Suggestions and tips page 7

2976 posts

Flag Post
Originally posted by kirillkostrov:
Originally posted by hungryfarmer:

One feature that would improve the game immensely would be the ability to create and delete multiple characters on the one account. This will allow players to experience the different playing styles of the classes WITHOUT having to create a whole new Kongregate account.

At some point this is good idea. But just imagine if your account is being hacked and:
1) All your GPs transfered to another account
2) All your guns are sold for 1/2 price
3) All your characters are deleted

That’s why we’re not going to implement:
1) Funds transfer between accounts
2) Weapon sell
3) Ability to delete/reset account

Actually there will be a way to reset account, but we will implement a protection to prevent instant reset.

I know some games that have some things like that yet people don’t mind. Isn’t being hacked the player’s own responsibility unless it was hacked through the game itself?

1) You should be putting funds transfer in the transaction history so it’s easy to keep track of with proof in case an incidence like this happens.
2) Weapon selling isn’t that big a loss. In almost every MMO it happens to players yet it isn’t complained about very much and people move on.
3) Ability to reset/delete account like you say can have several processes like e-mail confirmation, a few days countdown to reset which can be aborted (immediate creation of new account so people don’t need to wait, will be deleted if reset aborts), and some other stalling methods to annoy the “hacker” and prevent it from being deleted so easily..

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:
Originally posted by kirillkostrov:
Originally posted by hungryfarmer:

One feature that would improve the game immensely would be the ability to create and delete multiple characters on the one account. This will allow players to experience the different playing styles of the classes WITHOUT having to create a whole new Kongregate account.

At some point this is good idea. But just imagine if your account is being hacked and:
1) All your GPs transfered to another account
2) All your guns are sold for 1/2 price
3) All your characters are deleted

That’s why we’re not going to implement:
1) Funds transfer between accounts
2) Weapon sell
3) Ability to delete/reset account

Actually there will be a way to reset account, but we will implement a protection to prevent instant reset.

I know some games that have some things like that yet people don’t mind. Isn’t being hacked the player’s own responsibility unless it was hacked through the game itself?

1) You should be putting funds transfer in the transaction history so it’s easy to keep track of with proof in case an incidence like this happens.
2) Weapon selling isn’t that big a loss. In almost every MMO it happens to players yet it isn’t complained about very much and people move on.
3) Ability to reset/delete account like you say can have several processes like e-mail confirmation, a few days countdown to reset which can be aborted (immediate creation of new account so people don’t need to wait, will be deleted if reset aborts), and some other stalling methods to annoy the “hacker” and prevent it from being deleted so easily..

and who is goig to work with this?
dev team is quet small to work with several networks , that would be less developing and more solving such problems , since fraud players are always waiting for the proper time

 
Flag Post

i agree with skullhead that most times accounts get hacked in video games, it is indeed the fault of the player simply being stupid. But if it’s something to do with Contract Wars itself, the password problem could be as severe with multiple characters on one account.

The issue if transferring GP to another account is a non-issue if there are multiple characters on one account, as hungryfarmer suggested, unless I’m misunderstanding something. GP could either be linked to the whole account or linked to individuals characters on an account, which makes more sense. Either way, there would be no transfer b/w accounts.

It’s a really bad idea to charge anything for resetting an account. This will lead to more people who end up avoiding this charge and instead create new kongregate accounts, which essentially lead to new contract wars accounts to do so. You should just revert to the original state of the game plus any GP that you bought with Kreds for free. In doing so, you move back to level 1, reset your SPs, lose all the other GP that you didn’t invest, etc. This would put you in the same position you’d be in when you create a new account, and give you the added GP you bought. There’s no reason why resetting should cost any GP in my eyes.


Nqss, that sounds like a different issue. skullhead was just responding to the reasons kirill spoke about why such a feature would not be implemented. At least at the time of that post, it didn’t seem like lack of devs on the dev team was the issue. I still don’t see why it would be an issue though.

