Suggestions and tips page 20

3001 posts

Flag Post

it would be nice to have pistol-only maps. THis way you would really use your pistol collection, not just as a last resort.

also, it would be nice if higherlevel-contracts had to be done with lowlevel guns. this way you would be forced to use them again + weaker players would have a chance agains tier4+ weapon wielders.

Flag Post

well , how about getting the loaded maps downloaded into our computer , not in our cache . that way , we dont have 2o wait for the maps to load everytme we clear the cache!

Flag Post
Originally posted by URALLJERKS:

it would be nice to have pistol-only maps. THis way you would really use your pistol collection, not just as a last resort.

also, it would be nice if higherlevel-contracts had to be done with lowlevel guns. this way you would be forced to use them again + weaker players would have a chance agains tier4+ weapon wielders.

1. planned
2. already exist

Flag Post

Here’s a few:

1. How about displaying the rooms in a different way? What I mean is: as it is now, if you click the “Players” tab for example, it’ll sort rooms according to the number of players in them. But what if it sorted them that way, except according to the maps as well? For example:

"""
Old sawmill 10/12
Old sawmill 3/10
Old sawmill 0/12
____

Interchange 7/10
Interchange 1/6
____

(etc)

"""

Might be a tad confusing to implement, as it might have to resort to selecting two different “tabs”, such as “players” and “maps” for the above example. But it WOULD make the players life easier, IMHO :P Especially if the player base keeps increasing.

2. When looking for a room, have a server selecting screen with the number of players connected being displayed.
(EU – 20 players / US – 50 players)
Would be nice to have EU and US servers not all bundled together :P

3. Mouse smoothing!! Don’t you guys get frustrated when you’re aiming at that enemy 100m away, and the sight just goes left of him, right of him, left of him, right of him… (and never on spot)?

4. On Hardcore mode, have a option to check your minimap on whatever gadget your character is carrying around (eg.: pressing “M)” as opposed to having the minimap pop up only when someone on your team uses sonar.

Flag Post

there is buttons on top to sort servers by map and game mode

Flag Post

If you read the post, you’ll understand that’s not it. ;)

Flag Post

Sorry for the double post, couldn’t find an edit button.

What I mean on the first suggestion is the following: they’ve posted about allowing players to create rooms in the future, so I’m guessing if that’s implemented, there are gonna be more rooms. Personally hoping the player base increases as the game gets patched as well.
I suggested a more efficient, IMO, way of sorting rooms on a scroll down list like it’s being presented to players.

I know it might be considered unnecessary, but I believe that often small details are what make things differ.

Flag Post
Originally posted by jmora_s:

Here’s a few:

1. How about displaying the rooms in a different way? What I mean is: as it is now, if you click the “Players” tab for example, it’ll sort rooms according to the number of players in them. But what if it sorted them that way, except according to the maps as well? For example:

"""
Old sawmill 10/12
Old sawmill 3/10
Old sawmill 0/12
____

Interchange 7/10
Interchange 1/6
____

(etc)

"""

Might be a tad confusing to implement, as it might have to resort to selecting two different “tabs”, such as “players” and “maps” for the above example. But it WOULD make the players life easier, IMHO :P Especially if the player base keeps increasing.

2. When looking for a room, have a server selecting screen with the number of players connected being displayed.
(EU – 20 players / US – 50 players)
Would be nice to have EU and US servers not all bundled together :P

3. Mouse smoothing!! Don’t you guys get frustrated when you’re aiming at that enemy 100m away, and the sight just goes left of him, right of him, left of him, right of him… (and never on spot)?

4. On Hardcore mode, have a option to check your minimap on whatever gadget your character is carrying around (eg.: pressing “M)” as opposed to having the minimap pop up only when someone on your team uses sonar.

for 3. lower your sensitivity. if you’re finding it that annoying you should probably lower it. and what do you mean by “gadget” for 4? like what your character supposedly sees it on? (it pops up if your team has mortars coming too). i personally don’t like that idea, would ruin the feel for me.

