in motion based on that.

Flag Post
Originally posted by SylviaWoon:

when i join TE i just let the game decide what team , i don’t think players usually pick teams on purpose.

I just played a Sawmill TE match with you and literally saw one of my team member(44lvl) switch sides in the middle of the game.

Being a hypocrite, I will from now on pick the higher lvl team unless the devs address this. There is no need for me being the lamb out there to be sacrificed for more points.

Flag Post

I don’t even look at the teams when joining unless i want an easier time doing a contract.

Also a few times i have had it happen where my team was just filled with noobs (not necessarily low lvls), that could not get a k/d over 1. How does this affect me or any high lvl player in my position? Simple, they don’t kill the other team so the other team appears to be everywhere (no population control). It’s almost a 1 vs all situation where most of the time you never last longer than 5 seconds after spawning and there is always a guy in the direction you aren’t looking. I guess that’s just frustrating to some higher levels trying to grind xp.

The game just needs a better auto balance system that takes levels into account, not amount of players.

Flag Post

I would say that if game balancing is implemented it should be based on the exp of players earned that previous game, which in my eyes would making the teams more equal as a lvl 30 player could be better then a lvl 50. Since it doesn’t matter what lvl you are its more about the skill of the player.

Flag Post

Because pictures speak more than words…

And I just joined. r__r

Flag Post

i intentionally join with the higher level players for the easy exp, I’m not afraid to admit it. If i was playing TDS then i would try to keep balance because TDS is really fun and i don’t want the lower levels to quit so fast, but if it were TE or TC then i would definitely try to join with the higher levels.

Flag Post

Agreed with the point about VIP suicides, it currently seems better for everyone if the VIP dies quickly. Since CW is fairly generous when it comes to tracking player movement, by joining the team with high level players you’re overall getting less kills. The only two reasons for joining the winning team seems to be easy wins in TDS and a higher kill streak (less dying).

Flag Post

Well thanks for posting all this so the newbies can steal mah points.

Flag Post
Originally posted by vice123:

Well thanks for posting all this so the newbies can steal mah points.

more educated society of players = more challenging game = more fun ;)
oh wait a moment… I understand… trolls likes easy win, right?

Flag Post

blablabla blablabla… We started on the equalization of opportunities and end about joining to Winning Team… Lades and Gentelman.
You can still whining on this game and how it’s not equivalent because I myself also as I do, but does not change the fact that the game need to lose a lot of people by winning one man, or lose one team that won the second no matter of the level.

Frustrating? Everyone is sometimes frustrating but people who are not able to play, primarily.

Last about, changing for winning team then ok who want that do when load game but if I see how someone in half game change team then I sometimes have the rank of the developer and ban this person, pernament. For example,I can give nickname Azaula, player who does while playing TDS.

Flag Post
Originally posted by XxXPAINKILLERXxX:

blablabla blablabla… We started on the equalization of opportunities and end about joining to Winning Team… Lades and Gentelman.
You can still whining on this game and how it’s not equivalent because I myself also as I do, but does not change the fact that the game need to lose a lot of people by winning one man, or lose one team that won the second no matter of the level.

Frustrating? Everyone is sometimes frustrating but people who are not able to play, primarily.

Last about, changing for winning team then ok who want that do when load game but if I see how someone in half game change team then I sometimes have the rank of the developer and ban this person, pernament. For example,I can give nickname Azaula, player who does while playing TDS.

My head hurt reading this. I got lost at this part too; “the game need to lose a lot of people by winning one man, or lose one team that won the second no matter of the level.”

This post has been removed by an administrator or moderator