 
Flag Post

could you build more tacticalqonquest maps, please ?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by theviking1:

could you build more tacticalqonquest maps, please ?

I second this. Tacticalconquest is what makes the Lighthouse map the most fun map to play.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Kuyaaaron:
Originally posted by theviking1:

could you build more tacticalqonquest maps, please ?

I second this. Tacticalconquest is what makes the Lighthouse map the most fun map to play.

More TC! More big open maps like Lighthouse! In the meantime, interchange can be used for TC.

 
Flag Post

Could you make the CW a little bit more better so I can play it from my slower PC? (I’m often playing it on my sister’s laptop, so…)

 
Flag Post

when someone kills you it should show there gun mastery, instead of only when your spectating that person.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by slixtrix:

Nqss, that sounds like a different issue. skullhead was just responding to the reasons kirill spoke about why such a feature would not be implemented. At least at the time of that post, it didn’t seem like lack of devs on the dev team was the issue. I still don’t see why it would be an issue though.

maybe because you are using kong only and haven’t seen what kind of mess there is with other 4 networks , with simple FAQing people all around
They are mostly kids who never look into helpthreads nor never read them.
Eventually there appear some people who are helping devs with that , but such thing as ban/unban and managing clans are still manual
+ there will be this thing , when devs will take responsobility of solving problems of people , who cant secure thier own accounts

 
Flag Post

i see.

also, is fullscreen being worked on for the mac?

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by Nqss:
Originally posted by slixtrix:

Nqss, that sounds like a different issue. skullhead was just responding to the reasons kirill spoke about why such a feature would not be implemented. At least at the time of that post, it didn’t seem like lack of devs on the dev team was the issue. I still don’t see why it would be an issue though.

maybe because you are using kong only and haven’t seen what kind of mess there is with other 4 networks , with simple FAQing people all around
They are mostly kids who never look into helpthreads nor never read them.
Eventually there appear some people who are helping devs with that , but such thing as ban/unban and managing clans are still manual
+ there will be this thing , when devs will take responsobility of solving problems of people , who cant secure thier own accounts

How big is the dev team anyway and where are the moderators? A game that has existed for 2 years and has a million+ users should have several mods for in-game and forums.

 
Flag Post

Just some support device ideas that devs probably won’t have time to make for a while. Maybe a whole skill tree can be made for support devices. (Also no idea why the character has radar/mortar beacons which can only be used after killstreaks)

Satellite – Using this device will allow you to have a top view of the whole map, you can zoom and move the camera. You can exit in mid-use and reuse later (device has a 20 second battery life).

Supply Crate – a crate parachutes down with extra supplies. Friendlies can go up to it and hold “F” (interact) to refill their health, armor and ammo.

Air Support – a helicopter flies around the person with a machine gun/gunner. Flies away after killing 3 people, the player dies, or the helicopter gets destroyed.

Attack Helicopter – Used for area denial, flies around the marked location for 20 seconds and fires rockets at enemies.

Adrenaline Syringe – Injects user with adrenaline, increasing movement speed, reload speed, accuracy, weapon switch speed and knife speed. Health is also increased by 50.

Air Strike – A jet flies over dropping bombs. Less number of strikes than mortar but larger explosion radius.

Satellite Strike (high killstreak) – similar screen to the satellite device where you can choose the location from a top view. The satellite fires a warhead that creates a large explosion killing everyone (even teammates). Wipes out all the smaller maps, radius will not completely cover the larger maps.

Incendiary Ammunition – Changes all ammo to incendiary ammo which sets people/things on fire. (hard to do because lots of maps have flammable objects)

Possibly automated turrets, mines and poison gas.

Also an attack dog companion in the skill tree would be nice. XD

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Just some support device ideas that devs probably won’t have time to make for a while. Maybe a whole skill tree can be made for support devices. (Also no idea why the character has radar/mortar beacons which can only be used after killstreaks)

Satellite – Using this device will allow you to have a top view of the whole map, you can zoom and move the camera. You can exit in mid-use and reuse later (device has a 20 second battery life).