Flag Post

for 3. lower your sensitivity. if you’re finding it that annoying you should probably lower it. and what do you mean by “gadget” for 4? like what your character supposedly sees it on? (it pops up if your team has mortars coming too). i personally don’t like that idea, would ruin the feel for me.

I’m under the impression most people play FPSs with a high sensitivity: the point of my suggestion is so that people who do enjoy playing with a high sensitivity can do so without getting the feeling you’re aiming at a grid of points in space, and not having that disadvantage.

As for the minimap: I referred to supposedly whatever piece of equipment allows you to see a minimap in the first place as the so said “gadget” :)
Trying to fight tactically as a team, and using the Q commands, becomes a lot more difficult without being able to check where your team mates are. By being able to toggle it on/off – or even have it show only when holding a key – would allow for the same immersion but with the possibility of checking a minimap on the run.

Flag Post

if they were to put a minimap in HC i think they should only let you see allies on it unless you have sonar. would make enough sense that you know where your team is but not the enemy.

back on the sensitivity part… yeah, ppl play on higher sensitivities because it gives you an advantage when it comes to turn speeds but you don’t want it so high that you can’t even shoot accurately at just medium distances. i’ve got mine pretty high and i pay a small penalty in extremely long range shooting w/o sniper scopes and the slightest cost when i’m sniping. high sensitivity is great but there is a cost where it isn’t worth and i personally think you passed that if you can’t do very well at 100m. you’ll want to be able to do fairly well at around 130-150m imo.

Flag Post

tfender,
i know its hard to fix problems and to make the game better. i think we all respect the work and we love the game. but there are some thinks people really miss about the game. it would be really nice if this thinks can be added /fixed in the game:

-unlockable camos
-more attachments
-less clan exp needed for clan ranking up
-more maps
-more conquest maps
-more gamemodes
-cheaper GP (buying GP for EXP)
-creating own server (including own rules)
-customizing weapons (Logos, clan sign)
-final kill cam (not in game kill cam)
-more/easier achievements
-offical clan wars/race
-tournaments
-clan challenges/achievements

I don’t remember more.

IF ANYONE HAS MORE IDEAS PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT

it would great if this things could be in the game.

thanx for reading and thanx for giving us the opportunity to play such a great game for free

ImoI

Flag Post

I’d like to play a female. I’m willing to spend 500 gp on this.

Flag Post
  • Matches should have extra spots reserved for spectators only.
  • There should be an option while spectating to remove all the “join game” and “change camera mode” thing for video making purposes.
  • An option to get rid of the cross-hair/disable skills in regular matches would be nice too just for the challenge if players want it.

Flag Post

Suggestions:
1. CO-OP Mode ( Fight along with your team to kill bots, kinda like campaige but shorter )
2. Flashlight and flashbang ( already told that )
3. The laser should have pointer at the target or on the wall, grounds ,etc
4. Zombie mode ( 4-6 defend a small area from the zombies )
5. Map that placed on a Ship ( Like shipment in COD4)
6. You should add some lens flare at the lights
7. Make some animations before the ragdolls come up JUST like Offensive Combat ( Also used Unity Engine )
8. Characters customization ? Or atleast more chars
9. Fix the jumping bugs, OK ? At the bay5, my legs usual stuck when jump on a box or st like that
10. Why don’t you guys make a restricted gun game ? Examples: Terminal-dm: Pistol only/ Shotgun only Old Sawmil: Sniper only/ Shot gun only / Rifle only etc
11. Please fix the Scar L W-Task, It only counts longshots, but in the menu it said headshot ( I really want headshot because i get A LOT OF headshot in a match
12. Change the Contract after a few days
13. Sprint for Tactical Conquest only
14. Please add Bay5 hardcore server for lv19-39
15. Active Skill ? ( You will have 3 slots( can buy more ) of active skills. Use in game by press button )
Cost money to buy Active Skill ( You decide )
Examples:
+Heat Sensor Skill
Description:
Last: 10 seconds
All enemies will apear as a orange/ or red dots ( Even behind many objects ) on the Sniper Scope