Supply Crate – a crate parachutes down with extra supplies. Friendlies can go up to it and hold “F” (interact) to refill their health, armor and ammo.

Air Support – a helicopter flies around the person with a machine gun/gunner. Flies away after killing 3 people, the player dies, or the helicopter gets destroyed.

Attack Helicopter – Used for area denial, flies around the marked location for 20 seconds and fires rockets at enemies.

Adrenaline Syringe – Injects user with adrenaline, increasing movement speed, reload speed, accuracy, weapon switch speed and knife speed. Health is also increased by 50.

Air Strike – A jet flies over dropping bombs. Less number of strikes than mortar but larger explosion radius.

Satellite Strike (high killstreak) – similar screen to the satellite device where you can choose the location from a top view. The satellite fires a warhead that creates a large explosion killing everyone (even teammates). Wipes out all the smaller maps, radius will not completely cover the larger maps.

Incendiary Ammunition – Changes all ammo to incendiary ammo which sets people/things on fire. (hard to do because lots of maps have flammable objects)

Possibly automated turrets, mines and poison gas.

Also an attack dog companion in the skill tree would be nice. XD

1. It could work
2. Very good idea
3. Depends on how fast it will kill people
4. Oh god………….not another game with an attack helicopter.
5. I support this
6. Are you able to set where it will drop?
7. Nuke? No thank you
8. I don’t like this

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by skullhead51:

Just some support device ideas that devs probably won’t have time to make for a while. Maybe a whole skill tree can be made for support devices. (Also no idea why the character has radar/mortar beacons which can only be used after killstreaks)

Satellite – Using this device will allow you to have a top view of the whole map, you can zoom and move the camera. You can exit in mid-use and reuse later (device has a 20 second battery life).

Supply Crate – a crate parachutes down with extra supplies. Friendlies can go up to it and hold “F” (interact) to refill their health, armor and ammo.

Air Support – a helicopter flies around the person with a machine gun/gunner. Flies away after killing 3 people, the player dies, or the helicopter gets destroyed.

Attack Helicopter – Used for area denial, flies around the marked location for 20 seconds and fires rockets at enemies.

Adrenaline Syringe – Injects user with adrenaline, increasing movement speed, reload speed, accuracy, weapon switch speed and knife speed. Health is also increased by 50.

Air Strike – A jet flies over dropping bombs. Less number of strikes than mortar but larger explosion radius.

Satellite Strike (high killstreak) – similar screen to the satellite device where you can choose the location from a top view. The satellite fires a warhead that creates a large explosion killing everyone (even teammates). Wipes out all the smaller maps, radius will not completely cover the larger maps.

Incendiary Ammunition – Changes all ammo to incendiary ammo which sets people/things on fire. (hard to do because lots of maps have flammable objects)

Possibly automated turrets, mines and poison gas.

Also an attack dog companion in the skill tree would be nice. XD

I sense CoD…

 
Flag Post

skullhead, i like some of the ideas, esp. the supply crate. this game definitely needs some more killstreak bonuses if it’s going along that path. i think the mortar strike is overpowered for a 7 killstreak bonus. maybe you could get a supply crate at 7 kills, mortar strike at 10 kills, another supply crate at 15 kills, and then one of the more deadly bonuses at 20.

awesome, i haven’t played cod. but so what if the ideas are like cod? they’re good ideas. simply being from cod doesn’t make them bad. if there’s more substance to your argument, i don’t see it.


a suggestion: i think a riot shield would be pretty cool to use in this game with a pistol :)

 
Flag Post

Good ideas skullhead! Maybe not all of them, but supply crate, adrenaline, and mines would be cool. Maybe air support but idk. Attack dog, turret, and incendiary ammo would be cool but wouldnt work imo.

 
Flag Post

I heard more support devices are going to be added so higher killstreaks are easier to get. Especially prokill where you’ve used all ammo by then. So i threw in some ideas that could be used. Oh yes i forgot maybe thermal vision could be a kill streak thing.