+ Heath Regain:
Description:
20HP Regeneration

+ Power of Will: ( only can use when you are less than 50hp )
Description:
Increase weapons damage by 15

+ Invisible Suit:
Description:
Invisible for 7 seconds
That all i could come up

16. Change CR to GP ( example: 8000 for 10GP )
17. Capture the Flag mode
18. Lean left or Lean Right ( Really important in Real Life Tactical )
19. Please redo the explosion effects, this effect looks like a game from 2003
20. Please make Asia server

Flag Post

please make the afk time longer.
i keep being kicked for inactivaty.

im getting pissed with all the times i get kicked, my parents call me and im gone for 1 minute. even less and i come back kicked. it gets VERY anoyying.
i cant get a glass of water without being kicked for inavtivity. please make the time a bit longer. plus we people like to farm afk people lol. jk
i lost my first prokill like that. im raging.

Flag Post
Originally posted by total1000:
i cant get a glass of water

o_O?
u drink water… like a… like an… animal? :O

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drachus:

o_O?

damn you caught me. okay okay. i was getting my 9th can of coke and opening up two bags of potato chips. putting them all into a bowl. then taking my beanbag, blanket, second blanket to sit on, two small pillows and one big one. and making a soft thrown. then putting all of my snackes and bedding on the floor and moving my Desktop onto the floor aswell. then getting a armrest. and neck rest. but i DIDNT get a straw… i need to stay in shape.

Flag Post
Originally posted by Drachus:

o_O?

Well, we’re told to drink a gallon of water (or something like that) a day.

Flag Post

Having played this game since late December, I would really like to see the implementation of a basic in-game aid system.

Collectible items such as health packs, ammo boxes and grenade refills can really help solve the redundancy of having no ammo left.
They do not have to spawn in the same locations as in Halo for example which will lead to players flocking over to the same spots, but can come in the form of parachute crates dropped in random places.
Red Crucible 2 has this feature though their crate drops are always in the same spot.

Also, how about some preparation type weapons such as mines, spikes or claymores? Say each person that has access to these can only have 1 or so active at a time until their death to avoid spamming of the battlefield.
These could perhaps be dismantled by players much the same way as defusing a beacon, and their presence can make the on-screen grenade indicator skill more useful.

Flag Post

uhhh im very unhappy about the new kill popup.
i missed the red flag saying kill
instead now all i see is my score and numbers.

one of the things i love about the game is how satisfying it is to see that kill pop lol

Flag Post

You should change the WARN sentence when the VIP is on enemy team:
+ Don’t say: “There is a VIP…” OFCOURSE THERE is “A” , there is only ONE vip in the game
+ Don’t say: “Kill him” It sounds poor, and bad
It should be: “Take him down” or something like that

Flag Post
Originally posted by dungto789:

You should change the WARN sentence when the VIP is on enemy team:
+ Don’t say: “There is a VIP…” OFCOURSE THERE is “A” , there is only ONE vip in the game
+ Don’t say: “Kill him” It sounds poor, and bad
It should be: “Take him down” or something like that

wut.

Flag Post

I see so many BAD suggestions popping all over the place, the common theme being that lots of you lot want to play an amalgamation of a dozen of different FPSs. I for one, would definitely not like to play a Frankenfps.

The best things in life come when a complex and satisfying concept shines trough the simplicity of it’s execution. Like in the best examples in the world of design where form tightly follows function to make something more efficient and straight forward while maintaining the best possible aesthetics, usability and craftmanship and providing the best possible experience.

Translated to the world of CW, what I mean to say is that it would be wiser to look at the things CW does really well (which are plenty) and think of how to make them even better and more streamlined instead of concentrating on the things that CW doesn’t have (plenty of which are not neccessary and some are right off undesirable).

In my opinion, 2 things that could use more work to make the experience shine and bring it to the next level are the senses of REWARD and LOSS.

Let me explain:
I think the scoring system is flawed. The scoring and the leaderboards are based on the experience accumulated during matches, be it with or without boosting, and there is a discrepancy in gaining experience in different game modes creating a difference between time invested and experience gained depending on the game mode, the result being that the more time invested in grinding the game gives you a better score. This means that grinding the game (and investing lots of time and/or resources), no matter how good or bad you are at the actual game gives you always the same payoff (experience/credits), albeit you get it a bit faster if you are better than not (but this also depends on various different factors).

And here is the root of the problem: the game model is based on the concept of constantly gaining experience and credits to get more skills and weapons that can eventually make you a little better/faster at gaining more experience/credits for even more skills/weapons. Don’t get me wrong, gaining exp/creds is not at all a bad thing, quite the contrary… but it should not be the sole goal of the game.

For example, once I reached level 59, I was relieved, because I thought I’m done with the obsessive collecting and can now go into hard core mode, relax a bitand just play. Alas, BOOOOM, and the clan race is in, and I’m back into more grinding. Once again the race scoring is not good, because it rewards only time invested, nothing else. It does not make a lot of sense from a player’s perspective, but I guess it makes sense from a marketing perspective, because you want the player to invest a lot of time, and if he doesn’t have lots of time (like me) you hope for him to cough some cash out to make the accumulation of exp faster by buying boosters and/or more expensive weapons. All this for eventually get a new clan skill/weapon. I understand it may work for you from an economic point of view, but to be honest it’s not good for the game, and that’s a pity, because it’s a very good game that could be an excellent game, even a cult one.

What I’m saying is that there is something missing and that is:
The purpose/goal/point of the game should be actual SKILL in THE GAME of CW.

The accumulating exp/cred for the purpose of aquisition should be split from the actual skill/value of a match, meaning the exp/cred goes in the bank, while another value for skill goes in the leaderboards (for example: nr. of enemies killed – times died [+ times assisted if team based]). This way there could be a leaderboard of skill that would give a psychological reward to the players involved… a matter of prestige if you want. Because that’s what the player plays for in the end, not the exp/cred gained.

The exp/cred criteria means nothing if it’s only a matter of grinding(time/brute force invested). NOTHING

The reward aspect could be also increased with multiple leaderboards: one global and others based on the different game modes. These could be divided in all time and weekly or monthly in which plaers get additional rewards based on their achievements/placement. The rewards don’t have to be cred/exp/gold, but can be new things like weekly/monthly medals, cups, special timed smaller skills like a little amount of added ammo or a slight increase in a stat… the possibilities are far to endless but also I think easily implementable with a big payoff for both parties.

Prestige increases meaning which in turn increases psychological investment and loyalty which in turn increases the will to get better at the game and to get better weapons and skills (and invest real currency) to climb the bloody leaderboard to get more prestige.

It’s all about the prestige!

So, i mentioned also the aspect of loss, and here is what I mean by that, and this brings us back to why this exp/cred game model that doesn’t reward skill is so flawed:

Dying is far too meaningless.

It’s ironic how the game mode where you can score the biggest amount of exp/cred and the one the most of us ply is also the one where you spawn the fastest (with the exception of deathmatch, which doesn’t give near as much exp): Team elimination.
I also noticed that the most interesting and tactical game mode (Target Designation) is the least played one, and if it is played is for contract purposes on the smallest map (bridge).
Dying is not penalized in the scoring at all. The scoring system makes the K/D stat irrelevant. You can just run around like mad kill one , be killed, spawn, repeat. No tension, no adrenalin/fear, just grind on and get xp.

The original counterstrike was such a hit on the competitive fps scene at the time because it had a lot of tension. One bullet and you’re dead until the end of the match, weakening your team and waiting in frustration. Gotta get better.

CW could use a little bit of more tension and fear of death, where taking cover and being sneaky means the life to you. Increase spawn time, detract exp/points, implement leaderboards/scoring that takes account of your death.

Make death mean something.

Anyway, my two cents (and a lot of paragraphs).

Flag Post

Play HC^ lol.

Flag Post

ipet, Clan Race is just a scheme to get people playing. :p