Thermal Vision/Heat Vision – can be turned on or off with a battery life of 20 seconds. Easier to use than radar and a perfect match with bullet pierce vs map. However teammates will not get the bonus.

Not sure if you guys would want a kamikaze thing where you explode when killed. lol

For the supply crate i forgot to put that people can only use it for a total of 5 times. So the crate has enough to resupply 5 times/5 people.

Instead of incendiary ammo, maybe poison bullets?


Some new idea.

Sonic Boom – orders a jet to fly low over the location while exceeding the speed of sound. The sonic boom stuns people in the area and renders them deaf. Players get decreased mobility and lower accuracy. Not sure, but in real life i’m pretty sure something like that would make anyone go deaf and be in a lot of pain.

 
Flag Post

Doesn’t the sonic boom only take place when a body breaks the speed barrier? I mean, it would sound a bit unrealistic that a jet would fly low breaking the sound barrier when it’s so close to the ground (it would be impossibly dangerous in real life, I mean).

On the other hand, I like the thermal vision idea.

 
Flag Post

This game does take place a little in the future right?

If so…

A vision that allows the players to scan the area for enemies/grenades/armstreaks and paints them red on their screen. It will also show the trajectory of their bullet if they shot and where it would hit.

 
Flag Post
Originally posted by YoYoBro93:

Doesn’t the sonic boom only take place when a body breaks the speed barrier? I mean, it would sound a bit unrealistic that a jet would fly low breaking the sound barrier when it’s so close to the ground (it would be impossibly dangerous in real life, I mean).

On the other hand, I like the thermal vision idea.

No, it also occurs in a cone shaped sound wave behind it when it is flying faster than the speed of sound.

Originally posted by Glock243:

This game does take place a little in the future right?

If so…

A vision that allows the players to scan the area for enemies/grenades/armstreaks and paints them red on their screen. It will also show the trajectory of their bullet if they shot and where it would hit.

Good idea, i was thinking of that but there are skills that do most of that already. Then again it’s easier than constantly using the radar which is a bit inaccurate.

 
Flag Post

Just saying this is a lot lot Perfect Worlds Internationals Black-light Retribution and I commend you for this because its like it but its something different almost better in my case because it requires less CPU power so it runs easy on my laptop.

Now my point is Shotguns they just need more spread. They are great for long range but anything in between they are just terrible and don’t compare to even pistols. So please if you could work on shotgun mechanics.

Also the Benelli could use an auto fire option where if you hold down the fire button it will just keep firing as soon as possible so you dont have to constantly go CLICKLCIKLCICKLCICKLCIKCLICK pause CLICKLCIKLCICKLCICKLCIKCLIC to empty a single mag.

If you could please just find someway to implement things like this that would be great because right now shotguns response time just doesn’t compare to the other guns because by the time your shotgun actually fires you will be dead if your opponent is using a MG or SMG or even a Pistol.

Just some ideas here that I have discussed with various players in chat.

 
Flag Post

i don’t know how we got from guile and street fighter to mortal kombat, but… this game needs babalities.

 
Flag Post

Also the Benelli could use an auto fire option where if you hold down the fire button it will just keep firing as soon as possible so you dont have to constantly go CLICKLCIKLCICKLCICKLCIKCLICK pause CLICKLCIKLCICKLCICKLCIKCLIC to empty a single mag.

If you could please just find someway to implement things like this that would be great because right now shotguns response time just doesn’t compare to the other guns because by the time your shotgun actually fires you will be dead if your opponent is using a MG or SMG or even a Pistol.

Just some ideas here that I have discussed with various players in chat.

No, the point of shotguns are to be slow but powerful. If this was implemented, shotguns would be over-powered and everyone would be using it.

 
Flag Post

Desert Eagle and Gold AKMS should go into a “Collector’s Weapon set”. Just to make it more obvious and you can add more guns into it like antique guns or prototype guns.

 
Flag Post

Any chance we can get some customization, costumes, or special armor etc just so we can give the players more personality. For eg: achievements unlocking certain cosmetic items.